Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Double Points

3 posters

Go down

Double Points Empty Double Points

Post by briteasafirefly Thu May 05, 2011 5:23 pm

I'm all for getting extra points from purchases, but after my last online purchase I was a little surprised to see my points were doubled. Did I miss a email announcing this because I haven't seen anything on mypoints about it.
Was this just a March thing or is it ongoing?

Oh and I had my first disappointment with points crediting...petcarerx and mypoints used to be great about crediting purchases right away, but my last order I had to email mypoints about it after the 30 days. Not that it was a pain to get the points credited, but still disappointing that I had to track it to make sure it happened.
briteasafirefly
briteasafirefly
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 625
Honeycomb : the doomed level 6
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Double Points Empty Re: Double Points

Post by Lori Thu May 05, 2011 5:47 pm

Well, there are featured stores every day that double the points. Maybe it was one of those and you didn't realize it. You can see which stores are doubled by clicking on Shop and then looking on the right hand side (down a little). Today it says:

MyJewelryBox
Double your Points! Shop through this link today and earn twice the current 4 Points per dollar.
8 Points per dollar
CarRentals.com
Double your Points! Shop through this link today and earn twice the current 3 Points per dollar.
6 Points per dollar

Now let's discuss when they cut points in half - like they just did for Overstock.com orders. Sad It used to be a no-brainer. Their book and music prices beat Amazon's and you got 10 points per dollar. Now I'll have to check around and would probably just order through ebates.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Thu May 05, 2011 10:52 pm

I have been emailing them for 90 days over a Cabela's order. Mike spent $826, and they haven't credited, and Cabela's says they may not
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Fri May 06, 2011 7:12 am

What's their issue with the Cabela purchase, Erin? I know I went around with them for awhile on them not doubling points on a magazine purchase through Magazines.com. In the end, they said that I had ordered through a Bonus email click-through and received what the email promised. Had I ordered through MyPoints.com I'd have earned a different number of points. I guess I understood their reasoning because I decided to drop the issue. Other than that I've won every argument with them.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Fri May 06, 2011 9:29 am

He went thru mypoints, they are saying it isn't a "qualified purcahse"...we are still arguing
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by briteasafirefly Sat May 07, 2011 7:51 pm

that stinks about Cabelas...how is it not qualified? their only restriction listed with Cabelas says that gift card purchases count.

I didn't even notice overstock dropped in point value...I know a couple of times I made big points with overstock with some mypoints holiday promo where i think it was double the points or maybe it was 50% more points.
briteasafirefly
briteasafirefly

Number of posts : 625
Honeycomb : the doomed level 6
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down