Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MIL vent

+3
tara
Rebecca1340
edbson
7 posters

Go down

MIL vent Empty MIL vent

Post by edbson Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:47 pm

SO, MIL lives about 100 miles away, 2 hours-ish. She comes into town every few month, but always calls a few days ahead of time, to see if we are doing anything.
SO today, DH, Bnut and I are at Lowes, buying stuff for the house and i get this phone call: "where are you guys?" I said I would be here about Noon".
SO, she evidently forgot that she did not call, and that she actually for once showed up on time.( MIL is ALWAYS late, to the point of me telling her the time for the kids bday parties and other stuff, at least 2-3 hours ahead of the actual time, and she is still late. This woman was late for her HUSBANDS funeral!)
Anyway, I digress...she got all pissy because we where not home, and she insisted she called. UM, no she didn't, and i am sorry but we had other plans, and even if she had called we would have been busy. DH is working 6/12's and rarely has time to do anything. So WHY do MIL's think the world revolves around them?

OH, I found out she called SIL to let her know, and meet them for lunch.....and forgot who she called I guess. Glad to know we don't even rate lunch....LOL
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

MIL vent Empty Re: MIL vent

Post by Rebecca1340 Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:52 pm

LOL! My MIL does that kind of stuff too. Mine is on a big kick right now because my work hours are inconvenient for her to come for visits. Clearly inconveniencing her is the only reason I work the hours I do.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:58 pm

Yep, you know it.
Same reason I "made" dh go to lowes today, on his "only" day off....
The real reason is so he could help pick out the light fixtures/fauctes/ceiling fans that he is stuck with for the rest of his life,,,,

Very Happy
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:15 pm

Man are you ever mean to her little boy!
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:36 pm

I agree what an awful wife you are, lol.
I have a great MIL and FIL for that matter, it's my mom that drives me nuts most of the time.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:38 pm

My MIL is great. She takes out all four of my kids at once and encourages Scott to take me out to the movies. It's my mom that drives me nuts. I just finally told her the other day that I wouldn't be doing anything with her for 3 or 4 months. It sounds awful, but really... my youngest is 2 and she hasn't babyproofed her house, doesn't want to come to my house because it's too hectic, and wants to meet at restaurants or museums. Ummm. No. Not with a two year old. She'll invite one kid to do something fun with her, but not the others. No big deal if she'd switch them around but it's always the same kid who gets invited out. After much discussion and pressure she's at least doing things with both of the older ones, but she avoids the littler two except for a quick hug when she's coming to get one of the older ones. I can kind of understand why she doesn't take Quinn since her house isn't babyproofed but Zoe isn't in diapers, doesn't require anything special, and is much easier to deal with than she used to be. It's no wonder the kid's are closer to Scott's mom than they are to my mom. Although my mom doesn't understand and even gets upset about that. But it's her own fault.

The other thing my mom does that drives me crazy is that she frequently asks what I'm reading. Reading? Reading? What is this reading of which you speak? I haven't read in, let's see... two years!
thebigscott
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:42 pm

Either of you wanna trade?
My Mom has been gone almost 7 years, but frankly, she was a nutjob...no disrespect to the dearly departed and all, but she was. My Dad doesn't have a clue, senility? Maybe, I think so.....but we are pretty tight, although he is clueless where kids are concerned. Last week he Picked Xman up off the floor when he was crying and was telling him" Now that is unnacceptable behavior, and you must stop right now", he was saying it nicely, but really. I am thiking too much military, and sniffing agent orange or whatever.
Mil is just...well, MIL. She just recently realized that dh and I might not get divorced after all, since we have been married for 21 years now....she has apparently been planning the day when he would "come home". He can't stand to be around her...
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by tegansmom Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:05 pm

Oh geez..... sounds crazy to me. I lost my MIL almost 2 years ago... and I hate to say it, but my life has so much less drama. Amazing how one person can impact a whole family. Don't get me wrong, I loved her for who she was....... I just really didn't have much in common with her (other than dh...lol). The kids do miss her and talk about her often, that's the sad thing.
tegansmom
tegansmom
In Need of a 12 Step Program
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 834
Registration date : 2008-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:14 am

I don't have an MIL, Kris' mom died from leukemia when he was 14, his dad died when he was in his early 20's from cancer. I do however have 3 SIL's whom most of you have heard about, and two of them act like MIL's so I guess I am thrice blessed lol
KellyM
KellyM

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:55 pm

I don't have a mil or mother, both have passed away. I do however, have a sil from h#%ll. My dd just called from college and said she received a package of family history and pictures from her aunt. She was laughing her head off at some of the stupid stuff written in there. Then she noticed her sister's name is not spelled correctly. Her name is Nicole, how hard is that to get right? She is 24 too, not like she is brand new niece Rolling Eyes
I told her maybe she just had a lot of typos and didn't know it. Dd said, yeah or maybe she is just crazy Razz
Honey
Honey

Number of posts : 1859
Honeycomb : 5
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down