Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thoughts & Prayers for bizzeedee's dh

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Thoughts & Prayers for bizzeedee's dh - Page 2 Empty Re: Thoughts & Prayers for bizzeedee's dh

Post by agaphmou Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:17 pm

I feel for you Dee! When my father was in the hospital after getting hit by a car 4 yrs ago,he was so bitchy.I was there every day for hours and he tried to make me feel guilty for going home to get some rest and pick on some food.The nurses called me their assistant b/c while I was there they appreciated me helping them with him. If he didn't get soup for lunch every day,he made me go in search of soup.Well the guy next to me got soup,why didn't I.It was even worse when we admitted him to a rehab facility because he hadn't walked or moved for 3 months and the physical therapy dept refused to perform it saying that they only treated people on their floor.It was the worst hospital in the world,but the ICU where my dad was most of the time was the absolute best!Be strong dear friend!
agaphmou
agaphmou
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 4523
Honeycomb :

Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Thoughts & Prayers for bizzeedee's dh - Page 2 Empty Re: Thoughts & Prayers for bizzeedee's dh

Post by agaphmou Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:20 pm

I was so angry with the Phys.therapy dept refused I was extremely angry,I never yelled so loud.I told them,"no wonder you have the worst reputation of all the NY hospitals"
agaphmou
agaphmou

Honeycomb :

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:30 am

Well Chuck had another stroke this morning... I didn't call 911 right away, as he seemed to come around... Aide came at 10 to bathe him but he refused going to the tub, so she washed in the living room on the recliner. At 11:30 the RN Home care nurse came, and we (I) told her what happened (she'd called earlier and I filled her in)... after taking his vitals, listing to what I observed and listening to Chuck trying to talk, she strongly advised we call 911. I had an appointment for him at the docs office at 2 and RN called an explained what was going on... so I packed up the meds, water (for me) and misc other things knowing it would be a long day and called 911. Not just one EMS ambulance this time but a hook and ladder fire truck... I asked if I should serve brunch LOL but they tool me the truck crew always responds when it's a stroke. Buy 1:15 we were at the hospital and stayed in ER until 8 pm when his hospital room was ready. Did another c-scan while in ER and will be followed up with another MRI in the morning. Funny, I keep thinking I hear him in the living room. The doctor that saw him in ER today was one our docs when he was in the hospital 8 days ago... he said he would fight harder to get him into a rehab facility (and quietly said "don't walk") That was the downfall.... as the report to the insurance company said he walked 250 ft in the hospital... really? I Think our family doctor, Home Health Care and the Docs at the hospital are on board with doing everything possible to get him into rehab... in the meantime, I'm seeing a few days in the hospital. I can't be an effective or safe care giver, as getting him up has become next to impossible.
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:47 pm

I made a boo boo... it was Thurs he had the stroke at home... to the hospital, then Friday night, another stroke....No he speaks in guttural sounds... just can't get the words out. Lots of med stuff going on and hopefully by Wed, we'd be sent to rehab... Doc assured me this time he would be admitted, as there is no way he can go home with me and home health care.... On my way back to the hospital now... I go for a few hours in the morning, take a 3 hour break at home, and back for 2-3 hours in pm... We play "words" and he gets so tired out he falls asleep. I kissed him goodbye this afternoon but he didn't wake, so left a Love Note on paper and laid it on his chest.
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by trax Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:07 pm

Thinking of you/your family, Dee.  All the best.Thoughts & Prayers for bizzeedee's dh - Page 2 820607
trax
trax

Number of posts : 1470
Honeycomb : In Hold Mode - Level 6
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:19 am

Latest update: In-patient rehab has been approved. He'll be going today or tomorrow.
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:29 am

Good news!
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:46 pm

Awesome!!
agaphmou
agaphmou

Honeycomb :

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:30 pm

Or Monday or Tuesday.... Sigh
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2