Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I just hate it when....(vent)

+3
edbson
thebigscott
KellyM
7 posters

Go down

I just hate it when....(vent) Empty I just hate it when....(vent)

Post by KellyM Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:52 pm

Certain people seem to have everything go right for them, which would be okay...I don't wish ill on anyone.. It's just that it irks me when someone looks down on/criticizes someone and they can step in a bucket of manure and come out smelling like a rose...grrr...

Sorry, I hate it when certain people make me feel this way. I don't want to be a nasty hateful person..I really don't..but some people (no matter how hard you try to like them)you just can't like.

SIL (the nasty mean one, the one who is rotten at every opportunity that presents itself, the one that I am constantly biting my tongue over) Even though she breeds ignorance and spite, and spouts bile about everyone all the time, she always manages to have "wonderful suprises" happen to her all the time. I know it's not nice to wish ill on anyone, but when she was fired a few months ago and was without a job I thought, even hoped, that it might humble her a little bit. I thought that she might learn to stop judging people and get her nose out of the air.
But imagine the suprise to find out that even though she has only been working her current job for 2-3 months and they just relocated from another state less than 6 mos ago that they were able to get a loan for a brand new home. Her incredible luck again the home is brand new construction, the builder lost it to the bank, and no one has ever lived in it. Where the builder lost it to the bank, they were able to get it for not even half of what it was worth.. it has it's own private pond, blah blah blah...

If it was just about anyone else I know, am aquainted with, etc, I would be genuinely happy for them, but I just can't help but be kind of pissy about it.
KellyM
KellyM
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

I just hate it when....(vent) Empty Re: I just hate it when....(vent)

Post by thebigscott Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:02 pm

I totally understand.

I was just saying to Scott last night that part of why I get so bummed when things don't work out the way I plan is that I make simple, easy, ridiculously low goals. Like "Today I will get one load of laundry washed, dried, folded, and put in the drawers without someone knocking it to the floor and walking on it." That is SIMPLE and I can't get it done. So when I see someone who I know is an ass and they have everything work out perfectly without even trying? Yeah, I get a little pissy about it. I try not to, because I really do believe that we should all help each other in the world. But it's hard when you know that they deserve it so much less than others.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:07 pm

Crap, I posted and it...well, it went somewhere

Look at it this way, as soomene who never has what could be remotely called good luck, I get it, I really do

If the developer/builder lost it to the bank, it could be shoddy construction, the pipes could leak, Interest rates WILL go up, and her pond will grow scum evenutally. .one can always hope

Maybe she will get giant camel fleas and lose the use of her arms?

I can say that, cuz I don't know her....LOL
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:18 pm

It just kills me because she wouldn't give anyone a dime, or help anyone out unless there was something in it for her. So I don't understand why everything just falls into place for her..then she sits on her high horse criticizing everyone else... Or if she ever did give someone a dime or help someone out, she would be sure to let everyone know that she did whatever it was.

I understand you there Karen. I get upset too because my wishes aren't flamboyant, or expensive, or unrealistic and I say the same thing to Krishn," It's not like I wanted a new car, or to win the lottery or anything, I just want to have one full day where the phone doesn't ring, or some catastrophe doesn't happen that I can get something done around here and not have it blown all to pieces when everyone gets home." Well, that and a big piece of chocolate cheesecake..
KellyM
KellyM

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:30 pm

I completly understand. Belive me.

The only way I make myself feel better is to tell myself that they have a miserable life that they refuse to show, or they have credit card debt to their armpits, or their kids are rude and brats, and will stick them in a nursing home the first time they sneeze and are over 55.

It is hard to work your butt off and try so hard and everything you touch turn to shit. I understand it because thats exactly where I am. Like Karen, I set REALLY small goals.
BR always picks on me because I am lazy. and do nothing but sit on my butt all the time. I tell him its the only way to guarentee that I dont screw something up! LOL

Of course, I found out the other day that someone didnt like me, because they thaught I was that person. The one who has 4 perfect kids, who is always dressed, has on makeup and wears a sweatsuit to town because it is cute and thats her mood and not because she is too lazy to fight her jeans on that morning. She thaught that I had money, that my house must always be spotless, that I was the PERFECT volunteer, that I had such wonderful talents (the mums, the baseball cake and coke cake), that I never just break down and buy mcdonalds because I dont want to cook a 3 course meal with dessert and all, That I had a great body after 4 kids, that I did everything in 8 hours a day that she couldnt get half done in 12.

I told her that no. I wear sweats to town becuase sometimes I just dont want to suck in a gut for 6 hours, a ballcap because I cant afford a hair cut that week, or just cant make it look decent that day, that I am more broke than she is, that to get meals, I have to make them because I cant afford to eat out, That my house is NEVER clean, that I sleep about 5 hours a night, that I hate to iron, that I really didnt realize I was hiding the fat that good, I am very embarressed on how I look, that I have zits like a teen, that I volunteer because I need the distraction and excuse to not clean, that I forget my own kids names, that I am very insecure and not always perky and jumping around, that I can, freeze, plant, butcher because its the only way we CAN live, not because I have some supermom complex, that I made that first cake, because I couldnt afford the 45.00 to buy my son a store bought one, that my kids are awful, they are smartasses, they fail, they bring home critters that most people would faint if they saw in their house (how she didnt know this I dont know. Its not like I am shy about ANY of my childrens shortcomings), that they are NOT baseball superstars, (she watches them PLAY..... ) and that I am always scared I am screwing something up.

I NEVER thought anyone would look at me like this. But she had eaten lunch with one of her kids one day, saw my son brought homemade biscuts, gravey and steak to school, (because I forgot to buy sandwhich meat the day beforeand refused to pay 1.50 for his lunch. He was SOOO embarressed) and he told her that I always cook, he never gets mcdonalds. (he was complaining- and she had brought mcdonalds to school for her son...), She saw the pics of Bretts cake when he brought it for show and tell etc. It was just impressions she got. She actually told me "I didnt know you were nice and funny, or would just BS with everyone. I thought you were too good for the rest of us" LOL, if she only KNEW. Luckily another friend was there adn she told her that I was the most down to earth and least stuck up person she knew. That made me feel REALLY good.

sorry for the novel. But this kinda fit a little. sometimes we dont realize that we are that perfect person that someone sees...

Now with your SIL, I dont know that you aint right on the money. But tell yourself she suffers from the most God awful yeast infection and cant get rid of it. Maybe it will make you feel better Wink
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:37 pm

I just hate it when....(vent) 820607

I totally get it. I think we all know people like that, don't dwell on it, it will drive you nuts.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:50 pm

Chelle, you are exactly right. It is SO easy to assume that just because someone looks like they have it all going on, that their entire life is just like that. But we all know how hard we try to hide the things that are way, way off. Like how I don't think twice about it when people talk about how good my kids are. They ARE! They get along great and follow the rules 90% of the time and if they did it any more than that I'd wonder what they were hiding. But what people don't know is that my house is ALWAYS a disaster area. Like the before houses on clean sweep. And Scott is constantly starting some project but never finishing so currently there's a hole in my kitchen ceiling, the overhead light in my bathroom is disconnected, the kitchen sink is in peices, there's a section of wall where he took the panelling off and the drywall out, and it's been that way for almost two years. So if people were to judge me on how nice my kids are, they probably think my life is perfect. But if they were to judge me on the state of my house they'd think they should call CPS on me.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:06 pm

I think I live at your house Karen, except my kids are now grown and I have more pets.
Honey
Honey

Number of posts : 1859
Honeycomb : 5
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:09 pm

You know I do have really good kids, but it isn't always the way it looks. My youngest went through a period of depression and cut herself. Yet she still made all A's in school and acted like a perfect child in public. Anyone who found out, was in total shock. People still say my kids are perfect. They are really great girls, but no one is perfect.
Honey
Honey

Number of posts : 1859
Honeycomb : 5
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:26 pm

I know what you guys mean, but, no, SIL is not secretly dealing with tragic and sad things behind the surface that no one knows about. She is the type of person that satan could tell her she was going to hell and she would defy him , and win....
KellyM
KellyM

Back to top Go down

Post by Bunky64 Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:38 am

After reading this I don't fell so alone. I think we all know some one who falls in a bucket poop and comes out smelling like roses, I on the other hand am not one of them. As for the house projects that is like pulling teeth if i want something done you may have thought I asked my husband for a million dollars. as for your SIL KellyM I think that she may be related to my MIL.

Bunky64
Larva
Larva

Number of posts : 12
Honeycomb : Level 5
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down