Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

this weekend..

+4
Lori
59pearly
edbson
KellyM
8 posters

Go down

this weekend.. Empty this weekend..

Post by KellyM Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:24 pm

So the not so nice SIL is coming up to visit this weekend since both her and her hubby have Fri off. Her b-day is next week and though it's like pulling teeth for me, I will be making her a cake. I was suprised that my other SIL that lives up here or my hubby didn't think about it at all. My hubby did mention giving her b-day card (w/gift card) to her while she was up here, but none of them mentioned having a cake for her while she was up here or anything. I would have thought one of them would have mentioned it, especially the SIL up here because she is always so perfect, she reminds me of that chick on the food channel that Sandra Semi Homemade chick ugghh.. I should elaborate that SIL cannot cook, but just the "little miss I am so perfect" type thing that she has going reminds me of that chick. So I asked SIL up here, " Shouldn't we do cake or something?" I knew the minute I mentioned it that I would be nominated, but that's what i get lol. So I am making a 4 layer white cake with toasted coconut frosting, (hopefully no one is allergic to coconut!) I never asked because I am so sick of them telling me what to make all the time that this time I figured I would make what I wanted. Oh well, if they don't like it or break out in a rash I can always take the rest of the cake home Smile
KellyM
KellyM
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

this weekend.. Empty Re: this weekend..

Post by edbson Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:34 pm

I would totally let them buy a cake from wal mart,
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by 59pearly Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:37 pm

Walmart sounds reasonable to me and... ask everyone to chip in so it will be a family thing.
59pearly
59pearly
In Need of a 12 Step Program
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 848
Honeycomb : Level 6 Sweet Bee - Need 13 honeycombs for next key. Sigh.
Registration date : 2008-05-05

http://acommonstreetpeddler.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:39 pm

We don't do presents or cakes for the adults in our families. Just parents. So I don't think it's all that weird that nobody suggested it. Or maybe they didn't want to bother you again. That would mean that they're starting to catch on about what a job it is.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:48 pm

I could have mentioned a Walmart cake, I suppose, but it's kind of last minute because it's tomorrow, so I just picked up ingredients today. It's all good, I keep telling myself that for every nice thing that I do in this life, that I will be rewarded with perfect perky boobs and a skinny figure in my next life ... If i really wanted to be mean I could get number candles and put a big 43 on the cake (that would piss her off because she is super sensitive about her age, and doesn't like people talking about it) but I won't...

Lori, my hubbys sisters always make a big deal out of their birthdays (or should I say that they always have someone make a big deal out of their birthdays for them) In my family it's a card or just a call to tell them Happy Birthday, I have made a cake on occasion..but we don't do the whole party thing...
KellyM
KellyM

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:06 pm

Oh I would SO put 43 candles on the cake and light them all and then make a big deal about how you shouldn't have lit them because it's a fire hazard with that many.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:03 pm

thebigscott wrote:Oh I would SO put 43 candles on the cake and light them all and then make a big deal about how you shouldn't have lit them because it's a fire hazard with that many.

this weekend.. 88315 I agree. Or next best thing is that she IS allergic to cocconut! Me? i love cocconut... and would love to have someone bake me one!
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:58 pm

Yep, I would SO totally put a BUNCh of candles, OR in big letters write HAPPY 43RD BIRTHDAY TO painintheasssil
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:03 pm

You could always take out an ad in her hometown happy.... you know one of those birthday ads and claim innocent about why it says happy 50th with a picture Smile
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:09 pm

I agree with Karen! Smile

My mother pulled that shit on me. when i was getting the stuff for MIL's coke cake, she called. Heard Rayley in the background talking about the cake stuff.

said "why are you making a cake?"
"everyone (all 4 of her kids, husband etc) forgot Martha's birthday"
"everyone always forgets MY birthday and i dont get a cake"
"I never forget your birthday, and this is only the second one I have ever made"
"BS, you made her one last year too"
"oh thats right, I threw together a few cake mixes, stacked them up, and took them to her house, an hour after finding out we had forgotten AGAIN. Oh and it fell to peices and was a disaster- PLUS, it was because I didnt have a dime to my name, and couldnt give her a gift if I tried. not even a card, BUT did have some cake mixes that were a year old..."
"well, I would like a cake too. Noone ever gets ME a cake, or cares about my birthday"
I wanted to say "cause I am the only child and could give a rats ass about you or your birthday you spoilt rotten, witch"

BUT I didnt.

i just ignored it. and decided that instead of spending a hundred bucks on her next year, I'll make her a cake.

BR said if I make her a cake he is gona divorce me.

LOL

I mean damn. eventually, its just time to quit acting like a kid.
I dont want anything for my birthday. I go overboard trying to IGNORE it. and I know its a mental thing because at 53 she thinks that she needs the full blown party and gets pissed if she doesnt get it.

My dad was up at my BD (cause Bows is 2 days later)- so that morn BR asked about going out to eat. I said NO.
a little while later my mother comes over. with a chocolate cake (which I dont like) and a present. then my dad insisited we go out to eat.

Everyone else forgot. which is what I wanted.
BUt EVERY year my mother calls me. and asks what BR got me. some years he does something, most years he doesnt. I said "nothing. just like I told him to"
" I dnt know why you accept that, I would be pissed. and my feelings would be hurt" I told her that it was just money wasted, that we didnt have, and I really didnt need anything.
"well, I BETTER get something for mine. I dont care about money, I deserve a present on my birthday".

why? because someone ELSE gave birth to you? didnt kill you as a child? and didnt kill you as a greedy rude and ignorant adult?
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:28 pm

Come on, Chelle, tell us how you really feel.

this weekend.. 88315

I have to admit that I get hurt when my kids seem to forget my birthday. We get along, though, so it's different. My 17 year old got a cool calendar from the military and I wanted him to hang it up in his room and use it. He said NO. I told him he needed it so he would remember my birthday. He said he already knew when it was. And he did. Good boy. DH had no idea when his mother's b-day was, which resulted in us getting married on her birthday. Double damn! That choice is with us for life!
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:36 pm

I do try to remember peoples birthday lori. Honest I do. and I had talked to martha about her birthday on Saturday. but by monday it slipped my mind. LOL

I just tend to resent people who insist that they are so special. Smile
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down