Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is your favorite leftover sandwich?

+2
KellyM
59pearly
6 posters

Go down

What is your favorite leftover sandwich? Empty What is your favorite leftover sandwich?

Post by 59pearly Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:26 am

Happy Thanksgiving, Bzzers!
What is your favorite leftover sandwich? I saw a food program last night about this restaurant that sell something called the Leftover sandwich. It cooks three turkeys a day to make the sandwiches because they are so popular. They slice the meat, chop it up and then add stuffing to it and make a patty. They then grill it. They toast the bread and then spread it with cranberry sauce. Boy, that looked good.

What do you put on your leftover sandwiches?

I put sliced turkey, salt and pepper, cranberry sauce and spread the bread with mayo.
59pearly
59pearly
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 848
Honeycomb : Level 6 Sweet Bee - Need 13 honeycombs for next key. Sigh.
Registration date : 2008-05-05

http://acommonstreetpeddler.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

What is your favorite leftover sandwich? Empty Re: What is your favorite leftover sandwich?

Post by KellyM Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:31 am

When I was pregnant, I used to eat just a stuffing sandwich (stuffing, Miracle Whip and bread) I also like turkey and stuffing sandwiches. My favorite non-holiday leftover sandwich is a meatloaf sandwich...
KellyM
KellyM
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

What is your favorite leftover sandwich? Empty Re: What is your favorite leftover sandwich?

Post by 59pearly Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:40 am

Now see, I knew this would be a good question to post! It never occurred to me to make a stuffing sandwich! Thanks Kelly. I will certainly add that one to my list of what to do with leftovers! Meatloaf sandwiches are pretty popular around these parts too.
59pearly
59pearly

Number of posts : 848
Honeycomb : Level 6 Sweet Bee - Need 13 honeycombs for next key. Sigh.
Registration date : 2008-05-05

http://acommonstreetpeddler.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:32 pm

I am weird and do not do leftovers, so my sandwiches usually have Pnut butter in them. DH likes leftover turkey sandwiches, with turkey, and bread.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by crystajewel Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:46 pm

i like a turkey sandwich cold with mustard

crystajewel
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 231
Honeycomb : busy bee
Registration date : 2008-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by mystariea Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:41 pm

After thanksgiving we make a "Thanksgiving Sandwich".
We basically put leftovers on a sandwich.
My favorite is to put a little mayo on one side of the bread topped with turkey, cranberry sauce, and stuffing (in that order). Then I spread the sweet potatoes (my MIL makes them with brown sugar and marshmallows) on the other side of the bread and put it on top. SO YUMMY!
Sometimes we'll make a sandwich with turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, and cranberry sauce if we don't have the rest of the items.
Sometimes it all goes on!

mystariea
Bzzing
Bzzing

Number of posts : 51
Honeycomb : Level 4 Honey Bee
Registration date : 2008-11-03

http://www.lovechinchillas.com

Back to top Go down

Post by idatater46 Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:01 pm

Best part of having turkey is the sandwiches the next few days. I start with a thick whole grain crusty bread- spread on a layer of cream cheese, then homemade cranberry chutney followed by turkey slices, slices of stuffing, avocado, red onion, Havarti cheese, thin cucumber slices and sprouts. Nothing better! What is your favorite leftover sandwich? 545780
idatater46
idatater46

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down