Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Too many My Points E-mails

+18
briteasafirefly
wtr27513
Phoenix1
BuzzNut
bizzeedee
mandja
Nyssa
Sharon
hkh9832
tara
edbson
thebigscott
KellyM
59pearly
Rebecca1340
KaeLynn
BeachyBum
grammaj
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Too many My Points E-mails Empty Too many My Points E-mails

Post by grammaj Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:02 pm

I am wondering how many of you are getting tired of the never ending My Points e-mails? I really enjoy being a Bzz Agent and have no real problem with this new system but I am tired of My points steadily trying to sell me something. This is pretty much how I feel about Womlets. I have yet to use one of these. The difference there is that they are just an extra perk. The way My Points has been set up you have to accept the e-mails or stop being a Bzz Agent. Is there something I am missing? Is there more to it than I see? Too many My Points E-mails 363723

grammaj
Larva
Larva

Number of posts : 7
Honeycomb : 3
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Back to top Go down

Too many My Points E-mails Empty Re: Too many My Points E-mails

Post by BeachyBum Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:05 pm

I think you can log into MyPoints and stop the emails.
I love the emails, each one is at least 5 points Smile
BeachyBum
BeachyBum
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 791
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~ 2 Golden Keys ~ Bzzing since 2003
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by KaeLynn Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:10 pm

I agree....I love them too....lets me build up my points...
KaeLynn
KaeLynn
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2008-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:19 pm

I'm no help. I closed my MyPits account and bzz for no points right now in the hopes that they'll ditch this system for something worthwhile in the future.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 59pearly Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:19 pm

I only get one email per week. I didn't sign up for the extra emails.
59pearly
59pearly

Number of posts : 848
Honeycomb : Level 6 Sweet Bee - Need 13 honeycombs for next key. Sigh.
Registration date : 2008-05-05

http://acommonstreetpeddler.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:28 pm

Hi grammaj, always good to see new faces..I believe there is a setting in your MyPoints account where you can adjust the amount of e-mails that you get from them. I, myself like the extra 5 points for the e-mails, it lets me accumulate points without having to sign up for anything. You should be able to change it though...
KellyM
KellyM
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:02 pm

You can turn them off. Go to my points and click on My Account on the top right hand corner of the page. Scroll down and on the right hand side of the page there is a grey box that says Manage Your Account. Inside that box, click on Manage E-mail Subscriptions. When that page opens, scroll down, checkmark the box that says "No longer receive any email from MyPoints" and hit update. That will stop the torrent of sales pitches.

I used to not get any. I signed up to get them this week because I am only 30 points away from getting a gift card and I want to get it before they hike the rates again. I will most likely turn them off again after that.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:54 pm

I get 3-10 a day and love them, I figure opening 10 is 50 points, sometimes more.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:36 pm

I agree Erin, east points= easy money. Of course if I had dial up I would be singing a different tune, but it only take a half a second, you don;t even have to wait for the second page to load, click the button and move on.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by hkh9832 Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:30 am

Well since I was able to accumulate enough in the past to earn GCs without even buying anything, I love em. The more the merrier.
hkh9832
hkh9832
Bzzing
Bzzing

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharon Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:38 am

I like getting the emails --those 5 points add up quick!! It takes no time to click on them--the surveys on the other hand take 4-eva -I did a couple and they went on and on I ended up clicking out of them!
Sharon
Sharon
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Number of posts : 319
Honeycomb : level 6 -1 gold keys
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyssa Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:53 am

It was one of the things I hated the most about MyPits back years ago when I first had an account. That and the constant difficulty of getting credit for purchases made me close that account.

This time as soon as the Shotgun Marriage to MyPits happened because of BzzAgent, I turned the suckers OFF! I'm on dialup and it's just not worth my time to wait, wait, wait for a crummy five points, which is worth even less than it was in the olden days.

The only email I get now from MyPits is in response to Customer (dis)Service emails that I initiate. It seems they still haven't figured out how to properly credit a member's account for a purchase. Humph!

Save yourself the agro and turn 'em off! If enough folks do that, maybe MyPits (and BzzAgent if they get feedback from MP) will get the hint that the strong-arm spam ain't workin' on us.

Nyssa

Number of posts : 525
Honeycomb : Just entering the Black Hole
Registration date : 2008-06-17

http://nyssa.cnc.net

Back to top Go down

Post by mandja Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:07 pm

I love them also... easy points
mandja
mandja
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Number of posts : 377
Honeycomb : 6
Registration date : 2008-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:54 pm

I'm all for them too, bet I never get more than 5 in a day (I actually wish there were more). Clicking then deleting is well worth the 5 points to me... since I buy very little thru any of their listed retailers, and with only one campaign going, building up points for me doesn't come easily.

Just received the last $25 GC (Chili's) yesterday... and now, so far away from another, I'll take all the 5 points I can get!

Oh, and with Sherman Travel... if you do them, once a week, you get 25 points (pending of course)... and all you have to do is put in two cities to fly between and dates, click on one sponsor and the points are yours. period. simple. easy.
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

Back to top Go down

Post by BuzzNut Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:46 am

I like doing the sherman travel one too. 25 points for an imaginary trip...lol But have you noticed, or it happens to me anyway, only certain travel sponsors work? I love the 5 point emails. That was all I had done until they merged with BzzAgent, and had many points accumulated. I usually only get 5 at the most emails a day, sometimes maybe 1 or 2. But I also get a few emails that have dead links and that irritates the daylights out of me, cuz you don't get credit.
BuzzNut
BuzzNut

Number of posts : 1737
Honeycomb : Level 6 ....the endless doom
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix1 Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:24 am

I've also found that Sherman's Travel doesn't always credit. I've learned to check my MyPoints page right after doing a Sherman's search.

The points should be added to the overall total immediately (although they'll be "pending" for a month.) If they're not, I click on the original Sherman's link & do a second search, & it usually credits that time.

For those who've never tried this, if you're set up to receive MyPoints invites, they'll send the Sherman's one periodically. You can also access it from the MyPoints website - I think it's in the travel section, but I'm not certain.

Phoenix

Phoenix1
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2008-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by wtr27513 Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:58 am

I totally agree! There are way too many My Points emails, they fill up my inbox and it takes forever to get to my good and or personal emails!
Barbie
PS: I sure wish I was offered more Campaigns, especially one's that I actually wanted to join.....and I refuse to pay to join any campaign!

Current Campaigns: Promise Sure Shots for High Blood Pressure, Smuckers Uncrustables and 2009 Dodge Ram 1500
wtr27513
wtr27513
Bzzing
Bzzing

Number of posts : 64
Honeycomb : Level 6
Registration date : 2008-04-07

http://BzzAgent.com

Back to top Go down

Post by briteasafirefly Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:58 pm

I love them... they are such easy points!

little disappointed that they made the sherman travel one a little more difficult... I don't get the full 25 points unless I click on 3 of the different sites.

actually right now I'm a little bummed that I haven't gotten any emails in the past couple of days...well except for one that wasn't worth any points. now that i have the time to check them daily and not let them build up... of course i don't get any!
briteasafirefly
briteasafirefly

Number of posts : 625
Honeycomb : the doomed level 6
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by crystajewel Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:58 pm

i don't have time for all the points things but i guess that i should do more to get points but i have a 2 yr old and not enough time in a day

crystajewel
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 231
Honeycomb : busy bee
Registration date : 2008-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:39 pm

For those of you not likeing that your inbox gets filled with emails from MyPoints... why not open a junk email, like yahoo or gmail or hotmail? I use a gmail... strickly for junk stuff, subscriptions, surveys, etc... that way, it leaves my outlook express email open only for family and friends.

And as for Sherman Travel... haven't encoutered the having to click on 3 sites to get points. But also, only get the opportunity for 25 MP about once a month now... use to be more frequent.

I don't beleive I get more than 5-10 emails from my points on any given day. I'm fine with that... those 5 points do add up!
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:56 pm

It just occurred to me, I haven't gotten a bonus mail in weeks, maybe months. So I went and I AM still subscribed...I check my junk at least once or twice a day and nothing there either.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by kbaldwin53235 Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:32 pm

I turned off the MyPoints emails because they were driving me crazy on a daily basis. By doing that I forgot about MyPoints and did not accept 230 points that have now expired. I was able to turn MyPoints into a gift card for a place I frequent on a weekly basis. So they are a real perk and I will be trying to accumulate more in the near future.

kbaldwin53235
Larva
Larva

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by arny Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:16 pm

I hated them at first..but like others its an easy way to get points..I don't make purchases from their site and bzz hasn't given me many opportunities to earn points so this is a good way to keep building points.
arny
arny

Number of posts : 951
Honeycomb : Level 6 and 33 honeycombs and 0 keys
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:02 pm

arny wrote:I hated them at first..but like others its an easy way to get points..I don't make purchases from their site and bzz hasn't given me many opportunities to earn points so this is a good way to keep building points.

I don't shop thru them either -- well didn't. But a lot of what we buy online is not a store connected to MP.

But I did order some DS games and Webkins and stuff thru Target for my grandgirls early Dec and tomorrow I'll get 1428 MP for that purchase (they've been pending) Also got some for purchasing a Nordstrom Gift Card as a gift! Both of those purchases were double points in Dec.

There are times when I buy somethime online or DH does, and don't think about MP., the afterwards, look up the store and see, yup, would have got me points! Oh Well.

I'm on my way to within a couple hundred points of 2 more $25 restaurant gift cards... and so many of those points came from a 5 or 10 or 15 click one email from MP.

Like you, if I relied totally on points from BzzAgent, I'd have to leave the MPs behind in my will!
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by arny Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:05 pm

bizzeedee wrote:
arny wrote:I hated them at first..but like others its an easy way to get points..I don't make purchases from their site and bzz hasn't given me many opportunities to earn points so this is a good way to keep building points.

I don't shop thru them either -- well didn't. But a lot of what we buy online is not a store connected to MP.

But I did order some DS games and Webkins and stuff thru Target for my grandgirls early Dec and tomorrow I'll get 1428 MP for that purchase (they've been pending) Also got some for purchasing a Nordstrom Gift Card as a gift! Both of those purchases were double points in Dec.

There are times when I buy somethime online or DH does, and don't think about MP., the afterwards, look up the store and see, yup, would have got me points! Oh Well.

I'm on my way to within a couple hundred points of 2 more $25 restaurant gift cards... and so many of those points came from a 5 or 10 or 15 click one email from MP.

Like you, if I relied totally on points from BzzAgent, I'd have to leave the MPs behind in my will!
I find that ebates is a better way for me to earn cash back..and I don't trust my points to credit me with any purchases..I have had 2 purchased not credited in a timely manner..and truth be told I am not also diligent about keeping track of those purchases.

I waited 3 months for points to be credited to my acct..way to long..I would rather get the 5 points automatically credited and slowly get a GC, Very Happy
arny
arny

Number of posts : 951
Honeycomb : Level 6 and 33 honeycombs and 0 keys
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down