Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Grandmother is in the hospital Not so good update NP.

+10
crystajewel
valerie
Rebecca1340
Lori
thebigscott
edbson
chelle
tara
BuzzNut
aurora04
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

My Grandmother is in the hospital Not so good update NP. - Page 2 Empty Re: My Grandmother is in the hospital Not so good update NP.

Post by Rebecca1340 Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:38 pm

Hope you get some answers soon!
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

My Grandmother is in the hospital Not so good update NP. - Page 2 Empty Re: My Grandmother is in the hospital Not so good update NP.

Post by thebigscott Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:32 pm

My Grandmother is in the hospital Not so good update NP. - Page 2 820607 I'm so sorry. I would just take the kids with me. I understand entirely about them being a comfort and I think it might also help them to see how family comes together and supports each other in hard times.
thebigscott
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by aurora04 Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:20 am

Thanks everyone! DH doesn't want the kids around at all. He wants to protect them from this. His reasons are because they have only met Grandma a handful of times. It's not like they will remember her. If she has already passed by the time we get to go, I'm still not sure what to do. I don't want them at the wakes. It's not like I know people that can watch them in Antigonish. Everyone I know is family and will be there as well. Zach is too shy to be watched by someone he doesn't know. If she hasn't passed when we go up, I still don't really want them up there. Apparently she's still unresponsive (I'm assuming unconscious), so I really don't want them to see that. I know that will really upset Ceilidh. I really don't think this will bring the family together. I have a feeling this will get ugly, and that I don't want my kids around. I'm hoping I am wrong, but there were even fights at my Aunt Lena's funeral a couple years ago. My father will stay out of it (always has), but I know other family members won't. They have been fighting for YEARS and have been fighting for a while about Grandma's will (yes while she is still alive) because 2 Aunts were trying to "trick" Grandma into taking my father off as one of the executors and to change the will so that the siblings they are fighting with will get nothing, or else everything goes to charity. They might make an effort to put on a charade, but that won't last long.

Thanks again everyone for the thoughts and prayers. I'll keep you updated.
aurora04
aurora04
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 766
Honeycomb : Level 6, Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:45 am

Oh how awful! I wouldn't take them either if those are the circumstances. Hopefully you have someone at home who can keep them for the few days you'll be gone.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by aurora04 Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:15 am

Yeah. My MIL and FIL said they would watch them.

My father gets in tomorrow morning at 9:00AM so we all (minus the kids) will be going up to see her tomorrow morning if she makes it through the day and night. Her heart is weakening, so I'm hoping that she makes it until tomorrow at least (I know that's pretty selfish). I'll update again when I know more.

Thanks again everyone!
aurora04
aurora04

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:33 am

Good luck with everything, Dawn.
My Grandmother is in the hospital Not so good update NP. - Page 2 820607
I have to say - I really hope Grandma doesn't know about all the fighting going on around her about her money and property. Shame on them.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by aurora04 Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:48 pm

My Grandmother passed away tonight. I probably won't be going up now until arrangements have been made, but I'll know for sure tomorrow when I speak to my mother again. She'll be going up with my father regardless tomorrow now (so will my sister that lives at home). When my mother called, she wasn't able to get a hold of my father. They figure he had just boarded the plane in Toronto. Now he won't find out until he lands in Halifax at midnight. I know she is now re-united with her husband (he passed away when my father was 4 and never re-married), and 3 of her kids. She lived a healthy 92 years

Thanks again everyone for all the prayers and positive thoughts.
aurora04
aurora04

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:05 pm

My Grandmother is in the hospital Not so good update NP. - Page 2 820607 I'm so sorry Dawn.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by trax Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:20 pm

Dawn, I am so sorry for your loss.

"The diamonds will be shining
no longer in the rough"
John Prine
trax
trax

Number of posts : 1470
Honeycomb : In Hold Mode - Level 6
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:32 pm

My Grandmother is in the hospital Not so good update NP. - Page 2 820607 I am so sorry for you, because I know you will miss her. But I too believe that she is reunited with loved ones and in a good and happy place. For her, I will be happy as well as sad.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Momto3 Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:40 am

My Grandmother is in the hospital Not so good update NP. - Page 2 820607 I'm sorry about your loss.

Momto3
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by valerie Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:18 am

I am so sorry.
valerie
valerie

Number of posts : 680
Honeycomb : Level 6 Finally there!!
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:40 am

Sorry to hear about your loss.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:44 am

I am sorry to hear of her passing, but she is reunited with those who have gone before, and I am sure she is smiling down on you.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,

Back to top Go down

Post by BuzzNut Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:19 am

I'm sorry for your loss.
BuzzNut
BuzzNut

Number of posts : 1737
Honeycomb : Level 6 ....the endless doom
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:15 pm

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. My sincerest condolences to you and your family. My Grandmother is in the hospital Not so good update NP. - Page 2 820607
KellyM
KellyM

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by aurora04 Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:56 pm

Thanks everyone! It looks like we are now going up to Antigonish tomorrow just to get together. It looks like most of the arrangements have already been made by assuming the Aunt that she lived with and an Uncle that lives close by. Since tomorrow is just a get together, we will be bringing the kids with us to that.

Thanks again everyone.
aurora04
aurora04

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:47 pm

dawn, I am so very sorry. ((((HUGS))))
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2