Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my update

+2
chelle
edbson
6 posters

Go down

my update Empty my update

Post by edbson Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:16 pm

ok, I finally have internet. and I posted this last night, but not sure where it went.
We are living in our travel trailer in our lot, moving it next weekend to have some work done. We will be demolishing our house soon, it is a total loss, especially since we found the "first" water line, in the attic. Apparently the 5 foot line was where the water settled for a few days after the surge. There was mud dripping from the ceilings, and we could not figure out where it came from....now we know.
We are lucky, we have a travel trailer, small, but will work. Some are still staying in tents, or their moldy homes.
Bay went back to school almost 2 weeks ago, and is settling in well. ALot of her friends are back in school, and some are even being picked up by busses in Jasper, at the Wal mart, a LONG way for a school bus to go.

We should start rebuilding in a few weeks , have to raise the foundation 2 feet i think......way better than the 11 feet we originally were told.
It will take a while but we will get back to normal....as normal as we can anyways.

I will post some pics later, they aren't working now for some odd reason
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

my update Empty Re: my update

Post by chelle Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:45 pm

oh erin, I am so glad that y'all are getting back on your feet. I know its the most awful thing.
And I wondered why I kept seeing Bridge City busses when I was in town!! Those poor babies. i thought it was bad that mine were on the bus from 6:15 till 7:45 and from 3: till 4:45.

OUr PTA is trying to come up with a fundraiser to give to y'alls PTA. But we will have to wait a month or so, all of our schools are in the process of or finishing up their fundraiesers, so our folks are tapped out.. Sad

We HOPE this comes to fruitition. dont tell noone yet, just incase extenuating (sp) circumstances killl the entire deal.. Sad

Our kids are already doing a penny drive. BUT it goes strait to the school. and we have already donated all of our extra school supply kits. We just hoped to do something more.
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:59 am

The update you posted is in BzzChat.
So is the insurance company treating you right now? I sure hope so!
Honey
Honey
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 1859
Honeycomb : 5
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:14 am

Chelle, that would be incredibly generous of your school to have a fundraiser for another district. I'm lucky enough that my kids are out of the fundraising phase of their schooling, but I remember how hard it is constantly asking friends and family to support various fundraisers. Your parents are troopers to be willing to have yet another one.

Erin, you thought you'd have to raise your foundation 11 feet? OMG, two feet would sound so good to me after that quote. I hope things go smoothly, but I can imagine that building crews are maxxed out right about now in your area.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:47 am

Ok.... time for another stupid off the wall question from Tara, lol. I watch a lot of PBS, and before I had my temper tantrum and got rid of satellite I watched a lot of DIY. Anyway they did a whole segment on rebuilding NO and the houses being so high off the ground was strange but kinda cool. Is that what you mean by raising the foundation? Kinda building on stilts? Do you guys have basements there? I remember my first trip to Flordia, I was absolutely amazed when I asked where the basement was and was told they were highly unusual there. I still don;t know why, just assumed the humidity and possible flooding were part of it.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:47 pm

Honey wrote:The update you posted is in BzzChat.
So is the insurance company treating you right now? I sure hope so!

I see that now, ust have been drunk or something....geez
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:55 pm

Erin, I was online when you posted the first one and I swear it was in Chit Chat when you put it up. Maybe Chelle is messing with you!
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:27 am

SHhhhhhhh karen... dont tell her! LOL

Tara, nope no basements here. not sure why. Cause only the gulf coast is wet. LOL I mean I could dig down 30 feet and not be in water. we just dont have them. We have dog trots.. LOL

and put our houses on peir and beams so we can stack stuff under them. and so our dogs have somewhere to sleep (under the house), and so you can shimmy under there and get to stuff like pipes. Plus, you aint lived till your dog has chased a skunk under your house, where it sprays. The memory sticks with you for weeks... LOL
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:37 pm

If we dug a basement it would quickly become an indoor pond, it would fill with water in minutes. I am only 7 feet above sea level, the house has to be 9 feet, so we will add 2 feet of dirt, and have a house on a slight rise.
We could, and some do build them on piers, beach houses mostly, or on the river, but they have to be 12 feet in the air, and I am not hauling my fat butt up stairs everyday......ain't happenin.
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down