Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What happened that was positive today?

+29
KellyM
bzzshell
Brea
bringthechaos
KaeLynn
JeepMom
edbson
Muggins
trax
eat_a_cookies
Connie
chelle
rikostan
Missy
Lori
MrsCuffs
Honey
bzzinalong
tara
Lucky
idatater46
Rebecca1340
Scar
kath
aurora04
Maggie
thebigscott
itsirC
brandiland73
33 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

What happened that was positive today? - Page 4 Empty Re: What happened that was positive today?

Post by idatater46 Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:18 pm

Positive for Monday:

Hubby was able to mow the entire lawn without stopping- first time in about 3 years. Guess those stent must be helping him.

Was able to complete all my planters for the yard.

And daughter brought me $100 she had borrowed.
idatater46
idatater46
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

What happened that was positive today? - Page 4 Empty Re: What happened that was positive today?

Post by Lucky Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:02 pm

Positive for the weekend....my son only broke one arm, and we managed to get out of ER in under 8 hours!
Lucky
Lucky
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 1488
Honeycomb : 6 infinity
Registration date : 2008-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:04 pm

Lucky wrote:Positive for the weekend....my son only broke one arm, and we managed to get out of ER in under 8 hours!

Oh man, only 1 arm? LOL I wouldn't want to know what a negative day entails, lol. Although 8 hours isn't really that bad....
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Scar Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:07 pm

idatater46 wrote:Positive for Monday:
And daughter brought me $100 she had borrowed.
So some kids DO pay back their parents...hmm I always thought that was just an Urban Legend.

Lucky,
Sorry to hear about your son is he ok now?

Positive for me:
The kids are in bed & not yelling Mommmmmyyyyy!!
Scar
Scar

Number of posts : 1135
Honeycomb : Honey-Freaking-Bee-Finally!
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:11 pm

Thanks, yeah doing better today, but may have to have surgery next week. Will know more if the ortho doc triage nurse ever returns a call to set up an appointment. Rolling Eyes
Lucky
Lucky

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:35 pm

Oh no Lucky! how did that happen?

hmmmm positive?

I got 12 more quarts of squash put up today.

I need to count them and see how much I like to have 208 quarts put up. That is my goal.
(thats 2 quarts per meal for 104 meals which would make twice a week till they start coming in next year.)

I also have a semi cleaned living room. And I have only threatened my kids with bodily injury 10-15 times today. depending on the kid.

And I got a REALLY cool diaper bag!! thanks edbson!
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:22 pm

Apparently he and his bike took a run for the curb, and the curb won. The positive is he still has his head, because he hadn't put his helmet on.
Lucky
Lucky

Back to top Go down

Post by bzzshell Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:32 pm

I don't want to jinx them but it looks like the Red Wings will win the Stanley Cup tonight.

and I managed to read a whole book while walking around in the pool today.
bzzshell
bzzshell
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 210
Honeycomb : level 6
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:24 pm

Positive? Well, the hubby got called in for 5 hours overtime for tonite. It's only bad because that meant I ate dinner alone and didn't get to see him. I am over it though, we were hoping for OT for him because we have plans coming up in a few weeks that we want to have more money for.

Another positive... well, I would have to say that my son is maybe fully potty trained... don't want to jinx it, but he has gone in the potty every time for a week now, with no messing of the bed at night! keep your fingers crossed!

Another positive is that a friend that I haven't talked to in ages has finally been able to contact me again, and we are making plans for her and her bf to come BBQ soon.
Missy
Missy

Number of posts : 2031
Honeycomb : Level 6- The Abyss
Registration date : 2008-04-25

http://www.cafemom.com/home/missmissy

Back to top Go down

Post by idatater46 Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:08 pm

Tuesday positive- kinda feels like Oprah's gratitude journal

Woke up and I was still among the land of the living! Sometimes that is about as positive as one can be.

Grandchild was able to find a job and one she wanted- is 16.

Tomatoe plants I planted are still living.
idatater46
idatater46

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:14 pm

My mom gave me 50 coke points which gives me only 60 points to go before I have enough points to get another Sephora egift cert.
KellyM
KellyM

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:20 pm

bzzshell wrote:I don't want to jinx them but it looks like the Red Wings will win the Stanley Cup tonight.

Oh man! That was you? LOL I have had a headache all day and I'm blaming ot on the Wings.

Positives (yes, plural!): Got tax rebate from U.S. Treasury today! Noticed my lilac tree is finally getting blooms on it - for the first time ever, I had just about given up on it! And a longstanding "situation" has settled itself. A very good day.

Last edited by thebutlerdidit on Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:26 pm

I got all the summer clothes pulled out of storage (and there are clothes for six people so that's a big deal) and sorted through some of them. We still have a lot to go through but I feel good that I got started and made good progress.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by brandiland73 Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:14 pm

My homemade brew was perfect.
brandiland73
brandiland73

Number of posts : 710
Honeycomb : Five....I think
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://home.comcast.net/~brandihampson/

Back to top Go down

Post by aurora04 Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:25 pm

I'm grasping at straws here needing to find a positive. LOL.

Picked DD up from preschool yesterday and she had a fever. Kept her home today since she still had a fever (plus I don't send her unless she's been 24 hours fever free). She threw up this morning as well. My washing machine is broken (it takes 4 hours to do a load of wash since the water just drips in) so I can't wash anything (and haven't been able to in 3 days). The positives. I think/hope DD threw up from drinking too much water too fast. She still has a fever but at least motrin knocks that out. FIL is on his way over to fix the washing machine. That's if he can make it through the mountain of dirty laundry/bed clothes to get to the bathroom. LOL.
aurora04
aurora04

Number of posts : 766
Honeycomb : Level 6, Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:33 pm

positive? she didn't throw up on clean clothes...

you have a FIL who can fix things, and will!

And you are a good mom who keeps her child home when she is ill.. and 24 hours fever free.....kudos!
kath
kath

Number of posts : 1338

http://mckaitsbooks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrlyte Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:54 pm

This is my last day of work for the week!

My brother will be married on Saturday.

I found a replacement shirt for the shirt we bought DH that we THOUGHT was Long Sleeved but turned out to be short sleeved!

All in all a good day!
Starrlyte
Starrlyte
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Number of posts : 349
Honeycomb : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:49 pm

Got the book I wanted to get my hunney for father's day!
Missy
Missy

Number of posts : 2031
Honeycomb : Level 6- The Abyss
Registration date : 2008-04-25

http://www.cafemom.com/home/missmissy

Back to top Go down

Post by aurora04 Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:02 pm

Kath - I would never dream of sending DD to preschool with a fever. I wouldn't want to make the teachers and or other kids sick with whatever she has. We will be keeping her home tomorrow as well, since she still had a fever as of lunch time. I'm thinking it's an ear infection, so at least that's not contagious. I was worried that it was a stomach bug and she since she had been at preschool with a fever (either the teachers didn't know, or they just didn't call us), I was thinking she probably infected the whole school with the stomach bug. I hate when she's fine in the morning then develops a fever (this is the second time it's happened) while at preschool. I don't want them thinking I'm giving her meds to get rid of the fever then sending her anyway (which I know a lot of people do).
aurora04
aurora04

Number of posts : 766
Honeycomb : Level 6, Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by brandiland73 Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:17 pm

I have a CVS secret shop....whoo hoo. Hockey is on TV and I am still breathing.
brandiland73
brandiland73

Number of posts : 710
Honeycomb : Five....I think
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://home.comcast.net/~brandihampson/

Back to top Go down

Post by Scar Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:45 pm

My daughter picked up her children at daycare. So I have a few minutes alone!
Scar
Scar

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:46 pm

The shutterfly books I ordered came today and are beautiful.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:06 pm

aurora04 wrote:Kath - I would never dream of sending DD to preschool with a fever. I wouldn't want to make the teachers and or other kids sick with whatever she has. We will be keeping her home tomorrow as well, since she still had a fever as of lunch time. I'm thinking it's an ear infection, so at least that's not contagious. I was worried that it was a stomach bug and she since she had been at preschool with a fever (either the teachers didn't know, or they just didn't call us), I was thinking she probably infected the whole school with the stomach bug. I hate when she's fine in the morning then develops a fever (this is the second time it's happened) while at preschool. I don't want them thinking I'm giving her meds to get rid of the fever then sending her anyway (which I know a lot of people do).

Aurora.. you have no idea... we have had parents bringing their kids to school straight from the ER or a hospital stay. They hold the bus and give meds.. so they last as long as possible. They refuse to answer the phone if our school calls..
Same goes for the day care where my neice works.. she has caught moms giving the tylenol in the parking lot.. and checked the kids as soon as they get in.. and sure enough.. they have fevers..Moms who have weeks off from work.. who only ever see their babies for a few hours a day.. but still bring them to day care on their weeks off so they can have time for themselves.
It baffles me.. I wanted to be with my kids.. oh well.. things change I guess?

it is so disturbing to me that the parents care so little for how their kids actually feel ... I know when I have a fever I feel terrible! Like broken glass...

sad

and seriously... I am so glad when I run into moms who have more empathy for their kids than that. Thank God for moms like you! It gives me hope~
kath
kath

Number of posts : 1338

http://mckaitsbooks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by idatater46 Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:03 pm

Thursday positives

Sun is out in its full glory! I shall savor it while it lasts. More rain predicted for this afternoon.

Grandchild won two outstanding employee awards this week and called to tell me so!! She is such a cutie- patootie!

Birds are singing, sun out- everything is right with my little world today!
idatater46
idatater46

Back to top Go down

Post by Scar Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:10 pm

I got a temporary crown & it didn't hurt too bad.
Scar
Scar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next