Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What happened that was positive today?

+29
KellyM
bzzshell
Brea
bringthechaos
KaeLynn
JeepMom
edbson
Muggins
trax
eat_a_cookies
Connie
chelle
rikostan
Missy
Lori
MrsCuffs
Honey
bzzinalong
tara
Lucky
idatater46
Rebecca1340
Scar
kath
aurora04
Maggie
thebigscott
itsirC
brandiland73
33 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

What happened that was positive today? - Page 5 Empty Re: What happened that was positive today?

Post by Missy Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:23 pm

kath wrote:
aurora04 wrote:Kath - I would never dream of sending DD to preschool with a fever. I wouldn't want to make the teachers and or other kids sick with whatever she has. We will be keeping her home tomorrow as well, since she still had a fever as of lunch time. I'm thinking it's an ear infection, so at least that's not contagious. I was worried that it was a stomach bug and she since she had been at preschool with a fever (either the teachers didn't know, or they just didn't call us), I was thinking she probably infected the whole school with the stomach bug. I hate when she's fine in the morning then develops a fever (this is the second time it's happened) while at preschool. I don't want them thinking I'm giving her meds to get rid of the fever then sending her anyway (which I know a lot of people do).

Aurora.. you have no idea... we have had parents bringing their kids to school straight from the ER or a hospital stay. They hold the bus and give meds.. so they last as long as possible. They refuse to answer the phone if our school calls..
Same goes for the day care where my neice works.. she has caught moms giving the tylenol in the parking lot.. and checked the kids as soon as they get in.. and sure enough.. they have fevers..Moms who have weeks off from work.. who only ever see their babies for a few hours a day.. but still bring them to day care on their weeks off so they can have time for themselves.
It baffles me.. I wanted to be with my kids.. oh well.. things change I guess?

it is so disturbing to me that the parents care so little for how their kids actually feel ... I know when I have a fever I feel terrible! Like broken glass...

sad

and seriously... I am so glad when I run into moms who have more empathy for their kids than that. Thank God for moms like you! It gives me hope~

When I sent my son to daycare, I never sent him without knowing he was well. The only time I had to send him, I couldn't get out of where I had to go, but they were to call Gramma if he got worse (he was not contagious, just getting over an infection. DR okayed him to go to school).

And if I was off work, I would only bring him for a half day. I would shop and get the errands done so that I could get him and have him home by lunchtime. Sometimes he didn't even go to school if I was off work.

Last year was a bad year for my son with his health, he was getting sick so often. I was so glad that I was only working atemp job during that time, so I was able to get out of work and take care of him. Work from home when he was napping, etc..
Missy
Missy
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 2031
Honeycomb : Level 6- The Abyss
Registration date : 2008-04-25

http://www.cafemom.com/home/missmissy

Back to top Go down

What happened that was positive today? - Page 5 Empty Re: What happened that was positive today?

Post by kath Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:10 pm

believe me.. not all parents are like you....
it is a source of sleepless nights for me at times..
kath
kath

Number of posts : 1338
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://mckaitsbooks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by brandiland73 Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:14 pm

I went to CVS bought a boatload of stuff and actually made 7.00!!
brandiland73
brandiland73
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 710
Honeycomb : Five....I think
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://home.comcast.net/~brandihampson/

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:25 pm

I sold 3 dresses that my mom makes for little girls. (she made some for Rayley and others wanted some)

AND 2 GROWN women wanted a few dresses too. ?? way weird... But if they like Moo-moo's then woo-hoo!! Smile
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by aurora04 Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:34 pm

I bought 2 new dresses for myself today! We got a Power Park (inflatable/bouncy slide) rented for my son's birthday. My DD is now on abx, so she should hopefully be feeling better tomorrow. The Dr. Ok'ed her to go back to preschool on Monday as well! It was a very positive day!
aurora04
aurora04

Number of posts : 766
Honeycomb : Level 6, Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrlyte Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:22 am

I just love this thread!!! Just focusing on 5 things a day that you are grateful for can make such a difference, even when things seem out of control!!! Don't remember who started this thread, but thank you very much!!! I actually keep a gratitude journal, but I love to read the good in other people's lives too!
Starrlyte
Starrlyte
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Number of posts : 349
Honeycomb : 5
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by brandiland73 Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:51 am

I started it to keep things light and to remind all of us to focus on something positive. My lovely John brought me coffee and biscotti in bed. ahhhh
brandiland73
brandiland73

Back to top Go down

Post by idatater46 Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:41 pm

Positives in my Friday:

1. The sun is once again shining even though it is going to freeze tonight!

2. Hubby's Dr appointment went well after his heart attack.

3. Going to a friends 40 wedding anniversary part tonight.

4. Grandchild called me just to say "Have a good day Grandma."

5. Enough rhubarb from the garden again to make a huge cobbler for tonight. flower
idatater46
idatater46

Number of posts : 719

Back to top Go down

Post by brandiland73 Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:45 pm

I met my new coworkers for the job I start on monday, they took me to lunch, had a pt in the mail and John bought me a case of wine to celebrate.

Whooo Hooo - Happy Friday
brandiland73
brandiland73

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:51 pm

Yesterday, I was able to sort through winter clothes to be stored for next year and donated three large black trash bags full to goodwill (not in top notch condition, but all wearable for someone in need). I sorted through the summer clothes and found that Scott and Caly each had plenty in top notch condition, and Zoe and Quinn had enough for now (I don't want to buy more because at almost 4 and almost 2, there's a chance they'll be in a bigger size by summer's end.) So that left me and Zaven. Both of us had lots of shirts, but needed shorts. So we went shopping and spent only about $100, but are mostly set. The only thing I have left to buy that we need is sports bras for Caly. She had several shirts that are a bit low cut, but would be fine with a sports bra or tank top underneath. She decided against tank tops because the summers here are too hot for layers.

And to make up for the freak out that was our house during the sorting, Scott took me out to dinner at a nice local vinyard. I hardly ever drink, but I needed one last night. Dinner was delicious, and the wine was even better. What happened that was positive today? - Page 5 439161

Today, Scott went to Wal-mart and the TV we'd been saving up for was marked down an extra $200. So he got it. Our old TV died a few months ago, and we'd looked into repairs, but they would be nearly half the cost of a new one, and there was no guarantee on either the work or the parts. So we've been TV shopping. We kept putting it off hoping for a sale and it's paid off. We've been watching a small one that a friend was going to throw out because it's picture is fuzzy for the first 15 minutes after you turn it on. I'll be donating that one to goodwill once we get this one hooked up. AND I went to a yard sale and bought a used DVD player (again ours broke recently) for $2! No remote, but I have this fancy one that works all with all kinds of machines, LOL!
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:29 pm

Nice sale Karen!
I made enough money to buy hubby new brakes and (something else I don't remember, lol) for his bike in the yard sale today. Not quite enough to do the brakes and rotors on my car yet.... maybe tomorrow. If not oh well I'll be putting it on freecycle at the end of the night and I'll just be happy to be rid of the junk :0
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:48 pm

great job!

I had a bad day, but am looking at the positive that did come out.

Going to visit family tomarrow and I was able to pack all that we need into my son's backpack. That will make things easier because my Mom got in contact with me, and she bought my son a new booster seat for the car and she has a bag of clothes for him and coupons for me.

Since we are taking a train, the small backpack helps out with coming home with the new goods.
Missy
Missy

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:03 am

I planted my new rose bush.. It is a Joseph's coat of many colors rose.. and it is gorgeous!

This gives me 5 rose bushes.. all different..

I finished my garden work before 6 am...

showered and bought myself an iced hazelnut coffee

so far so good..
kath
kath

Number of posts : 1338

http://mckaitsbooks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:24 pm

5 things ??

really??

well crap

I didnt loose my stroller

My kids are not sick

I only had 4 loads of laundry to do

Bow wont take no for an answer but still thinks I am the best thing since sliced bread

BR made it home safe from work this morning
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:28 pm

1. We got a LOT of progress done on getting the house clean for the party.

2. We will have a clean house after the party since we're doing almost everything outside.

3. Scott hung up a pulley clothesline this year (I asked for it) and it's SO much easier to do since I don't have to carry a heavy basket of clothes all over the yard to hang them.

4. We got all our shopping for the party done except for the ice cream. I'm waiting on that because I need to clear out a spot in the freezer.

5. Quinn started speaking Spanish (learned from Go, Diego, Go!). Zoe gave him something and he said gracias then later he gave her something and when she said gracias, he said de nada.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by idatater46 Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:32 am

Tuesday Positives
1.Its not Monday and we know what Bzz did to us.

2. Its raining- I am trying to say thanks for the lovely moisture.- means I save on the water bill.

3. Getting my teethy cleaned today!
idatater46
idatater46

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:14 am

~I woke up to puppies barking, but no messes to clean up Very Happy

~ Capital One reversed my $29 late fee because I had just forgotten and it was the first time that had ever happened.

~ Tory has been home to help me and was able to get my inhaler when I had that asthma attack yesterday

~ my back is feeling better so far today

~ all six dogs are alseep, as well as my daughter Sleep Ahhh peace and quiet, well except for the snoring Lil is doing lol!
Honey
Honey

Number of posts : 1859
Honeycomb : 5
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:33 pm

I got breakfast cooked for me this morning...

Tim was happy with a book i had ordered for him. he got it early (father's day gift) because he was going to donate blood today and that meant sitting in the office and waiting, since he went straight after work. So he needed something to read. I am glad that I picked out something that he will enjoy.

Timmy has been doing GREAT with the potty training. I don't want to pull the plug too soon and say he is no longer in training, but when he gets mad at night when the pull-ups come out of the closet, and he wants us to get rid of the small potty since he is a big boy to use the big potty. AND when he is excited to choose his own underwear, well.... I guess he's done with the training!! YAY!!

Timmy, also, one of the most pickiest eaters i know, ate all his pancakes this morning. It's not normally hard to get him to eat pancakes, but he didn't want that for breakfast and at first put up a fight. Until i told him he could have his peanut butter sandwich for lunch.

The day has just started, so I am sure there will be more!
Missy
Missy

Back to top Go down

Post by idatater46 Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:43 pm

Wednesday Positives
1. Payday- when you only get paid once a month- its a huge positive on Payday

2. Hubby took me to lunch at Wingers- love the sticky chicken fingers.

3. Teaching a grandchild how to crochet and she has caught on to it quickly.
idatater46
idatater46

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:07 pm

Today...

Hunny came home straight from work and we watched a movie together.

He let me take a nap (I have been feeling very fatigued lately)

We went and got some food for the house, and Timmy was very well behaved the whole time we were out.

My friend had a baby yesterday and though things started out bad, they got better! 7 lbs, 11 oz and 21.5 inches!

My best friend called to confirm her coming over on Saturday to BBQ. Also informed me that her and her bf had bought my son his bday gift already and since it's a BIKE! she wants to give it to him this weekend so that he can enjoy it before the summer ends.

I heard from an aunt I haven't talked to in over a year. Good to know that she is okay.

Put up the window a/c unit and have never felt cooler... aahh...
Missy
Missy

Back to top Go down

Post by idatater46 Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:36 pm

Thursday Positives
1. Old friends called to say hello.

2. Went antiquing.

3. Sun did shine for a bit today- before the wind and clouds.

4. Got an early B'day present in the mail from a daughter!
idatater46
idatater46

Back to top Go down

Post by JeepMom Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:39 pm

I posted in my whoo hoo thread, good day today indeed!
JeepMom
JeepMom
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 267
Honeycomb : Level 6 SweetBee
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Jezzelle Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:24 am

I spoke to an old friend today and made a new one I love you
Jezzelle
Jezzelle
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2008-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:53 am

I finally got caught up reading all the threads I missed this week!
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:45 am

Well I have two sick kids. Since the third is coming, I will soon have three sick babies. The good news? (and I am almost afraid to type it) so far there has been NO vomit involved. Just fevers and lots of crying and whining. Oh and absolutely no sleep- for me- hubby slept like a baby. grrr
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next