Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you doing today?

+13
Honey
edbson
brandiland73
Lori
chelle
idatater46
bzzinalong
thebigscott
Missy
Rebecca1340
Scarlett
kath
bizzeedee
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What are you doing today? Empty What are you doing today?

Post by bizzeedee Sun May 04, 2008 11:57 am

Day two of weeds for me. After our big rain, they're coming out pretty easily, and those 2 ft tall wild onions just pop out with a yank!

But before that, will go on my 3.5 mile hike around the hood.

Today is looking good. Hope yours is too.
bizzeedee
bizzeedee
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

What are you doing today? Empty Re: What are you doing today?

Post by kath Sun May 04, 2008 1:02 pm

Washing, ironing a little..

tossing Duncans stuff into a tote.. his medical records and his meds...

going to bathe and trim him, and then put on his new collar..

making chicken poached in white wine, and fafalle with cottage cheese and a few other things...

reading..

gathering all my chargers... and updating Garmin!
kath
kath

Number of posts : 1338

http://mckaitsbooks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlett Sun May 04, 2008 1:03 pm

Laundry/vacuuming/dusting/cleaning bathrooms.

Have to get to the grocery store at some point.. might just send hubby. Got some yard work to do too which I might just assign to the hubby and kids.

Only about 3 weeks of school left here...
Scarlett
Scarlett
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2008-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Sun May 04, 2008 3:33 pm

I definately didn't get enough sleep this weekend so I won't be doing much today!
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Sun May 04, 2008 3:37 pm

Took my son to the park this a.m. Went and did a load of laundry. Stopped in store a quick second to get pull-ups and bread. Came home, ate some spaghetti. Now just gonna releax, but run back to store. Forgot milk! lol

Gonna clean later though. Just need to vacuum though.
Missy
Missy

Number of posts : 2031
Honeycomb : Level 6- The Abyss
Registration date : 2008-04-25

http://www.cafemom.com/home/missmissy

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sun May 04, 2008 3:40 pm

Scarlett wrote:Laundry/vacuuming/dusting/cleaning bathrooms.

Have to get to the grocery store at some point.. might just send hubby. Got some yard work to do too which I might just assign to the hubby and kids.

Only about 3 weeks of school left here...

Scarlett and I have the exact same day planned! I just got back from the grocery shopping, and am trying to work up the nerve for What are you doing today? 632338 What are you doing today? 337515 What are you doing today? 545780
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bzzinalong Sun May 04, 2008 3:42 pm

I just got back from grocery shopping. And I had to go to Best Buy and get my daughter and hubby the mario cart wii game. So now they are playing it and I'm going to enjoy being left alone for a little while..lol Smile
bzzinalong
bzzinalong
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 257
Honeycomb : Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Sun May 04, 2008 4:10 pm

The 2nd phase of my day is about to begin. Nuf weeding for one day (probably a minimum of 4 more to go --- it's a huge garden area that fills with wild onions and weeds every spring)

Going to go saute some chicken breasts, pour some Campbells cream of chicken soup over it, and let it cook and cook and cook. Mashed taters coming from the freezer (ya know, I froze baggies of them after Easter because I had so much left over, and they actually heat/re-cook very nicely). Maybe make some apple salad and call that dinner.

Poor Chuck has broken out in a horrendous cold (being around 25 kids last weekend at the family reunion, the odds are that one of them had a cold or germ)... so I told him to rest and I'd fix supper tonight.

He's very appreciative cause I don't make dinners but a couple of times a month, at most. Well unless you call "choosing the restaurant" making dinner Laughing
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by idatater46 Sun May 04, 2008 5:22 pm

Just got back from 3 hour church service and hubby (hes a gem) is fixing supper. Sun is shining today so maybe, just maybe Spring is coming to Idaho. Has been too cold at night to plant a garden yet- the garening bug has bitten me very hard. bizzeedee, I think choosing a restaurant is making dinner- at least in our home.
idatater46
idatater46

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Sun May 04, 2008 5:29 pm

idatater46 wrote:Just got back from 3 hour church service and hubby (hes a gem) is fixing supper. Sun is shining today so maybe, just maybe Spring is coming to Idaho. Has been too cold at night to plant a garden yet- the garening bug has bitten me very hard. bizzeedee, I think choosing a restaurant is making dinner- at least in our home.

thanks for your vote! I'll mention that to Chuck the next time he asks if I want to cook and I suggest O'Charley's ! Very Happy

My gosh, a 3 hour church service? Was a special day or is that normal?

As for gardening, here in southern KY, it's best to get as much done before mid-June... because from there on it, it can be so cruely hot and humid that the idea of working outside sucks. It's been barely 70 the last couple of days (with several more ahead), no humidity, clear sky, and just a joy to be sitting out on my little garden stool pulling weeds and saying hello to all the plants that have done me the honor of returning this year.. even thou they are constantantly being threatened by our resident mole or some nasty weeds!

But soon, even in ID, spring/summer will come, and I'm guessing the summers are a lot more pleasant than down this way!
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Sun May 04, 2008 5:58 pm

Tell Chuck he has my sympathy.
kath
kath

Number of posts : 1338

http://mckaitsbooks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Sun May 04, 2008 7:02 pm

I went to my Mother in laws house, picked up my kids and bragged about last night. We BBQ'd chicken and I sent DAH off to work Smile

I am now sitting here ridin herd on 4 kids and 2 dogs and a spastic cat.

I need a vacation Smile LOL
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Sun May 04, 2008 7:06 pm

kath wrote:Tell Chuck he has my sympathy.

you ought to see our kitchen table, Kath, there are more bottles of herbs and remedies that I can count! He's trying them all... and tonight, he asked for a new box of kleenex to keep by the couch as he goes thru one every 10 minutes... he even had to cancel going to the Democratic Women's Club (which we are members) tomorrow night for a meeting and dinner out. When he cancels a dinner out, you can bet he's feeling crappy. Fortunately, there's enough chicken & potatoes left from tonight that he'll have supper at home, alone Embarassed
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Sun May 04, 2008 7:18 pm

sorry gals, but I've got to scram... I'm about 15 minutes late heading our for my evening walk (no, at night I don't walk 3.5, just 1.5 or 2 and at the rate I'm going, I'll be lucky to make 1.25). Cold Case at 7, Desparate Housewives at 8 and Sisters & Brothers at 9...boy, my night for TV !

See ya all tomorrow, night, Dee
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Sun May 04, 2008 7:38 pm

Today was a beautiful day to get out in the woods for a combination of mushrooming (for morels) and Geocaching. All of the morels we found (about a dozen) were less than a tenth of a mile from home. We found loads of false morels when we went hunting out in the woods. We picked them anyhow because they were enormous and we just couldn't stop ourselves.

We found 5 geocaches, too. A good day and we'll sleep good tonight. There is a 2 hour Dexter finale on tonight so we may have to fire up the DVR.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Sun May 04, 2008 8:10 pm

thebutlerdidit wrote:Today was a beautiful day to get out in the woods for a combination of mushrooming (for morels) and Geocaching. All of the morels we found (about a dozen) were less than a tenth of a mile from home. We found loads of false morels when we went hunting out in the woods. We picked them anyhow because they were enormous and we just couldn't stop ourselves.

We found 5 geocaches, too. A good day and we'll sleep good tonight. There is a 2 hour Dexter finale on tonight so we may have to fire up the DVR.

I remember morels in our woods in MI... but what's a geocaches?
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Sun May 04, 2008 8:28 pm

Geocaching is where you use a GPS device to find a place using specific coordinates and then when you get to the general area you look for a hidden cache. It could be inside anything from a military-type secure container to a Tupperware container to a little magnetic key container. Might be up in a tree, in a hollow log, under a pile of brush...You generally find a log book and pen or pencil inside to write your team name and the date that you found the cache.

Quite often you trade items in the cache, too. Today for example I chose a groovy plastic ring (still wearing it), a keyfob with those little square plastic beads on it that spells out "US YOOPERS", and a Hackey-sack. Things we left were a laminated Guardian Angel prayer card (I had it in my wallet and the cache was started and maintained by the congregation of a church that the cache was near), a "Travel Bug", and a Ty Beanie Baby. I know, a Beanie Baby sounds like a little much, but we had originally got it from a different cache and this one was maintained by a girl scout so we thought we'd leave it in that one.

It's fun and it has a big following.

Last edited by thebutlerdidit on Sun May 04, 2008 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by idatater46 Sun May 04, 2008 8:30 pm

Sounds like fun. I am just doing another mundane chore- baking cookies for the family.
idatater46
idatater46

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Sun May 04, 2008 8:35 pm

Lori, is this a NEW dexter? I didnt know it was back on?? I have missed the whole season??

OR is this on CBS? the one they picked up with the strike? I watched it on showtime.

Am I missing it??
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by brandiland73 Sun May 04, 2008 8:43 pm

Hey - I am a yooper! Geocaching never did it but sounds fun. Really miss the mushrooms!

I thought we could save some money. Yeah right. Our screened in patio - lets say the previous owner painted the concrete floor about 1000 times - yes an exaggeration but we started stripping this thing. and stripping and stripping and let me tell you still no concrete. 1 day and 12 hours later we have given up and are tiling the darn floor after spending over 100 dollars on stripper and tools. Needless to say if given the option DO NOT paint your floor.
brandiland73
brandiland73

Number of posts : 710
Honeycomb : Five....I think
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://home.comcast.net/~brandihampson/

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sun May 04, 2008 9:00 pm

chelle wrote:Lori, is this a NEW dexter? I didnt know it was back on?? I have missed the whole season??

OR is this on CBS? the one they picked up with the strike? I watched it on showtime.

Am I missing it??

First season finale on CBS. I watch on Showtime when I get the free previews so I already saw it.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Sun May 04, 2008 9:31 pm

thebutlerdidit wrote:Geocaching is where you use a GPS device to find a place using specific coordinates and then when you get to the general area you look for a hidden cache. It could be inside anything from a military-type secure container to a Tupperware container to a little magnetic key container. Might be up in a tree, in a hollow log, under a pile of brush...You generally find a log book and pen or pencil inside to write your team name and the date that you found the cache.

Quite often you trade items in the cache, too. Today for example I chose a groovy plastic ring (still wearing it), a keyfob with those little square plastic beads on it that spells out "US YOOPERS", and a Hackey-sack. Things we left were a laminated Guardian Angel prayer card (I had it in my wallet and the cache was started and maintained by the congregation of a church that the cache was near), a "Travel Bug", and a Ty Beanie Baby. I know, a Beanie Baby sounds like a little much, but we had originally got it from a different cache and this one was maintained by a girl scout so we thought we'd leave it in that one.

It's fun and it has a big following.
what a fun time ... sort of like a treasure hunt, yeah? and it gets you outside, moving around, "searching" just like a detective. Just too cool. But still never heard of it.
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Mon May 05, 2008 6:58 am

Sorry to panic you Chelle! We don't get Showtime but we rented Season 1 from our local video store. So we had already seen the finale uncut but we're watching it on CBS again. I'm waiting for Season 2 to be realeased on video so I can snag it. I just need to know what happens. I was reading reviews on Amazon and inadvertently spoiled myself so stopped looking at them.

Dee, you would be surprised how many caches are hidden. People who geocache try to go into stealth mode when hunting. It's not cool to alert "muggles" (people who don't geocache) of the whereabouts of a cache.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Mon May 05, 2008 1:14 pm

LOL DD walked by and said "MOM, Muggles are people who are not born a Wizard"......big harry potter fan here.

A friend of mine does geocaching, and tries to get me to do it too, but I would rather use my GPS to search out the best fishing spots............sigh
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by brandiland73 Mon May 05, 2008 1:15 pm

New house project for me...today I am painting my laundry room. Yes I lead a very boring life!!
brandiland73
brandiland73

Number of posts : 710
Honeycomb : Five....I think
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://home.comcast.net/~brandihampson/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next