Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What happened that was positive today?

+29
KellyM
bzzshell
Brea
bringthechaos
KaeLynn
JeepMom
edbson
Muggins
trax
eat_a_cookies
Connie
chelle
rikostan
Missy
Lori
MrsCuffs
Honey
bzzinalong
tara
Lucky
idatater46
Rebecca1340
Scar
kath
aurora04
Maggie
thebigscott
itsirC
brandiland73
33 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

What happened that was positive today? - Page 2 Empty Re: What happened that was positive today?

Post by Lori Fri May 23, 2008 2:07 pm

Kath your kitty is very pretty. I'm so jealous of people who can just say yes to taking in a stray or a pet who needs a home. My flippin' family has too many allergies.

Positive - I got a call from the high school saying that my son was invited to go to Michigan Boys State in June. Now, I love my son to bits, but he is not the "leader" type who normally attends this sort of thing. He's very very shy and quiet and not especially social or bookish. I actually asked the school counselor if she was sure he was the one chosen. That might sound like a bad reaction, but my husband just started laughing when I called and told him, so I'm not the only one who's just a little stunned.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

What happened that was positive today? - Page 2 Empty Re: What happened that was positive today?

Post by Missy Fri May 23, 2008 2:33 pm

Positive today? Eh, I'll try to come back later.
Missy
Missy
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 2031
Honeycomb : Level 6- The Abyss
Registration date : 2008-04-25

http://www.cafemom.com/home/missmissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Fri May 23, 2008 3:25 pm

Okay, here is something! My morning started out really bad, but as that fades and the afternoon rolls in, my day is getting better.

Neighbors are going to have friends over and BBQ (perfect bzz opportunity) and since we are close with the neighbors, we will be there. I was able to invite over a friend I haven't seen in over 5-6 years. She will be in the next town over and she has been dieing to meet my son. Another bzz opp!

Will be going shopping with the neighbor, and since the hubby will stay home with my son, it will be just the girls grocery shopping. I haven't been anywhere with someone else without my son in YEARS, so even though it is just getting groceries, this will be good.
Missy
Missy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Fri May 23, 2008 3:33 pm

Ahhh, freedom! Nice escape for you!
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Fri May 23, 2008 5:17 pm

Oh yeah, freedom is a rarity in my life, but I am not complaining. I LOVE my son. He is my heart, my world, my life. But I know I need time away from him for us both to be sane. lol

But more good news, my hubby and I have been talking about getting a lazyboy for the LR and so, since craigslist has been good to me lately, more so than freecycle, I went looking there. Well, first post was a lazyboy that just happened to match our LR decor! And cheap enough to afford, and pictures show it in good condition. Plus, the person is gonna deliver it to us this evening. I scored!

But even better is that on freecycle, I found a post about a plastic table and chair set for kids. I wanted to get one for my son to color and draw on, so I sent a message and kept my fingers crossed. I usually miss out, but not this time. But, unfortunately we found out the person lives a little further than my car can travel at this time... Until we figured out that her husband will take it when he comes down the street for a DR appt. Double score!

Maybe I should pick up some lotto tickets tonite..??
Missy
Missy

Back to top Go down

Post by rikostan Fri May 23, 2008 5:46 pm

It's a four day weekend,. so that's a huge plus. I haven't seen my kids all week thanks to my working hours, but we are spending time together right now, that's a HUGE positive.

Oh and we have a great weekend planned.... granted that didn't occur today, but it is still making the day brighter.
rikostan
rikostan
Worker Bee
Worker Bee

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-05-23

http://rikostan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Fri May 23, 2008 6:09 pm

get the tickets!
kath
kath

Number of posts : 1338
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://mckaitsbooks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Fri May 23, 2008 6:18 pm

TARA!! COngrats!!!
Please PM me and tell me how you did it!! I am starting to get desperate on groceries. LOL

Of course, I cant double coupons. walmart doesnt do that. Sad
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Fri May 23, 2008 6:29 pm

Today is my last work day for a month...

I went out to lunch with friends during the day

I am going to take my pregnant neice out for breakfast tomorrow to celebrate her newly announced pregnancy...and I will buy her a book...The "what to Expect" book

Good stuff!
kath
kath

Back to top Go down

Post by Connie Fri May 23, 2008 7:25 pm

Great question and timing.. I am feeling REALLY burned out right now...

What was positive? Hmmm I had a taco salad for dinner... well no that wasn't positive I put too much hot sauce on it and it burned my tongue.. I dyed my hair... nope that wasn't positive either, it turned out too red... Got it! I was almost overdrawn so went to get my check from the golf course and checked the mail on the way.. There was a check for $45 so I ended up not being broke! Wink
Connie
Connie
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://www.katieshugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky Fri May 23, 2008 8:02 pm

kath wrote:Today is my last work day for a month...

I went out to lunch with friends during the day

I am going to take my pregnant neice out for breakfast tomorrow to celebrate her newly announced pregnancy...and I will buy her a book...The "what to Expect" book

Good stuff!

They are supposed to have a good website also. I think it is whattoexpect.com
Lucky
Lucky

Number of posts : 1488
Honeycomb : 6 infinity
Registration date : 2008-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Fri May 23, 2008 8:03 pm

Thanks Lucky
kath
kath

Back to top Go down

Post by idatater46 Fri May 23, 2008 8:08 pm

We have 4 movies to watch- is that a positive? Also got all flowers to the cemetery and placed - I guess that's a positive. Went to a grand opening of a new store in the area- that was fun. See, I am trying to find the positive in all this.
idatater46
idatater46

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Fri May 23, 2008 8:53 pm

Beautiful gorgeous day today. Warm and breezy and the air felt soft.

Kids finished school, and I took them out for ice creams. They're in the yard burning their school papers in a bonfire right now. (Scott is with them.) And Scott and I went out for dinner alone and talked and visited with no one screaming or crying, LOL. So nice to get to talk to him and not just run from one thing to the other.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by eat_a_cookies Fri May 23, 2008 10:44 pm

I took a walk with my daughter, and she was really good.

Then we came home, and I had this AWESOME sandwich. It was Muenster cheese, white American cheese, roast beef, turkey, prosciutto, and salami on dark German wheat bread with spicy mustard. And two really ripe, yummy peaches.
eat_a_cookies
eat_a_cookies
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by trax Fri May 23, 2008 11:22 pm

I received a telephone call from WalMart today because I emailed them and complained about a brand of icing they are selling. I purchased three tubs of icing recently because I was volunteering baking for our local community. Today, the representative called back, we had such a fun conversation. I explained to her I was preparing baking for our community bake sale, used the *Good Value* icing only to find it was trash. It was of no value. The icing had no consistency, it ran everywhere, all over the cupcake paper liners, one heck of a mess. I had to travel 20 miles down the road to the general store to get more icing. Good icing, not the Walmart Brand, the Betty Crocker/Duncan Hines brand. Long story, short - I will be receiving gift cards from Walmart. Their customer service is excellent - even for those that live on the side of a mountain and get to go to a Walmart once a year!
trax
trax

Number of posts : 1470
Honeycomb : In Hold Mode - Level 6
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Sat May 24, 2008 6:24 pm

positive..

BR is home today. oh wait.. scratch that.. he is mad because sometime in the last 6 months I moved the weed eater strings off the kitchen bar.

the kids are home and enjoying life. oh wait, scratch that, they are wrassilin in the floor, runnin in and out and havent learned the art of turning a knob so they are making the house 100 degrees at last count I have gotten up 17 times to shut the door. and they are back in 3 minutes later.

Bow is in a good mood and climbin on everything. nope again, not good. I have had to rescue him 5 times from a major danger. and the kids wont let him nap.

Its beautiful and sunny outside. oh that means its 97 degree's.. and BR wants to wash his 18 wheeler.

oh and everytime I get on the computer to do my surveys BR wants me to watch something on TV, needs something he cant find, or wants to know why I am not eating what he cooked for lunch. (I am not real big on BBQ. he knows this. )

Oh and I am REALLY grumpy. REALLY grumpy.
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggie Sat May 24, 2008 6:34 pm

Aww sorry to hear that Chelle..

Well I got a $20 check from MySurvey today!
Maggie
Maggie

Number of posts : 1181
Honeycomb : Level 6, 1 Golden Key
Registration date : 2008-03-22

http://moneyandfreebies.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Sat May 24, 2008 9:25 pm

Connie wrote:Great question and timing.. I am feeling REALLY burned out right now...

What was positive? Hmmm I had a taco salad for dinner... well no that wasn't positive I put too much hot sauce on it and it burned my tongue.. I dyed my hair... nope that wasn't positive either, it turned out too red... Got it! I was almost overdrawn so went to get my check from the golf course and checked the mail on the way.. There was a check for $45 so I ended up not being broke! Wink

not being broke is good news! Smile
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Muggins Sun May 25, 2008 12:50 am

kath wrote:Last day of school with kids..tomorrow we put the classroom to bed...till the summer session in for weeks.. for 4 weeks then off for 4 weeks

I adopted a cat

What happened that was positive today? - Page 2 PA345.10890665-1-x

her name is emmie, and she will be 3 in august..

Kath, she's absolutely beautiful ............ congratulations to her for finding such a terrific forever home!

For me ............ the guy that cuts my hair was in particularly good form today and I'm really happy with my hair for a change! And, I found $40 in the pocket of a coat I was taking to the cleaners (so I tucked it into my big green piggy bank to help top up my August [hopefully] vacation fund)!
Muggins
Muggins
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 249
Honeycomb : Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Sun May 25, 2008 3:07 am

Let me see... today... cleaned the house and felt better cause I have some things to donate.

Went grocery shopping with the fiance and son and filled up the fridge and cabinets, always a good thing.

Watched the Grindhouse movies with my hunney, and since he was tired from a long work week, I wanted to stop here and see how the members here were doing before I join him. Smile
Missy
Missy

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Sun May 25, 2008 12:13 pm

today

I fixed my internet connection and put a new hard drive into my laptop.
AND I had an email from a long lost friend / high school teacher that I loved!!!!!!

so great!

AND I had a long long phone chat with a friend that I love so much.. we only get to talk once or twice a month.. she lives on the other side of the country...

wonderful day so far!
kath
kath

Back to top Go down

Post by brandiland73 Mon May 26, 2008 3:41 pm

Not feeling my sunburn anymore. between my satin pajamas all day, some red wine and LOTS of bag balm no more pain....
brandiland73
brandiland73

Number of posts : 710
Honeycomb : Five....I think
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://home.comcast.net/~brandihampson/

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Mon May 26, 2008 3:58 pm

I was able to get some time to blog, so I got to laugh about all the crap that has happened the last few days Smile
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Mon May 26, 2008 5:14 pm

I helped Dh paint his new shed( aka big ass building), that is not the positive part since I hate painting. The positive part is that he got the paint on clearance at Home Depot, paint someone had mixed and then didn't like.......it is called "Intimate white", intimate white = PINK, light pink, but pink still. He is swearing it is not pink, but white, and I am telling everyone he painted his shed pink.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next