Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's Talk Disney World! Any advice?

+4
thebigscott
Lori
kath
Ender5803
8 posters

Go down

Let's Talk Disney World! Any advice? Empty Let's Talk Disney World! Any advice?

Post by Ender5803 Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:21 am

So I'm goin with my three year old who is actually more like four. She is so into it all. We are staying at the floridian on Disney in April. I am looking for words of wisdom here ladies.
This is our first trip as a family and I must admit i'm beyond excited. bounce
Ender5803
Ender5803
In Need of a 12 Step Program
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 548
Honeycomb : Level 6 to infinity and beyond...
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Let's Talk Disney World! Any advice? Empty Re: Let's Talk Disney World! Any advice?

Post by kath Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:32 am

Have fun... wear sunscreen... tell us all about it?~

Sounds wonderful!

Very Happy
kath
kath
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 1338
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://mckaitsbooks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Let's Talk Disney World! Any advice? Empty Re: Let's Talk Disney World! Any advice?

Post by Lori Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:42 am

1. Pick up an Unofficial Guide to WDW - thelatest edition. THey go through each ride and they all get rated by different age groups as to appeal, fright factors, etc. It's full of little tips, too, like if a line splits they tell you to go to a certain side, the right I think. For psychological reasons most people go the other way. They are great books. Funny as heck to read.

2. Eat your main meal at off times, like around 2-3 and then graze for dinner. You'll sleep better for it, the dining establishments will still be charging lunch prices, and it'll be easier to get a table.

3. You can't make restaurant reservations too early. Now is good to get the times and places you want.

4. Don't bother renting a car. Use the Disney Transportation and relax!

5. We always hit the parks early at whichever park had early entry, took a break when we got tired and went back to the hotel to swim and relax, then had lunch at a different park and spent the rest of the day there.

You know your family the best so plan accordingly and have the time of your life! Your daughter is the perfect age to enjoy it.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:46 am

I haven't ever done Disney, but I have done oodles of family trips. My advice is to find some new toys or books for the trip there and back, and don't let her play with them except for in the car (or on the plane) so they'll be something that really grabs her attention. Also, snacks and drinks are a bigger deal on trips than the rest of the time. Too much sugar can be way too much on a long trip. We usually pack a lot of food that we can fix in the hotel room (sandwiches, light snacks, and we even bring a fry daddy to boil water in to make macaroni and cheese because who wants to pay $5 a plate for your kid to eat mac n' cheese). And be sure to bring a toy or two that's familiar and comfortable, but not irreplacable. You DON'T want to lose her favorite teddy bear hundreds of miles from home. Have fun, and tell us all about it when you get back.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:50 am

I have nothing to add except have a great time.... we are going next Feb... my daughter will be 4 and my son will be 18 months, so feel free to share any good advice when you get back, lol.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:05 am

Take pictures. Lots of them. And if you have a digital, please do share photos with us!
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:52 am

I have never been. My SIL went. She said the food was outragous. So I cringe at the thought. I am a tightwad. LOL If you are driving get a portable DVD player. and buy 2 new movies. so she will stay entertained. If you are not, its not a bad idea to have one for the hotel room or plane ride.

have fun!! I'd love to go.
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimmy2303 Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:29 am

How exciting! I live about an hour away and have a season pass...so much fun! You picked a decent time to visit, the crowds shouldn't be too horrible. I would definitely say try to eat outside of the park when possible. Grab a big breakfast before entering, eat a small lunch while there, and if starvation doesnt kick in..wait to eat dinner til you leave. If you don't want to go through the hassle of avoiding eating there, just prepare yourself for the initial shock. I'm sure you will have a GREAT time regardless. If you have any specific questions about the area..feel free to ask! Smile
Kimmy2303
Kimmy2303
Worker Bee
Worker Bee

Number of posts : 87

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down