Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEts play a new game. *** Karen's got one now! ***

+7
Rebecca1340
Lucky
bizzeedee
Lori
edbson
thebigscott
chelle
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

LEts play a new game. *** Karen's got one now! *** Empty LEts play a new game. *** Karen's got one now! ***

Post by chelle Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:54 am

Okay, I havent blogged in a while, Plan on doing it tomorrow. I am just tired.
Damn chantix is killing me.

BUT, I have a new game Smile

what did my kids bring home today?
we know about the buzzard, The hognose snakes last easter, and the spreading adder last week.

Here are a few hints.

I have a new chicken coop (although I am loosing chickens left and freaking right, damn hawks are KILLING me. And you cant shoot the damn things)

SO, I made a 'chicken run' it comes off the coop, is made from 6 foot wire, and is supposed to be impossible to get in.

There is deer netting on top (net with 1/2 inch holes)

I thought it was secure. Its a 15X6 foot enclosure. It comes off the coop by a door. Every night we close the door, secure the coop (which has ONE place where the chickens can get into the hog pen, which will be closed soon, BUT keeps contributing to my hawk problem)

Every morning, we open the coop to the run, This morning Matt went out to open the coop up, let the younger birds out of their cage and into the main coop and came running into the bathroom while BR was getting out of the shower and I was strait ironing my hair.

HEY MOM!! HEY DAD!!! LOOK WHAT I FOUND!!

and showed me a ________________________.

Now, it isnt a true threat, not like you and I would think. BUT upon his realeasing it, he was 'bit'. To which I laughed and told him he deserved it.

Right before BR left he went down to check on the chickens and pigs. Come to find out, Matt didnt even open the coop to the run, He locked it back, after he went out and snatched his prize.

It was around 6:30 am.

i would tell you that it didnt scare me, or startle me, BUT, after a snake, buzzard, various lizards, toads, scorpions ( that I finally showed them how to cut the stinger off of, since they insisted on playing with them) insects, etc, I am very seldom startled or scared, so that doesnt always help the guesser.

It is loved by some, hated by some, and enjoyed by many. From afar.

I honestly dont know a soul that has ever caught one that wasnt hurt. (but then again, who knows someone that can or would catch a buzzard?)

Its a ferocious entitiy, but a calming and enjoyable being.

It is indiginious (sp) to South East Texas. It was grown, and yes, each and every one of you has seen one. (at least on TV and you could recognize it in a heartbeat if shown a picture. )

***not a hint, but kinda one.... ****
And NO, it never crossed my mind to allow them to keep it as a pet.
And I have had some odd pets. A housepig, hermit crabs, have an underwater snake, a wild rabbit I rescued and raised on a bottle, chickens in my house, snails, crawfish (which reminds me.... I should feed him....), goats in my house, (up to 20 plus being bottle fed at one time), a deer, hamsters (which according to BR is just a rat with a fancy name...), and other things I have forgotten.
Most of these things I hopefully will never have in my house again. No guarentees, but with 4 kids I am just too buzy.

Last edited by chelle on Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

LEts play a new game. *** Karen's got one now! *** Empty Re: LEts play a new game. *** Karen's got one now! ***

Post by thebigscott Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:46 am

Oh no. I have no idea. A skunk? Everyone here would recognize a skunk and I don't think even you are crazy enough to want one for a pet.
thebigscott
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

LEts play a new game. *** Karen's got one now! *** Empty Re: LEts play a new game. *** Karen's got one now! ***

Post by edbson Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:51 am

Coon? Squirrel? Bald Eagle?
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:53 am

A Nutria?
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:54 am

I'm scared to guess. OK, I actually don't have a guess. But you scared me so bad by mentioning scorpions. There's something about a scorpion that is just...wrong. Thank goodness we don't have any in MI. And don't be letting your hooligans bring them across state lines, either.

All right, I'll g uess. Snapping turtle?
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:54 am

edbson wrote:A Nutria?

What's a nutria?
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:56 am

BTW, my first thought was a bear. Then I thought it can't be a bear cause he was carrying it, LOL.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:56 am

It can't be a nutria, I wouldn't recognize one in a picture. Never even herd of one.

My second guess is some type of Gila Monster.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:03 am

Scott guesses an armadillo or a possum. And he also figures that a baby bear would be carry-able.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:43 am

They HAVE tried to catch an armadiller, but it wasnt that Smile

No bears here yet (Thank GOD) They are still a few miles away.

snapping turtle, no, they have brought them home in the past, but I veto'd putting them in a tank.

Nutria Rat... NO.. They havent caught a rat since the summer.

Possumm, They havent 'caught' one. But they burried one they thought was dead that the dogs had drug up...

OHhh a skunk.. I am almost sure that even mine are not that stupid. But I have heard that they make great pets.

Coon.. OH they would DIE. THey want one sooo obad!!

Squirrell, no, but its a great guess, because it would be in there for the same reason as *mystery mammel*

ACK! Bald eagle... that would be my damn luck... They'd probebly sneak it food like they did the buzzard and it would start feasting on my chickens!

Okay, here is more hints.

It has or soon will have young near by.

There are two of them.

I actually WANT these type animals around, they help to drive off larger preditors

I prefer they NOT be sharing the food in my coop.
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:02 pm

Fox.
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:08 pm

Ground Hog?
Lucky
Lucky

Number of posts : 1488
Honeycomb : 6 infinity
Registration date : 2008-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:58 pm

It's a common House cat?
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:59 pm

thebigscott wrote:
edbson wrote:A Nutria?

What's a nutria?

http://www.nutria.com/site.php

A big ass rat!
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:18 pm

Well, it can't be a fox because that would eat the chickens... would a weasel eat the chickens? I know they can eat kittens...
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by krisncode Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:38 pm

What is it? What is it? The suspense is killing me! scratch
krisncode
krisncode
Bzzing
Bzzing

Number of posts : 28
Honeycomb : The never ending climb...
Registration date : 2008-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:01 pm

A wittle tiny baby bobcat?
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:29 pm

Porcupine?

Tell us already!
Lucky
Lucky

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:43 pm

My guesses would have been porcupine, possum, and armadillo as well, but since it isn't those, maybe a weasel?
KellyM
KellyM

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:34 pm

LOL!

It was a less menecing creature Smile

I had planned to show you the picture, BUT, alas, BR is determined that for some reason I want to go to bed too.

It was a female cardinal.

Of course, tonight at dusk we were feeding the pigs, putting up the chickens and generally getting everything done. It got dark, I sent Matt home with Bow, he was running around outside the coop and pen.

As we started out the pen Darla (the female healer) was baying something. We shined the light over there, BRett walked over and it was a damn copperhead. Kilt it dead and threw it in iwth the pigs.

It was not 5 feet from where Bow was just standing. And the kids go down and let the chickens out in the dark in the mornings. Either the boys, or if they are running late, Rayley.

I keep tellin BR we need some guinnies. (sp) guess I will just have to get some and let him holler. We have never had a 'snake problem' perse. BUT with chicks chripin and chickens around, you always attract snakes.
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:35 pm

Oh and sorry, Between being gone all day for my comittee meeting and then walking in the door for the kids to change into baseball stuff, then being there all night, I havent been home all day.

thats why it took me so long! Sad
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:37 pm

Well you still have time before the next baby to have skunks, porcupines, foxes, or ground hogs too! Night Night! Sleep tight, and don't let the bedbugs bite! (nor anything else lurching around there) Razz
Lucky
Lucky

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:39 pm

Oh cool! I love birds. Scott used to be able to catch them as a kid. Not to hurt them, just like what Matt did. I don't know that he ever caught a cardinal though.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:05 pm

And of course, today was a new day....

It was a 3 for one day...
First thing this morning Matt came in with a cardinal. Dead as a doorknob. Nothing wrong wth it, just dead. ?? He had found it out towards the chicken coop.

3 hours later, BRett came running in.

MOM! MOM! Look what I found!! and thrust his closed hand into my face. Opening it up right under my nose.

Now, I had a FINALLY alseep baby in my arms, after 45 minuts of crying. so I just closed my eyes and prayed.

Boy was there a sigh of relief when I opened them and saw 4 of the biggest nicest ..... ___________.

Then I loaded them up adn off to my great aunts we went. She lives down the road my grandfather lives on, 'bout a /10th of a mile from the house.
She has a HUGE yard that looks like a nursery gone to seed. There is flowers, and tress and flowerin trees every freakin where. Its like botanical gardens was abandoned.

They are always finding something out there. or picking her cotten picken flowers.

anyway, in they came "MOM! MOM!" "we found you another ___________!

I dont want another ________________!
I am tired of cleaning up after things, feeding things.

But, being the sucker I am, I let them load it up, told them that yes I could save it, took it home and promptly pawned it off on my sister in law.
I fiqure she needed a happy easter too!
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:52 pm

oh and Rebecca, yes, a weasel will eat a chicken, a skunk will, a coon will, snakes eat the eggs and babies, minks, bobcats, (one was killed, a HUGE one, a mile or so from my house yesterday), coyotes, and a thousand other things.. Sad
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next