Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We need your help UPDATE on PAGE 4!!

+8
edbson
BuzzNut
59pearly
KellyM
Lori
chelle
aurora04
thebigscott
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

We need your help UPDATE  on PAGE 4!! - Page 2 Empty Re: We need your help UPDATE on PAGE 4!!

Post by BuzzNut Fri May 22, 2009 2:58 pm

36th place with 9230 votes....please vote and pass the link around.
BuzzNut
BuzzNut
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 1737
Honeycomb : Level 6 ....the endless doom
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

We need your help UPDATE  on PAGE 4!! - Page 2 Empty Re: We need your help UPDATE on PAGE 4!!

Post by BuzzNut Sun May 24, 2009 9:37 pm

Only one week left to vote..don't forget to vote daily, and spread the word.
They are in 35th place at the moment.
Jasper Youth Baseball & Softball
Jasper, TX
VOTES 10356
BuzzNut
BuzzNut

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Sun May 24, 2009 10:10 pm

Thanks for the update!! I am sending out another massmailing.. Thanks for working so hard on this!! Smile
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by greeneyes Sun May 24, 2009 10:12 pm

I voted!
greeneyes
greeneyes
In Need of a 12 Step Program
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 514
Honeycomb : Six
Registration date : 2008-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Sun May 24, 2009 11:47 pm

voted, sent out a mass email, and voted some more.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by BuzzNut Mon May 25, 2009 6:58 pm

I have been watching this off and on all day. They are currently in 36th place by just a few votes. There is another team in IL that is ahead by 2 votes, and that is the way it has been all day.
Jasper, TX
VOTES 10712
BuzzNut
BuzzNut

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Tue May 26, 2009 9:19 am

Yesterday morning when I blew thru Jasper, I saw several signs at businesses saying to vote, but no website name....
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by BuzzNut Tue May 26, 2009 9:28 am

They are in 35th place this morning with 11026 votes.
They have passed the team from IL by 85 votes. They are now 11 votes behind a team from IN (34th place).
Today brings a new day though, and once those teams start voting again for the day who knows what will happen. I have voted all I can for today. Wink I don't know any more email addy's to use.
BuzzNut
BuzzNut

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Tue May 26, 2009 10:06 am

They have passed the team from IN by a margin of 72 votes. They are in 34th place. 33rd place is 715 votes ahead though.

I was also thinking about posting a comment. It's possible that the judges will be reading those as part of their decision making process.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Tue May 26, 2009 10:08 am

I was just over voting a bunch, too. But I don't have 700 more votes in me.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by BuzzNut Tue May 26, 2009 10:12 am

That may be a possiblity, I didn't see it posted anywhere of what the judges would be basing their decisions on. I just seen that it said that 50% of the scoring would be from votes and the other 50% from judges. With that, does that mean any team has a chance or it would be just from the higher voting teams?? It is a little vague.
BuzzNut
BuzzNut

Back to top Go down

Post by BuzzNut Tue May 26, 2009 10:54 am

I did find this in the "rules".

3. JUDGING CRITERIA: On or about 4/1/09 to 4/30/09 all entries received by the deadline date stated above will be judged by a qualified panel of judges designated by Sponsor, to determine one-hundred (100) Finalists to compete for a Grand Prize. All entries will be judged based on the following judging criteria: “feasibility of field makeover” (10%); “location of the field” (10%); “how old is the field?” (10%); “how often is the field used?” (10%); “how many events take place on the field each month/year?” (10%); “what teams use the field?” (10%); “are there other athletic fields in the community?” (10%); “Background: Demand for the field.” (10%); “Condition: What shape is the field in?” (10%); “Impact: How would this field’s makeover help the community?” (10%). The potential Finalists will be the one-hundred (100) entrants with the highest overall scores. In the event of a tie between potential Finalists, the entrant to be declared as a Finalist will be determined based on the highest score in the “this field’s restoration will help the community because…” category. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to select fewer than one-hundred (100) Finalists in the event that there are not a sufficient number of qualified entries received.

4. VOTING PERIOD AND WINNER SELECTION: Beginning 5/1/09 at 12:00:00 PM (ET) to 5/31/09 at 11:59:59 AM (ET) (“Voting Period”), the Finalists’ nominations will be posted at www.FrostedFlakes.com for public voting. The voting public will be allowed one (1) vote for their favorite finalist nomination per Day, per person/email address during the Voting Period. For purposes of this promotion, a “Day” is defined as a consecutive twenty-four hour time period during the Promotion Period starting at 12:00:00 PM (ET) and ending at 11:59:59 AM (ET). The general public will be invited to vote online for their favorite finalist nomination. The public voting will be combined with the Sponsor’s judging panel results (see rule # 3) to determine the winners. The public voting will count for ½ of the final score; and the Sponsor’s judging panel results will count for ½ of the final score. The thirty (30) Finalists with the highest overall score will be declared the Grand Prize winners. In the event of a tie, the winner(s) will be determined by the Sponsor, in their sole discretion, using the Judging Criteria set forth above for selecting the Finalist.
BuzzNut
BuzzNut

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Tue May 26, 2009 12:41 pm

We're slowly gaining on the field in 33rd position. They are now 659 ahead of us, rather than 715.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Tue May 26, 2009 3:34 pm

Wow. We've narrowed the gap to 480! At this rate we could maybe make it into the top 30 again before the end of the contest. Not that that's a guarantee. But I'm excited to see us moving in the right direction at last.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Tue May 26, 2009 7:58 pm

We slid down a spot because a team that was way behind up is piling on the votes, but... we're only 24 votes out of the 34th place and only 261 votes out of the 33rd spot. If we continue to bring in the votes like we have been today we should make it back into the top 30 before it ends.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by BuzzNut Tue May 26, 2009 9:23 pm

I just seen that team that was way behind made up some ground. Darn it.
BuzzNut
BuzzNut

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Tue May 26, 2009 11:44 pm

The voting is really picking up! We're up to 12,162 votes. That's over a thousand votes today alone! If we'd had this activity all along we'd be in the number one spot.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by BuzzNut Tue May 26, 2009 11:46 pm

I was just coming to post.
"We" (lol) are 150 votes behind 34th place and only 244 behind 33rd. I can't believe how fast the votes have went up today. I sure wish they would really pick up and zoom past a bunch of them .
BuzzNut
BuzzNut

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Wed May 27, 2009 12:01 am

I know. I was looking at some of the other fields that are in the running. I wish there was enough money to redo them all. But even so, I feel strongly about this field. There are two other fields in the top 30 that are in Kentucky where I live. But those fields (like so many others described here) are in disrepair because of community apathy. They could have been maintained and weren't. Jasper was trying to maintain their field. But they had 3 hurricanes. That says a lot to me.

In our town, we had one very wealthy person annonomously donate a huge sum of money to start a Boys and Girls Club. And it was a wonderful place. My kids loved it. Scott and I volunteered there some and also tried to help them raise money. But most people in our community didn't give. They expected that same donor to keep it running. So it failed and was closed in less than a decade. I'm afraid the same thing will happen to some of those ball fields where the damage is simply from a lack of community support. Kellogg's will come in and rebuild... but will anyone bother with upkeep? If they didn't care when their own tax dollars built it, will they care more when someone donates it?

I think that's why I think of it as a "we" situation, even though I'll never even see the field. It's because I know that the damage wasn't just from neglect.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Wed May 27, 2009 12:50 am

Thank y'all!!!

And yes, please leave a comment. Smile LOL

ya know, it was the elementary kids that got us int he running.. In computer class. They would just make up an email address, lie about their age and vote..

Or so I heard.... surely not.....

anyway.... I have sent out my mass email again.. Dont know if it will work or not. LOL

OH and please do comment! please!! tell 'em michelle sent ya'.. LOL just kidding... BUT do comment, Some kids in Bretts class commented on there. a good friends daughter is on there. of course I know she didnt vote.. being 10 and all... LOL

anyway,, I am off to try it for the night.. we need to advance Smile
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BuzzNut Wed May 27, 2009 6:26 pm

34th place
Jasper, TX
VOTES 13286

"we" are ahead of 35th place by only 20 votes, and behind 33rd by 345 votes.
I haven't voted yet today, but getting ready to.
Wink
BuzzNut
BuzzNut

Back to top Go down

Post by cens0rship Wed May 27, 2009 8:38 pm

I just put my vote in. I was looking around and I found another league in Texas where I used to go take pictures: candlelight little league.

I hope you guys get in the top!
cens0rship
cens0rship
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 175
Honeycomb : Level 3
Registration date : 2008-10-07

http://shessupercrafty.etsy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BuzzNut Thu May 28, 2009 6:09 pm

Currently 34th place
Jasper, TX
VOTES 14566

We are 696 votes from 31st place
Ovid communtiy Field
Ovid , MI
VOTES 15262

28th, 29th and 30th place are running not too far apart..time is running out only a couple more days to vote.

Last edited by BuzzNut on Thu May 28, 2009 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
BuzzNut
BuzzNut

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Thu May 28, 2009 7:52 pm

did my 20 for the day
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Fri May 29, 2009 1:05 pm

I did mine, it won't let me do more....
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next