Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chewy, Yummy, Minty Cookies

2 posters

Go down

Chewy, Yummy, Minty Cookies Empty Chewy, Yummy, Minty Cookies

Post by Lori Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:51 pm

If you could imagine a Girl Scout Thin Mint cookie that has gone all chewy and luscious, that's what these cookies are like. You just have to try them. Don't forget to line your cookie sheets with foil when baking. Another hint: Andes also makes Cherry Flavored chocolate candies, and you can use those instead or in addition to the Mint flavor.

1 1/2 CUP BROWN SUGAR

3/4 CUP MARGARINE (not butter)

2 TBS. WATER

2 EGGS

2 1/2 CUP FLOUR

1 1/4 TSP SODA

1 1/2 TSP SALT

1 12 OZ. PACKAGE CHOCOLATE CHIPS

2 BOXES ANDES MINTS*

MELT CHOCOLATE CHIPS.

MIX IN SUGAR, BUTTER AND WATER.

BEAT IN EGGS.

ADD DRY INGREDIENTS.

REFRIGERATE FOR AT LEAST 1 HOUR.

ROLL INTO BALLS.

BAKE ON FOIL LINED SHEETS FOR 10 MINUTES AT 350 DEGREES.

REMOVE.

ON TOP OF EACH COOKIE PUT A MINT. LET THEM MELT, AND THEN SPREAD.

*You may need more than 2 boxes of mints - I always have 3 boxes on hand.

I like to chill the batter really well, to the point where the dough feels almost dry. Then when I roll them into balls, the heat from my hands helps to soften the dough enough to get really nice, round balls. The cookies stay thicker, and therefore chewier, when you make them this way. For reference, I usually get at least 4 dozen cookies with the size I form the balls. Another hint: when the mints have melted and I spread them on the tops of the cookies, I like to spread them very gently with the back of a small spoon so I can still see some of the green color along with the chocolate. I try to be especially careful if I'm using cherry and mint Andes candies, so I can tell by the pink or green color which flavor they are. Sometimes when I make both flavors I'll also sprinkle red sugar on the cherry cookies and green sugar on the mint cookies to accent the difference. Let the cookies firm up for a while on the baking sheets, then transfer them to wire racks to finish cooling. They firm up as they cool, and the Andes Mints fully dry and firm up.

Last edited by Lori on Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Chewy, Yummy, Minty Cookies Empty Re: Chewy, Yummy, Minty Cookies

Post by tara Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:40 pm

Oh these sound soooo good. I wonder if I could buy andes candies and manage to have any left by the time I get home? LOL I love them.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:46 am

My 22 year old just called for this recipe. They're his favorite, and he wants to take them to a Thanksgiving potluck at work.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down