Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What reports are worth.

+6
Rebecca1340
Jezzelle
Scar
MrsCuffs
chelle
thebigscott
10 posters

Go down

What reports are worth. Empty What reports are worth.

Post by thebigscott Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:14 pm

Since for now I will continue to be an agent, I thought it would be a good idea to figure out how much time and effort I want to put into my reports.

Reports are currently paying a maximum of 36 cents.

Minimum wage pays $5.85 an hour. If you divide $5.85 by 60, you get $0.0975. So that means minimum wage pays 9 and 3/4 cents a minutes.

To make minimum wage for the time you spend reporting, you'd have to do one report in 3.7 minutes. If you expect to make better than minimum wage for the time you spend reporting, you'd need to be faster than that.

Since it takes me anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes to write a good report, I would be better off writing only the required 2 reports per campaign to keep me in the upper levels (and maintain my early invites). Essentially, I would be taking a loss if I wrote more reports than that, particularly for a campaign that was for a $3 or $4 item, as many of my campaigns are for.

Of course, BzzAgent doesn't take taxes out, and we get to set our hours and work as much or as little as we like. But I didn't include the time I spend Bzzing so I'd say that it evens out. I have a college degree, so when I work I expect to make better than minimum wage.
thebigscott
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

What reports are worth. Empty Re: What reports are worth.

Post by chelle Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:33 pm

yep !

what she said.

Smile
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsCuffs Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:49 pm

Wow, 10 - 20 minutes???

I've never spent more than 5 minutes at the MOST writing a report and mine are usually 2 - 3 paragraphs long.
MrsCuffs
MrsCuffs
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2008-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:10 pm

I'm slow. I admit that's me and not BzzAgent's fault. But I try to write down the exact conversation, describe the setting, tell what brought the subject us, etc. And that takes me a while. So it takes me a while. I have to admit that in the past few months (as I realized that BzzAgent graded all the reports the same) I've slacked off on the quality. But I'm still me (aka unable to shut up) so my reports still take me 10 minutes or so to write.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Scar Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:15 pm

Karen I am so bad at math I am almost learning disabled.
So I have a little algebra for you-
I frequently hear "Well they give you free stuff and that's your payment"
Can factor how much you're getting paid to do reports for the Harmony One?

If you take the value of the product as the currency how much would each report be worth?

I hope I made sense cyclops
Scar
Scar

Number of posts : 1135
Honeycomb : Honey-Freaking-Bee-Finally!
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Jezzelle Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:21 pm

By that math it's even worse here. Massachusetts' mininum wage is $8.00.
Jezzelle
Jezzelle
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2008-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:19 pm

As for me, it takes me about 10 minutes to write a report. Mine is anywhere from 3-5 paragraphs (not including all the conversations). Wow, minimum wage in Ontario is now $9 an hour and is supposed to go up to $10 an hour in either 2009 or 2010.

I see my writing of the reports as part of my daily writing exercises. I am a writer and it is helpful for me to improve my writing skills. But I understand how writing the reports can be difficult and work for other people.

I'd love to help people out. Maybe people could pay me with My Points and I could write out all their reports for them. Wait, I can't really use My Points. LOL! How about gift cards to Amazon. Yeah, I like that better. I could totally go into business for myself creating reports for fellow bzzers. Wonder if the Hive would frown upon it...

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:47 pm

LMAO!!! That's a great money making idea! I bet they'd flag you as a pest in a heartbeat though!
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sati769leigh Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:40 pm

it is one way to look at it. for me i am a speed reader and type at 140 words per minute with an excellent grasp of the english language. so i do tend to write a report in about a minute? maybe 3. and i get excellents a lot, goods most of the time. i cannot imagine spending 20 minutes to write a report. i would write so much in that time they would hate me.
sati769leigh
sati769leigh
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 293
Honeycomb : sati769leigh@hotmail.com
Registration date : 2008-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:45 pm

I have no idea how long it takes me to write a report. There's usually a kid or two trying to get my attention and then the dog wants me too. Sort of like when I post here.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:52 pm

Rebecca1340 wrote:LMAO!!! That's a great money making idea! I bet they'd flag you as a pest in a heartbeat though!

Yeah, probably but it is still a great idea though! Although, I don't like being thought of as a pest. Heck, I don't even like ants. LOL!

Back to top Go down

Post by chiquita55 Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:57 pm

I try to look at reports as payback for getting a product free from Bzz. Not as something I am doing for a reward or money. If you look at it that way you won't feel so bad and if you re not interested in the MPs then just do your 2 or 3 and you will be pretty well compensated for them just from the product. I have gotten some pretty nice and costly products from Bzz and don't mind doing a few reports. I usually only do 3 or 4 anyway which is more than enough now.
chiquita55
chiquita55
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 702
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:59 pm

Exactly chiquita -- they've made it very clear that they only want 2 reports. If they send me a free product, I will fight my kids off to send them 2 reports! Very Happy
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sati769leigh Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:52 pm

so i am thinking, should i do less reports then? do you all think that they dont want all the reports? they only want 2? Shocked
sati769leigh
sati769leigh
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 293
Honeycomb : sati769leigh@hotmail.com
Registration date : 2008-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsCuffs Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:59 pm

chiquita55 wrote:I try to look at reports as payback for getting a product free from Bzz. Not as something I am doing for a reward or money. If you look at it that way you won't feel so bad and if you re not interested in the MPs then just do your 2 or 3 and you will be pretty well compensated for them just from the product. I have gotten some pretty nice and costly products from Bzz and don't mind doing a few reports. I usually only do 3 or 4 anyway which is more than enough now.

I see it the same way.
MrsCuffs
MrsCuffs
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2008-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Scar Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:31 pm

sati769leigh wrote:so i am thinking, should i do less reports then? do you all think that they dont want all the reports? they only want 2? Shocked

Looks that way to me.
They only want two reports per campaign
Scar
Scar

Back to top Go down

Post by mrschia Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:37 pm

I hope Joe tells us. I love doing them, but if they only want 2 they should tell us that clearly.
mrschia
mrschia

Number of posts : 670
Honeycomb : Level 6~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:26 pm

Scar wrote:Karen I am so bad at math I am almost learning disabled.
So I have a little algebra for you-
I frequently hear "Well they give you free stuff and that's your payment"
Can factor how much you're getting paid to do reports for the Harmony One?

If you take the value of the product as the currency how much would each report be worth?

I hope I made sense cyclops

Logitech Harmony One has an MSRP of $250, although you can buy it on Amazon for $200. Since the math is easier to follow with the Amazon price, I'll use that. I'll also say that it takes 5 minutes to write a report, again to make the math simpler.

If you receive it from BzzAgent and wrote no reports, you would have a $200 profit for zero minutes of work. The fact that you worked zero minutes means it's impossible to figure out your hourly rate. But you would not advance in level and eventually, others would advance past you so you would get invitations later than they do. Plus you would not make progress towards a golden key.

If you wrote one report, you would have a $200.36 profit for 5 minutes of work. That would be $2404.32 an hour. But, you would not advance in level and eventually, others would advance past you so you would get invitations later than they do. Plus you would not make progress towards a golden key.

If you wrote two reports, you would have a $200.72 profit for 10 minutes of work. That would be $1204.32 an hour. And you would get your honeycomb and not fall behind the other agents. You would still have the earliest invite that you were eligable for. And you would make progress towards a golden key.

If you wrote three reports, you would have a $201.08 profit for 15 minutes of work. That would be $804.32 an hour. So your hourly rate would go down by $400. And although the second report moved you towards a golden key/earlier invite, the third report makes no difference that way.

If you wrote four reports, you would have a $201.44 profit for 20 minutes of work. That's $604.32 an hour.

At five reports, you would have a $201.80 profit for 25 minutes of work. That's $484.32 an hour.

At 10 reports, you would have a $203.60 profit for 50 minutes of work. That's $244.32 an hour.

At 20 reports, you would have a $207.20 profit for 1 hour, 40 minutes of work. That's $124.32 an hour.

At 30 reports, you would have a $210.80 profit for 2 hours, 30 minutes of work. That's $84.32 an hour.

At 40 reports, you would have a $214.40 profit for 3 hours, 20 minutes of work. That's $64.32 an hour.

At 50 reports, you would have a $218.00 profit for 4 hours, 10 minutes of work. That's $52.32 an hour.

At 100 reports, you would have a $236.00 profit for 8 hours, 20 minutes of work. That's $28.32 an hour.

At 200 reports, you would have a $272.00 profit for 16 hours, 40 minutes of work. That's $16.32 an hour.

At 300 reports, you would have a $308.00 profit for 25 hours of work. That's $12.32 an hour.

At 400 reports, you would have a $344.00 profit for 33 hours, 20 minutes of work. That's $10.32 an hour. So, at 400 reports, you've made $144 in MyPoints -- Nice! But you've put in an extra 33+ hours worth of work to get it. And except for the MyPoints, you haven't gotten a single additional benefit over the two report agent. You won't be getting an earlier invite than someone at the same level who only did two reports. And the extra 33 hours worth of work won't get you any closer to a golden key.

So while there's no doubt that a high end campaign is worth doing a few reports for, it's clear that doing additional reports doesn't bring you a whole lot of benefit.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:38 pm

yep. And just think the SBSC is 12.00 here. Smile LOL

so the 31 reports I did for it.... uhhhhhhh i dont want to know.. I average 8 minutes per report at least. Plus being a trained secretary with typing skills I make more than minimum wage for my typing.
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:57 pm

For SBSC (well, all of them), you take the basic value of the item, then add $0.36 x the number of reports. That's how much you would have earned under then new system (but not how much you earned if you redeemed under the old system or if you transfered your points during Shaloha).

Then you take the number of reports x the number of minutes to make each report. That gives you your total number of minutes you worked.

So your pay is the amount you earned divided by the time you worked.

If you did those reports now, you'd get about $23.16 ($12 SBSC + $11.16 for reports). You spent 248 minutes on reports, so that's just over 4 hours. That's a little less than $6 an hour.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:07 pm

I said I didnt want to know!! LOL
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Scar Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:18 pm

Karen
What reports are worth. 291891
Scar
Scar

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:25 pm

LOL! You're welcome.

And sorry Chelle, I couldn't resist.

Now, back to reading all those posts I missed and trying to get caught up.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:12 am

Oh, and I forgot to figure up how many reports and how many hours to cash in on a $10 card.

If a $10 card is roughly 1500 MyPoints, then it will take 28 top notch reports to get $10. At 5 minutes a piece, that would take 2 hours and 20 minutes. It would take me twice as long.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlett Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:35 am

stop and think about how often a high priced item like the remote is offered tho? Shit I bzz'd over 30 reports for Oust and glade and those items are what? Glade is 8.99 here the oust is 3.99.

I REALLY don't wanna know so don't even bend ur brain to do the math.

I'm soooooooooooo frustrated I hate not having answers or clearer explanations.
Scarlett
Scarlett

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2008-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down