Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You still redeem points for >2 campaign reports

+13
Scar
armybrat
trax
chelle
spiritia
edbson
Muggins
aundrea2u
Rebecca1340
idatater46
arny
Honey
Canyonero
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

You still redeem points for >2 campaign reports Empty You still redeem points for >2 campaign reports

Post by Canyonero Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:13 pm

Hey bees,

I'm new here; wading through BzzPerks with the rest of you.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but here's my read on campaigns and reports:

You only get Status for 2 reports a campaign.

But you still redeem Stuff (meaning MyPoints) for every report submitted.

Reports may not be worth a lot, but multiple ones will still add up.

Right? confused
Canyonero
Canyonero
Larva
Larva

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

You still redeem points for >2 campaign reports Empty Re: You still redeem points for >2 campaign reports

Post by Honey Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:25 pm

I don't really think 55 pts max will add up too fast with what it takes to get a reward at Mypoints (long time memebr and I do know how it works). I am thinking this is no longer worth much effort on my part. It is easier to click bonus emails to get to 55 points in my opinion, and never mess with a dang report!
Honey
Honey
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 1859
Honeycomb : 5
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

You still redeem points for >2 campaign reports Empty Re: You still redeem points for >2 campaign reports

Post by Honey Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:26 pm

Sorry I am crabby, I see that was your first post, so welcome and again sorry, I am crabby about this.
Honey
Honey

Back to top Go down

Post by Canyonero Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:31 pm

Honey, I know you must be frustrated, but at least BzzAgent still gives a thank you for our efforts.
Canyonero
Canyonero
Larva
Larva

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by arny Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:42 pm

Honey wrote:Sorry I am crabby, I see that was your first post, so welcome and again sorry, I am crabby about this.
I know what you mean about being crabby...I am too..and it showed on another thread..
Gosh I really don't like the thought of writing just two reports...but hate that anything more than two appear to be of little benefit to you..
arny
arny
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 951
Honeycomb : Level 6 and 33 honeycombs and 0 keys
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:24 pm

I just can't quite get past my campaigns that I bzzed so much on, count the same as if I had only bzzed twice. I am trying to get over it, just having a hectic day here on top of everything.
Honey
Honey

Back to top Go down

Post by idatater46 Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:37 pm

Me too- I have about killed myself on getting good Bzz reports and now wonder why? I did noticed I had visited the frog pond regularly- like now there is only one I haven't been too. I don't think that helped me either. Have now taken a wait and see attitude- will depend on the number of campaigns I am offered.
idatater46
idatater46

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:50 pm

Canyonero wrote:Honey, I know you must be frustrated, but at least BzzAgent still gives a thank you for our efforts.
Unless you're Canadian You still redeem points for >2 campaign reports 88315

Seriously, I did opt out of the points because it simply wasn't worth the aggravation of dealing with MyPits with the limited options available to Canadians ( I did a breakdown of each "option" available to me in an email to the hive and copied it in a thread here somewhere). I believe that I owe it to the companies who are providing the products for me to try to provide the WOM I agreed to, but after the huge devaluation of points which I found to be extremely insulting (did they think we wouldn't notice?) and being forced to either opt out of rewards or deal with a spam company in order to redeem for things that in many cases were not available to me as a small town Canadian -- and there are a few of us here in the same boat -- I really don't think BzzAgent is sincere in their thanks.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by aundrea2u Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:55 pm

I agree there are no real options for Canadians and i know alot of people here are sick of hearing about it but put yourselves in our shoes, we bust our ass for BUZZ i had over 1200 points and not barely anything because I can not redeem for anything here. Sorry just a bit upset with BUZZ now
aundrea2u
aundrea2u
Worker Bee
Worker Bee

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:59 pm

I'm with you -- I had 1896 when I sent my points into cyber oblivian!
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Muggins Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:55 pm

Canyonero wrote:Honey, I know you must be frustrated, but at least BzzAgent still gives a thank you for our efforts.

Oh, I'd forgotten how lovely it was to be young and naive! Sorry Canyonero, but this post made me chuckle! A warm (and I do mean warm as we are now on day 4 of an usually early heat/humidity wave here) Canadian welcome to Unofficial Bzz to you!

BzzAgent does OWE me something for all the time I've spent over the last couple of years promoting products for their clients and this fiasco certainly isn't going to prove to be much of a "thank you" for me and my fellow Canadian BzzAgents - campaigns are very few and far between for us, the ability to earn additional points on MyPITS is severly limited as are the options for us to redeem what points we do have for highly overpriced GCs to a very few Canadian retailers! Heck, I'm still bzzing Sonicare toothbrushes and that campaign has been over more than a year! They recruit north of the border, they promise you rewards and then they don't deliver when we do - how is that thanking me?

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your post but it is very frustrating to see that things (so far anyway) do not appear to have changed much or gotten better in any way for those of us north of the border!
Muggins
Muggins
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 249
Honeycomb : Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:20 pm

I agree Muggins. I just don't think a gc for a store that's an hour away from me (more for many agents here) is a way to thank me. I don't think BzzAgent actually asked Canadians if the system they were setting up for the Americans would work here. They just assumed that just because a store has locations in Canada it was convenient for all Canadians.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:23 pm

I really do not think they "got it" that Canada was a whole diffferent country.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:26 pm

I think that's the problem too. They want to treat us like Americans so badly because we share a continent, but the truth is that shopping in a store or online are completely different in small town Canada than it is in small town USA.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Muggins Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:30 pm

Rebecca1340 wrote:I agree Muggins. I just don't think a gc for a store that's an hour away from me (more for many agents here) is a way to thank me. I don't think BzzAgent actually asked Canadians if the system they were setting up for the Americans would work here. They just assumed that just because a store has locations in Canada it was convenient for all Canadians.

And with gas prices the way they are now, with no relief in sight, how many BzzAgents, north or south of the border will want to drive that far and back to use a $10, or even a $25 GC?

Hell, I live in Toronto which may actually have a few of the locations here (not that they are places I care to spend my well earned GCs at) but I would still have to travel that far to get to them as this city seems to sprawl forever nowadays! LOL

Even redeeming a US card to do some online shopping isn't that much of a perk as more often than not you still have to pay for shipping, and then quite possibly duty and taxes once your item hits here.

Yeah, they really thought this one out well (for their benefit, certainly not ours)!
Muggins
Muggins
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:37 pm

You would almost certainly have to pay shipping and it wouldn't be cheap either! I bet it would be more than the merchandise! Toss some duty on top of that and you're really not being thanked at all.
There was some sort of gc for shellfish delivery or something. I think it originated in Canada. I would imagine if I ordered something like that I would still have to pay shipping to have it shipped from the Maritimes, but at least when the allergic reaction hit my trip to the emergency room would be covered by our public healthcare!
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by arny Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:45 pm

Ok guys help me out with this...You hear us American's (who really think Canada is a part of the US)...(kidding....really I am Twisted Evil lol )tell about how easy it is to shop online...tell me how is it done in Canada? Or isn't it done??
I understand not wanting to travel.. gas is crazey high right now.. And you can't purchase from American stores due to tariffs right??
How much more is does it really cost to have say an IPOD shipped from Apple to you..or is that too hard to figure..
Thanks...I want to understand more completely why this is effecting the Canadians so much..
arny
arny

Number of posts : 951
Honeycomb : Level 6 and 33 honeycombs and 0 keys
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Muggins Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:45 pm

Rebecca1340 wrote:You would almost certainly have to pay shipping and it wouldn't be cheap either! I bet it would be more than the merchandise! Toss some duty on top of that and you're really not being thanked at all.
There was some sort of gc for shellfish delivery or something. I think it originated in Canada. I would imagine if I ordered something like that I would still have to pay shipping to have it shipped from the Maritimes, but at least when the allergic reaction hit my trip to the emergency room would be covered by our public healthcare!

Oh Rebecca!!!! You can come to my hospital anytime and I'll see that you are well taken care of (just don't bring any of that seafood with you because I am not a seafood fan - I'm into turf not surf! LOL Have you ever flown back up here from down east ...... there is something kinda creepy about all those folks bringing live lobsters back in those telltale boxes! Poor things ..... I just want to take them down to the harbour and set them free!
Muggins
Muggins
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:54 pm

It depends if the guy at the border depends to open your package and charge you duty that day. I really couldn't tell you the duty rates off the top of my head -- I think they're as random as the way BzzAgent awards points! I know one Christmas I ordered a few toys from Fisher Price that weren't available here. They weren't too expensive so I didn't mind paying the difference in the dollar. Not only did the shipping cost (USPS) equal more than the value of the toys, but the duty cost as much as the shipping did!
Even shipping within Canada is more expensive though. A regular stamp here is $0.52 and of course parcels aren't cheap to ship either. The only website I regularly buy from is Amazon.ca and even then I'll hold off ordering until I have $40 worth of books we want so that we get the shipping for free.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:56 pm

Muggins wrote:
Rebecca1340 wrote:You would almost certainly have to pay shipping and it wouldn't be cheap either! I bet it would be more than the merchandise! Toss some duty on top of that and you're really not being thanked at all.

Oh Rebecca!!!! You can come to my hospital anytime and I'll see that you are well taken care of (just don't bring any of that seafood with you because I am not a seafood fan - I'm into turf not surf! LOL Have you ever flown back up here from down east ...... there is something kinda creepy about all those folks bringing live lobsters back in those telltale boxes! Poor things ..... I just want to take them down to the harbour and set them free!
Can you imagine the panic that people would have if you set a bunch of lobsters free in the harbour in Toronto? That's almost worth the trouble of ordering them! Almost, but not quite...
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Muggins Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:24 am

arny wrote:Ok guys help me out with this...You hear us American's (who really think Canada is a part of the US)...(kidding....really I am Twisted Evil lol )tell about how easy it is to shop online...tell me how is it done in Canada? Or isn't it done??
I understand not wanting to travel.. gas is crazey high right now.. And you can't purchase from American stores due to tariffs right??
How much more is does it really cost to have say an IPOD shipped from Apple to you..or is that too hard to figure..
Thanks...I want to understand more completely why this is effecting the Canadians so much..

Sure we can shop online Arny, but there are American retailers who don't ship to Canada. I buy online from Lands End and LL Bean about twice a year and have to say that it was a much nicer experience this year as our dollar is now so high against yours ...... for years that wasn't the case. Sometimes I get lucky and am not charged any duty or additional Canadian taxes but it really is a crap shoot.

Bath and Body Works, which I'd be very interested in, unfortunately won't ship to Canada but I've heard that they are to open about 10 stores up here later this year so hopefully Toronto will soon have one - now whether we will then be able to order GCs thru MyPITS to use at those stores ..... who knows.

I haven't looked into buying much in the way of electronics online from a US retailer .......... but today I did check the US Dell site through MyPITS to check prices for a cooling mat for my laptop ..... and quite honestly I don't think there is a whole lot of difference price wise so as I'm not sure if I would or wouldn't get hit with duty I will order it from Dell.ca through the AirMiles website and get miles there for the purchase as well as for using my MasterCard which will earn me additional miles, plus it will probably be delivered to me the next day.

In a nutshell, one of the reasons I signed up for BzzAgent, other than to try new products, give my opinions on them and talk about them to and with others, was for the potential perks I was promised. So, what I am really annoyed about (and I am not speaking for all of us Canucks) is that we as Canadians 1) simply do not get offered very many campaigns, 2) our options for earning more MyPITS points, other than through BzzAgent, is EXTREMELY limited as there really aren't that many Easy Point offers on that site, nor do most of the other offers apply to us, and 3) we are also EXTREMELY LIMITED as to what we can redeem our hard earned BzzPoints/MyPITS points for.

Hope this helps you understand the frustration a bit better!
Muggins
Muggins
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by spiritia Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:52 am

The Canadian options is a GC to giftcertificates.ca I think it is good. Shipping is paid as long as you use a 25 dollar gift certificate to buy one of the equal value. This is a GREAT option for Canadians. There are 30 or more CANADIAN retailers taking part.

$25 GIFTPASS Code
3,750 Points
Giftcertificates.ca has introduced its own gift certificate called GIFTPASS. GIFTPASS allows MyPoints.com members to select the gift certificates of their choice from Canada's leading merchants. Instead of redeeming your MyPoints from a select group of merchants you will now be redeeming for a $25 GIFTPASS. You will receive your GIFTPASS e-Certificate code immediately at which point you simply follow the instructions on how to redeem as outlined below.

Important Notes:

* GIFTPASS can only be sent to Canadian addresses.
* Each $25 GIFTPASS must be redeemed separately at Giftcertificates.ca
* When you redeem your GIFTPASS for the gift certificate(s) of your choice, the shipping and handling charge is FREE as long as you redeem for the full value of the GIFTPASS. You will ONLY be charged for shipping and handling, payable only by credit card, on subsequent redemptions if you do not use the full value of your GIFTPASS on your FIRST redemption.
* You will receive your GIFTPASS e-Certificate code immediately from MyPoints.
* Log onto www.giftcertificates.ca
* Click the "Redeem Your GIFTPASS". tab
* Print out and enter the GIFTPASS e-Certificate code that you received on your confirmation page.
* Select the gift certificates you wish to receive.
* Your gift certificates will be mailed to you.

List of Merchants you can redeem for:

Old Navy
Canadian Tire
SportChek
Cineplex Odeon
HMV
Blockbuster
Olive Garden
LaSenza Girl
Marriott Hotels
Renaissance Hotels
Suzy Shier
Planet Hollywood
Roots
Baby Universe
Gap Kids
Home Depot
Future Shop
Chapters
Indigo Books
Marks Work Wearhouse
Red Lobster
LaSenza
Delta Hotels
Courtyard by Marriott
Residence Inn
Bombay Company
The Keg
Clearwater.ca
The Gap
Baby Gap

Although when I went to the site... this is what was offered:

Apparel

Baby Gap
Gap
Gap Kids
La Senza
La Senza Girl
Marks Work Wearhouse
Northern Reflections
Old Navy
Roots
Sunglass Hut
Suzy Shier
Winners

Apparel - Luxury

Harry Rosen

Books & Music

Chapters
Coles
HMV
Indigo

Electronics

Best Buy
Black's Photography
Future Shop

Entertainment

Blockbuster
Cineplex Entertainment
Galaxy Cinemas

Fine Jewelry

Birks

Health & Beauty

Elmwood Spa
Spa Finder

Home & Garden

Canadian Tire
Home Hardware
Home Sense
Linens 'N Things
Pottery Barn
Pottery Barn Kids

Restaurants

Earls Restaurants
East Side Mario's
Moxie's Restaurant
Olive Garden
Red Lobster
The Keg Steakhouse & Bar

Specialty Foods

Kernels Popcorn Ltd.
Laura Secord
M&M Meat Shops Ltd.

Sports & Adventure

Foot Locker
Sport Mart
SportChek

Travel & Hotels

Courtyard by Marriott
Fairfield Inn by Marriott
Marriott Hotels & Resorts
Renaissance Hotels & Resorts
Residence Inn by Marriott
SpringHill Suites by Marriott
TownePlace Suites by Marriott
spiritia
spiritia
Worker Bee
Worker Bee

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-05-08

http://medhatmommies.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:38 am

okay see, I am a Texan, (same continent as everyone else, differnt country), And NONE of those stores right there would do me a bit of good. VERY few of the stores for US do me very good. I live close to a town with a walmart and a lowes. THATS IT.

And no, I dont go to the cities. And honestly, I dont buy much online. I can buy from Amazon, but really dont much. And I only do it then when I have a GC from survey companies.

I understand that you CAN write more than 2 reports. but didnt someone say it will take nigh on 18 reports to get a 10.00 GC? I will do the 2 reports needed. I write books anyway. I see NO point in spending the time to WRITE the other reports up ( it takes away time from the other stuff I do online that actually EARN money), when if I was so inclined I could simply 'click' on 11 spams in my inbox and VOILA, I have 55 mypoints.

I'll be honest. I am IN THIS for the rewards. The FREE stuff, and the REWARDS. thats why I joined. And I dont feel that the SBSC (the most expensive thing I have recived to date) is worth me writeing up 30 reports for.

If and when Bzz realizes that I do supplement my household with the things I get off the internet (money from suveys, Product tests, coupons, freebies) and start to award me accordingly I will amp up my production.

But wusslets and mypoints dont do it for me. I have never even SEEN what I can get, I cant get that far in mypoints. Wusslets add to BzzAgents bottomline. I'd rather go to Connies site and click on HER partners if I am gona buy something.

I just did a survey the other day that was maybe 15 minutes, I got 10.47 THat is what adds up quickly, not 55 points for a 3200 word essay.
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by trax Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:46 am

Well, Chelle - you are lucky to have a walmart! cheers

With reference to a point made by Rebecca on duty. Here is an example:
Purchased made on line: 1 cd - approximate value $14.97
Shipping to British Columbia from Connecticut
Completion Price $53.97
trax
trax

Number of posts : 1470
Honeycomb : In Hold Mode - Level 6
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:01 am

I don't quite understand who gets the duty that is charged, the US or Canada? I would assume Canada is charging the duty when items are shipped from the US to Canada, but you know what they say about assuming things Laughing
Honey
Honey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next