Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

babyduckie, question

+6
kath
chelle
babyduckie
Rebecca1340
thebigscott
bizzeedee
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

babyduckie, question - Page 3 Empty Re: babyduckie, question

Post by bizzeedee Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:48 am

In the south, all grown man have little boy names, Billy, Bobby, Jimmy; whereas I've found children are called by their full given names, James is never Jimmy, Andrew isn't Andy, and Robert isn't Bobby.

Only in the south!
bizzeedee
bizzeedee
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:56 am

My husband is Robert III I tokk alot of flack from the inlaws for breaking the chain. They apparently have not had to spend months trying to remove bad credit ratings of the grandfather from my husbands credit report. All said and done I could NOT live with the idea of someone calling my kid Bob. No offense to any Bob's or moms of a Bob but that name annoys me to the core. My poor hubby is still called Robby by everyone because I do it. Only one person calls him Bob and it gives me the creeps, lol.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:34 pm

bizzeedee wrote:In the south, all grown man have little boy names, Billy, Bobby, Jimmy; whereas I've found children are called by their full given names, James is never Jimmy, Andrew isn't Andy, and Robert isn't Bobby.

Only in the south!

It's so their mama's can holler for them properly.

"Billy, come clean up this mess!" doesn't have the same ring as "William James Tyler, you get in here and clean up this mess right now!"
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:39 pm

tara wrote:My husband is Robert III I tokk alot of flack from the inlaws for breaking the chain. They apparently have not had to spend months trying to remove bad credit ratings of the grandfather from my husbands credit report. All said and done I could NOT live with the idea of someone calling my kid Bob. No offense to any Bob's or moms of a Bob but that name annoys me to the core. My poor hubby is still called Robby by everyone because I do it. Only one person calls him Bob and it gives me the creeps, lol.

Tara, Scott's name is actually Oscar Scott. And his grandfather was Oscar, no middle name, senior. His dad was Oscar, no middle name, junior. We live in the family house... which his grandfather built and his dad lived in for many years. His credit report shows mortgages he signed up for when he was 7 months old, and a bank loan from before his mom was pregnant with him. I gave up trying to get them to make it right. I figure a long history of paying your bills on time couldn't hurt. And where we have no insurance and had hospitalizations we have bad credit anyway. But there was no way I was doing that to my boys.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:08 pm

Just popped in for a few minutes today and there sure is quite a bit to read wow! Have to catch up after my daughter goes back to school, in another week!
Just to join in though, my oldest daughter is 23 and named Nicole Christine. My husban's family has called her Nicki, but everyone else has always called her Nicole.
My youngest is 18 and named after my husband's mother, who died when he was 7. She is Victoria Rose. So that we would not have anyone calling them Nicki and Vicki, we started called the youngest Tory, as soon as she was born. Not sure why I decided to spell it with a y, instead of ie, because people think she is boy. She often gets called Tony or Troy because people misread it all the time.
Honey
Honey

Number of posts : 1859
Honeycomb : 5
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:18 pm

Karen- my hubby had a Montgomery ward card with a few late payments that he opened in 1975. He was born in 1978. The initial report had over 60 address variations for him and 4 different drivers license numbers. What a freakin hassle getting it all straightened out was, it took years.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:24 pm

Tara that's awful! Now I'm really glad we only used the family names as the kids' middle names -- they shouldn't have that problem!
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:23 pm

boy this "ask a babyduckie" question sure has taken a turn down a different road Shocked
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

Back to top Go down

Post by fergui Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:13 am

thebigscott wrote:
bizzeedee wrote:In the south, all grown man have little boy names, Billy, Bobby, Jimmy; whereas I've found children are called by their full given names, James is never Jimmy, Andrew isn't Andy, and Robert isn't Bobby.

Only in the south!

It's so their mama's can holler for them properly.

"Billy, come clean up this mess!" doesn't have the same ring as "William James Tyler, you get in here and clean up this mess right now!"

I don't know..."Billy Daniel, get in here and clean this mess right now!!" works pretty good around here!! LMAO
fergui
fergui
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by fergui Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:15 am

bizzeedee wrote:boy this "ask a babyduckie" question sure has taken a turn down a different road Shocked

I was thinking the same thing when I got on tonight and went "Now which thread had the kids' names thing in it?" LOL It's because the babyduckie has such beautiful names for her kids...it's her fault!! tongue
fergui
fergui
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3