Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

babyduckie, question

+6
kath
chelle
babyduckie
Rebecca1340
thebigscott
bizzeedee
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

babyduckie, question - Page 2 Empty Re: babyduckie, question

Post by babyduckie Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:28 pm

Karen..your children's names are beautiful and creative..not strange at all..one of my grandson's names is preston..it took me awhile to get used to that name..i kept thinking preston was a too preppy a name..but they almost named him Xander..im glad they didn't..my good friend's dog is named xander..
babyduckie
babyduckie
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 152
Honeycomb : 6
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:54 pm

All names mentioned here are great!

I chose to go simple..

Adam Daniel, Craig McKenzie, Amy Catherine and Cory Matthew
kath
kath
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 1338

http://mckaitsbooks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:21 pm

babyduckie wrote:Karen..your children's names are beautiful and creative..not strange at all..one of my grandson's names is preston..it took me awhile to get used to that name..i kept thinking preston was a too preppy a name..but they almost named him Xander..im glad they didn't..my good friend's dog is named xander..
You don't remember Sgt Preston of the Yukon... bet Rebecca does Laughing
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:22 pm

thebigscott wrote:I gave all my kids strange names. My oldest is Zaven Scott. Zaven is an Armenian name, and my mom's parents immigrated from Armenia so it was nice to give him some heritage. And of course his dad is named Scott.

My daughter is Kathryn Calypso. Kathryn for my name, since Karen and Kathryn are both derivatives of Catherine. And Calypso for Jacques Cousteau's boat! We all call her Caly, rhymes with Sally.

My second daughter is Zoe Linsky. She was 8 years after Caly, so the bigger two wanted to help name her. Zaven picked Zoe as his consolation prize for her not being a boy. And Caly picked Linsky after a cat called Jenny Linsky in her favorite book series.

And we let Scott name the baby. Lightning Quinn. Yup. Lightning. But Scott's mom had a fit and won't let anyone call him that around her. So we mostly call him Quinn.

After it was all done with I told them I couldn't believe I had forgotten to give any of them Danger as a middle name. So right off Zaven called dibbs on having his kid be able to say, "Danger is my middle name!" Now all he has to do is find a girl who'll let him get away with that.

Absolutly love ever one of those... very orginal, and it's great that you let the older kids have a say in the names... very nice.
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:29 pm

I love all those names too, Karen. Especially Kathryn Calypso. Love, LOVE, LOVE Calypso as a middle name.

I guess I chose simple too, because I have a Wes and a Ben. And even though I only have the two I often call them by the wrong name.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:50 pm

thebutlerdidit wrote:I love all those names too, Karen. Especially Kathryn Calypso. Love, LOVE, LOVE Calypso as a middle name.

I guess I chose simple too, because I have a Wes and a Ben. And even though I only have the two I often call them by the wrong name.

I gave up remembering their names years ago. I call all my kids (boys, too) sweetie. And I call all their friends that too when they're over. They all seem to feel special that I am so affectionate, and none of them have figured out that it's because I can't remember names for the life of me. I know who they are, just not what to call them.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:09 pm

thebutlerdidit wrote:I love all those names too, Karen. Especially Kathryn Calypso. Love, LOVE, LOVE Calypso as a middle name.

Is there a mother in this universal who doesn't go thru all their kids names before hitting on the right one? If so, she must be a mutant!
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:16 pm

My friend Penny just shouts, "You know who you are, and you know what you did, so get in here now and fix it!!!!
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:22 pm

thebigscott wrote:My friend Penny just shouts, "You know who you are, and you know what you did, so get in here now and fix it!!!!

lol!
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:27 pm

bizzeedee wrote:

Is there a mother in this universal who doesn't go thru all their kids names before hitting on the right one? If so, she must be a mutant!

I know I did it.. I used to also throw in my dog at the times name ( Dirk)

Eventually I would jut point and yell YOU!

Even Dirk paid attention...

It didn't help that there were two "A" names and two "C" names.......
kath
kath

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:36 pm

kath wrote:
bizzeedee wrote:

I know I did it.. I used to also throw in my dog at the times name ( Dirk)

Yep, the dog usually makes it in there, too. Sad! Embarassed
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:35 pm

I have a Brett Ryan same initails as his dad.
Matt Logan ( not mathew) same initials as me, and Matt is a simular to brett.

Then we have Rayley Lorena named after BR and I. His middle name is Ray, mine is Lee. and named after the whore on lonesome dove. BR lOVES that movie.. and the whole time I was prenant he watched it when he got in from work in the mornings till he fell asleep. EVERY DAY! ( notice a pattern with the initials?)

And last is Bowdrie Marshall. Bow for short. We had to do the B and an M. Cause Rayley had the R and the L. Bowdrie comes from a louis Lamour book. Marshall, cause its an M. I wanted Landry, after Tom. BUT to do that we would have had to go with Beau. NOT bowdrie. and we really liked Bowdrie. our last name is Byerly so there would have been too many long EE's in his name.

I too can NEVER remember names when I am hollerin so since my kids were born I have called the boys George. both boys and the dog awnser to this. Matt has the nickname of hoover. like the vaccuum, cause as a baby he picked up EVERYTHINg and put it n his mouth.

Family and friends always called them the 'Byerly Boys', cause they are almost identical and so close in age. NOONE can tell them apart. EVEN ME most times..

SInce Rayley came along I have shortened it to 'BYERLY"S! get in here!!' and it works. Smile

I also call Rayley 'Bertha'. It kinda started as a 'big bertha' type thing, cause she was SOOO tiny. 4.13 at birth. and its stuck. She awnsers to it. But it confuses the hell outa people. plus folks cant belive I would name my kids hoover and bertha! Smile

and I swear, I ALMOST named Bow Lighting. as a middle name. cause I was almost hit by it when I was like 2 weeks from delivering. lol

But it didnt go with Bowdrie or Beau. and we had picked that and were working off it Smile

Last edited by chelle on Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:43 pm

I also call Rayley 'Bertha'. It kinda started as a 'big bertha' type thing, cause she was SOOO tiny. 4.13 at birth. and its stuck. She awnsers to it. But it confuses the hell outa people. plus folks cant belive I would name my kids hoover and bertha!

Nicknames can be very confusing for sure. It's best to not even try to explain. There was 2-3 year span of time when my youngest male called me Molly...and I called him Molly too. We called each other Molly.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:49 pm

chelle wrote:I have a Brett Ryan same initails as his dad.
Matt Logan ( not mathew) same initials as me, and Matt is a simular to brett.

Then we have Rayley Lorena named after BR and I. His middle name is Ray, mine is Lee. and named after the whore on lonesome dove. BR lOVES that movie.. and the whole time I was prenant he watched it when he got in from work in the mornings till he fell asleep. EVERY DAY! ( notice a pattern with the initials?)

And last is Bowdrie Marshall. Bow for short. We had to do the B and an M. Cause Rayley had the R and the L. Bowdrie comes from a louis Lamour book. Marshall, cause its an M. I wanted Landry, after Tom. BUT to do that we would have had to go with Beau. NOT bowdrie. and we really liked Bowdrie. our last name is Byerly so there would have been too many long EE's in his name.

I too can NEVER remember names when I am hollerin so since my kids were born I have called the boys George. both boys and the dog awnser to this. Matt has the nickname of hoover. like the vaccuum, cause as a baby he picked up EVERYTHINg and put it n his mouth.

Family and friends always called them the 'Byerly Boys', cause they are almost identical and so close in age. NOONE can tell them apart. EVEN ME most times..

SInce Rayley came along I have shortened it to 'BYERLY"S! get in here!!' and it works. Smile

I also call Rayley 'Bertha'. It kinda started as a 'big bertha' type thing, cause she was SOOO tiny. 4.13 at birth. and its stuck. She awnsers to it. But it confuses the hell outa people. plus folks cant belive I would name my kids hoover and bertha! Smile

and I swear, I ALMOST named Bow Lighting. as a middle name. cause I was almost hit by it when I was like 2 weeks from delivering. lol

But it didnt go with Bowdrie or Beau. and we had picked that and were working off it Smile
You lost me after Lomesome Dove lol!
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:20 pm

Lori, if you think that's bad I once called Sam by the dog's name! They're both very energetic and are always running, but have the sweetest disposition that it seems more natural to mix Sam and Odin's names than it does Sam and Devon's!
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fergui Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:58 pm

I went very simple too with my oldest. He is Billy Daniel. Not William...the country song "I miss Billy the kid" by I can't remember who (lol) was really big when I was pregnant and I liked the common, down-home, American 'Billy' instead of William...it seemed so stuffy. He's 15 now and HATES IT...he says that babies are called Billy and he thinks William sounds more grown up. He even makes his teachers now call him that. I've had to go in to several teachers classrooms and set the record straight when I get report cards and such that say William...that's NOT what I named him!! lol He's talking these days about changing it legally when he's older. We've tried telling him that many grown men are called Billy, but he doesn't recognize any of the names....Billy Dee Williams, for instance. lol

Now my youngest is a little different. We knew that we weren't going to have any more kids (my ex-dh got fixed while I was still pregnant!) so we wanted to honor the 2 important men in our lives, but wanted to keep with the simple, common names. So we started with David....then added Henrick (his father) and Arthur (my gpa). The poor kid....David Henrick Arthur! Funny thing is my ex-FIL goes by Hank and so we didn't know how to spell his name and ended up misspelling it...it should be Henrik. He, on the other hand, loves his name. He thinks its cool that he has 3 and his brother only got 2!
fergui
fergui
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:15 pm

fergui, my dad is a billy. He's actually a Billy Ray, but he goes by Bill and he signs all his important papers William R.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:19 pm

Chelle, it's so cool that you almost named your baby Bow Lightning. We liked it for Lightnin' Hopkins the Blues musician, and also cause it's a rocking kinda name. All the kids' friends think it's so cool. Girls want to date a Lightning, and boys want to be one.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:49 am

I call all the kids I see "dear, or sweetie, or darlin".. I cant remember their names either LOL OR I pick out a nickname for them. Nothing mean, but something that I think of when I see them.

fergui, BR's name ( you know this.. LOL) is Billy Ray. NOT WIlliam Raymond or any such.. its BILLY RAY. His dads name is Elray. So the Ray is a famly name on his side, and me, my grandma, her dad, and on back were Lee's. Smile

BR Doesnt go by Billy or Billy Ray. I dont ever even call him that .. NEVER hve. its BR.. lots of folks dont even know he has a 'real' name. (this is the piney woods, some folks just got initials. Smile )

Tell your son to use initials. Smile

And I know what you mean, Matt not only gets called mathew alot, BUT the pharmacy has it on his MEDS! its not even his legal name!! and I would have never written it on anything. They took it upon themselves to 'make it right'.. stupid people.

Karen, I thought it would be cute. THEN I got to thinking about the possibility of him having a lighting birthmark or somehting, cause of my near miss. LOL I think BR veto'd it so quick cause he was so scared. He doesnt want to rmemeber it on a daily basis! LOL
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:52 am

chelle wrote:Karen, I thought it would be cute. THEN I got to thinking about the possibility of him having a lighting birthmark or somehting, cause of my near miss. LOL I think BR veto'd it so quick cause he was so scared. He doesnt want to rmemeber it on a daily basis! LOL

How close did it come to hitting you???
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:03 am

If he had been born with a lightning birthmark you would have had to name him Harry Potter. I don't care what the family tradition is! babyduckie, question - Page 2 902459
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:12 am

Karen, I dont know, abotu 15, 20 feet at the most. Smile

I wrote about it in the blog about a week ago I think. i know it was during spring break, so it was last week.

LOL rebecca! I never thought about that! Smile
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:12 am

fergui wrote:I went very simple too with my oldest. He is Billy Daniel. Not William...the country song "I miss Billy the kid" by I can't remember who (lol) was really big when I was pregnant and I liked the common, down-home, American 'Billy' instead of William...it seemed so stuffy. He's 15 now and HATES IT...he says that babies are called Billy and he thinks William sounds more grown up. He even makes his teachers now call him that. I've had to go in to several teachers classrooms and set the record straight when I get report cards and such that say William...that's NOT what I named him!! lol He's talking these days about changing it legally when he's older. We've tried telling him that many grown men are called Billy, but he doesn't recognize any of the names....Billy Dee Williams, for instance. lol
lol!
My sister had a boyfriend (a man-friend actually, about 30 years old) and his name was Billy. My other sister and I decided that we couldn't call a grown man Billy and chose to call him Scott instead. Behind his back, not to his face!
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:39 am

Shocked all very confusing!!!!
kath
kath

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:25 am

I have a Saige Riley.... who took up all the nicknames i could come up with... Rylan James well I had a hard time coming up with a nickname for him and given his temperament I started calling him the little shit. Until Saige started to do the same.....
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next