Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~~Questions for JoeC ~ Part Deux~~

+19
chelle
Honey
Connie
Missy
thebigscott
mrschia
arny
BzzAgentJoeC
Knotty
mlking14
Gameface252
Scarlett
tegansmom
chiquita55
Rebecca1340
aundrea2u
tara
JeepMom
Scar
23 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

~~Questions for JoeC ~ Part Deux~~ - Page 3 Empty Re: ~~Questions for JoeC ~ Part Deux~~

Post by Rebecca1340 Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:38 pm

Connie wrote:
I don't understand why bzz would start a Canadian sector if they didn't have a decent amount of campaigns to offer.
I don't understand either.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

~~Questions for JoeC ~ Part Deux~~ - Page 3 Empty Re: ~~Questions for JoeC ~ Part Deux~~

Post by kath Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:31 am

Rebecca1340 wrote:
Connie wrote:
I don't understand why bzz would start a Canadian sector if they didn't have a decent amount of campaigns to offer.
I don't understand either.

Canada is indeed a different story.. and I agree, why set it up if you can't sustain it?

But, I just think that by and large its a good system.
kath
kath
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 1338

http://mckaitsbooks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by moonunit Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:12 pm

My only question is this... if the company is trying to gather more of a pool of influencers and opinion-givers, how come they haven't asked my personal opinion of a product in about, oh, the last ten campaigns? Matter of fact, you'll get a report rejected if you do try to give your opinion, or so I've heard.

I do Pinecone to get my opinions heard, and have never once gotten product to buzz there (they don't even want you telling people what the product is, because it's still in development).

Are they trying to accomplish increased word-of-mouth marketing, or is this market research? Once BzzAgent decides once and for all what THEY want, everything they're trying to do should make more sense, I would think. Right now it seems they have two goals that are sort of in opposition to each other -- the kits are set up for WOM but the rewards and levels are set up for research.
moonunit
moonunit
Bzzing
Bzzing

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:27 pm

moonunit, I think it is a marketing company that likes us agents to think it is marketing research. I mean, think about it, how great would it go over if they were telling us up front, help us make lots of money marketing products for major companies by volunteering to do so for free. They do give us some free product, but not much compared to the return they get for it imho. I know they are a business and deserve to make money, but they are getting us to volunteer to help that goal by putting a spin on what they do that is really not a fair depiction of things.
Honey
Honey

Number of posts : 1859
Honeycomb : 5
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlett Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:49 pm

I think the thing that baffles me most about the whole Canada issue is.. same products that have been offered to bzz are available there. My sister in law was already using the Aveeno positively Ageless Lifting & Firming night cream when I went to bzz her about it.. so of course no report from her. So I guess I'm not understanding why they have such few campaigns for the canadians... it makes no sense.
Scarlett
Scarlett
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2008-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by chiquita55 Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:43 pm

I have to stick up a bit for Bzz Agent on the Canadian issue altho I do feel for our neighbors up North. If the company demographics do not include Canada then Bzz cannot offer their agents the campaign. The company would not be sending any kits for Canadian agents. It does seem that if there are really very few companies marketing to Canada (stupid on those company's part) that they just shouldn't have canadians sign up here. Of course I have no idea how many campaigns Canadians get so even tho it may be way less maybe it is worth it for them to sign up.
chiquita55
chiquita55

Number of posts : 702
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:52 pm

I agree with chiquita. It's a different market here so the demographics are different. Also a company might be trying to expand its division in one country and not the other. I know that I had the Silk campaign here a year before you got it in the US. I'm sure it was probably something to do with them wanting to spend less money and see how Bzz worked in the smaller market before spending the extra money on the US campaign.
I do have to say that it's very frustrating to see how many campaigns a lot of you get in the US while agents up here sit for months with none!
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by trax Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:26 pm

Canada is not that different from the USA. We eat, we drink, and in general, we are merry! Several corporations do business in Canada and in the USA. IMO, it is good business sense to have a head office - Canada and head office USA. OMG, just think what they would save in postage alone!
trax
trax

Number of posts : 1470
Honeycomb : In Hold Mode - Level 6
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3