Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some Shaloha answers directly from Bzzagent

+8
JeepMom
Kate2456
thebigscott
arny
chiquita55
Honey
mrschia
dms07
12 posters

Go down

Some Shaloha answers directly from Bzzagent Empty Some Shaloha answers directly from Bzzagent

Post by dms07 Tue May 27, 2008 7:59 pm

All these answers can be found on your agent page under Shaloha FAQ

Does MyPoints use spyware?
MyPoints does not auto-install any applications onto your computer without your explicit permission. MyPoints offers an optional toolbar that Members may choose to install, but are not obligated to in any way. The MyPoints toolbar does not secretly gather or relay information to any outside source.

MyPoints does use cookies to help their advertisers and themselves to identify you as a MyPoints member. If you prefer not to adjust your browser settings to accept all third party cookies, then MyPoints recommends that you add their advertisers' websites and cookies to your trusted list to ensure that you will receive all of your MyPoints for your purchases. You can find the list of their advertisers and more information on third party cookies at https://www.mypoints.com/emp/u/faq.vm?category=technical_questions.

Can I merge BzzPoints from multiple accounts into a single MyPoints account?
MyPoints requires that each individual user must have his/her own MyPoints account. In order to bring you access to great rewards, we have to ask you to abide by MyPoints' terms and conditions, which can be found at http://www.mypoints.com/emp/u/terms.vm.

What is the minimum number of BzzPoints required to qualify for a MyPoints reward?
A BzzAgent needs to transfer at least 62.5 BzzPoints (500 MyPoints) in order to be able to redeem those points for a reward on MyPoints. MyPoints offers hundreds of additional rewards that can be redeemed for points ranging beyond 1,500 BzzPoints (12,000 MyPoints) – with gift cards starting at 175 BzzPoints (1,400 MyPoints). Agents currently with insufficient points or those aiming for higher value rewards will have a chance to earn more MyPoints Points by participating in the MyPoints program and by staying active in BzzAgent campaigns. We were mistaken when we said on the BeeLog that 40 BzzPoints was the minimum number of points required to qualify for a reward. We apologize for any confusion we caused.

What are my options if I'm under 18 and can't join MyPoints?
You must be 18 years or older to join MyPoints. For those BzzAgents under 18, we have another option for you to redeem your BzzPoints during Shaloha. Please email us at support@bzzagent.com with the subject line: MyPoints under 18!
dms07
dms07
Worker Bee
Worker Bee

Number of posts : 81
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee - Level 6
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Back to top Go down

Some Shaloha answers directly from Bzzagent Empty Re: Some Shaloha answers directly from Bzzagent

Post by mrschia Tue May 27, 2008 8:21 pm

but, but I want bzz trolls, key chains and Bzz Barbie
mrschia
mrschia
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 670
Honeycomb : Level 6~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Back to top Go down

Some Shaloha answers directly from Bzzagent Empty Re: Some Shaloha answers directly from Bzzagent

Post by Honey Tue May 27, 2008 8:23 pm

Hmm, I don't see any answers there, but thanks for posting it fore us. All it says to me is~ this is it folks, like it or lump it.
Oh and I knew they would say they were mistaken. Mistaken, inept, whatever Rolling Eyes
Honey
Honey
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 1859
Honeycomb : 5
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by chiquita55 Tue May 27, 2008 8:35 pm

Well I do see some answers there regarding the 40 points not buying anything. They are back tracking now and saying it is 62.5 points. At least they made that clear. It has also been made clear that the MY Point thing is ongoing and isn't just to redeem your old points but then I don't understand why they are saying that you only had til June 9th to send over your points. If it is an ongoing thing then why is there a deadline? Is that just a way to wipe out alot of people points that haven't been here in a while? I don't like that. And does that mean we have to use all our points on June 9th at MP or lose them?
chiquita55
chiquita55

Number of posts : 702
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by arny Tue May 27, 2008 8:53 pm

I think a little more clarification would be nice..I too wonder if its a one time transfer of points..use them quickly or lose them..

I was under the impression that My Points and Bzz would continue long after June 9th..All reports were given My point, points...I am more confused than ever..
arny
arny

Number of posts : 951
Honeycomb : Level 6 and 33 honeycombs and 0 keys
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Tue May 27, 2008 9:12 pm

All these answers can be found on your agent page under Shaloha FAQ

Does MyPoints use spyware?
MyPoints does not auto-install any applications onto your computer without your explicit permission. MyPoints offers an optional toolbar that Members may choose to install, but are not obligated to in any way. The MyPoints toolbar does not secretly gather or relay information to any outside source.

MyPoints does use cookies to help their advertisers and themselves to identify you as a MyPoints member. If you prefer not to adjust your browser settings to accept all third party cookies, then MyPoints recommends that you add their advertisers' websites and cookies to your trusted list to ensure that you will receive all of your MyPoints for your purchases. You can find the list of their advertisers and more information on third party cookies at https://www.mypoints.com/emp/u/faq.vm?category=technical_questions.

Just checked. There are 558 advertisers on that list. So it's accept cookies from MyPoints plus their partners and one by one enter the 558 advertisers to your safe list as you go to those sites, or change your settings and let any site give you cookies. And I don't like cookies because every bit of memory I have is precious.

Can I merge BzzPoints from multiple accounts into a single MyPoints account?
MyPoints requires that each individual user must have his/her own MyPoints account. In order to bring you access to great rewards, we have to ask you to abide by MyPoints' terms and conditions, which can be found at http://www.mypoints.com/emp/u/terms.vm.

Well, that's kind of what I expected. But it doesn't address the issue of MyPoints freezing one of the accounts.

What is the minimum number of BzzPoints required to qualify for a MyPoints reward?
A BzzAgent needs to transfer at least 62.5 BzzPoints (500 MyPoints) in order to be able to redeem those points for a reward on MyPoints. MyPoints offers hundreds of additional rewards that can be redeemed for points ranging beyond 1,500 BzzPoints (12,000 MyPoints) – with gift cards starting at 175 BzzPoints (1,400 MyPoints). Agents currently with insufficient points or those aiming for higher value rewards will have a chance to earn more MyPoints Points by participating in the MyPoints program and by staying active in BzzAgent campaigns. We were mistaken when we said on the BeeLog that 40 BzzPoints was the minimum number of points required to qualify for a reward. We apologize for any confusion we caused.

So those with 40 points simply won't get rewards without earning additional points. Nice.

What are my options if I'm under 18 and can't join MyPoints?
You must be 18 years or older to join MyPoints. For those BzzAgents under 18, we have another option for you to redeem your BzzPoints during Shaloha. Please email us at support@bzzagent.com with the subject line: MyPoints under 18!

Well, I hope they aren't getting screwed like those with only 40 points are.

Last edited by thebigscott on Tue May 27, 2008 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Tue May 27, 2008 9:19 pm

I know that was supposed to be an answer about the reward for 40, but I just can't buy that they were "mistaken". Because it is so easy to confuse 40 with 62.5 isn't it? I really don't think they were mistaken or lied, I have decided that they were going to give us a higher conversion rate at the time they posted that in the BeeLog, but backed down to 8 and forgot they said 40 pts would earn a reward. I am just guessing on that though.

Last edited by Honey on Tue May 27, 2008 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Honey
Honey

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate2456 Tue May 27, 2008 9:20 pm

Is anyone here under 18? I am just curious what options there being given. It answered a few questions but defintely left many more questions unanswered.

Kate2456
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2008-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Tue May 27, 2008 9:24 pm

Honey wrote:I know that was supposed to be an answer about the reward for 40, but I just can't buy that they were "mistaken". Because it is so easy to confuse 40 with 62.5 isn't it? I really don't think they were mistaken or lied, I have decided that they were going to give us a higher conversion rate at the time they posted that in the BeeLog, but backed down to 8 and forgot they said 40 pts would earn a reward. I am just guessing on that though.

I absolutely agree. They either planned to have a different conversion rate or to work with a different company.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by JeepMom Tue May 27, 2008 9:36 pm

I wonder what the under 18 are getting as well. This just seems like a giant cluster F$&#
JeepMom
JeepMom
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 267
Honeycomb : Level 6 SweetBee
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Tue May 27, 2008 9:46 pm

chiquita55 wrote:............ I don't understand why they are saying that you only had til June 9th to send over your points. If it is an ongoing thing then why is there a deadline? Is that just a way to wipe out alot of people points that haven't been here in a while? I don't like that.

You hit the nail on the head right there. That is the reason. cause they KNOW that folks will just say screw it.

karen wrote:
Quote:

So those with 40 points simply won't get rewards without earning additional points. Nice.

Or they have to play the MY POINTS game. and some of us CANT play the freakin game. I am doing better with firefox (thanks riko) but not great. I still only can get stuff to partially load, or I time out constantly. I decided today to try the coupon thing..

NOPE. just wont work.

but it DOES work from coupons.com.

of course I wont get mypoints for that..
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Tue May 27, 2008 11:07 pm

Wow. They're BS'ing us! I'm shocked! Some Shaloha answers directly from Bzzagent 363723
Oh wait a minute, that's exactly what I expected. The only thing I buy out of that whole thing is that they made a mistake about the 40 points. They were mistaken about us figuring out the conversion rate, I doubt too many of them did the actual math either.
On a personal note, couldn't help but notice that they're ignoring Canada again, but what else is new?
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Wed May 28, 2008 3:50 am

Honey wrote:I know that was supposed to be an answer about the reward for 40, but I just can't buy that they were "mistaken". Because it is so easy to confuse 40 with 62.5 isn't it? I really don't think they were mistaken or lied, I have decided that they were going to give us a higher conversion rate at the time they posted that in the BeeLog, but backed down to 8 and forgot they said 40 pts would earn a reward. I am just guessing on that though.
This just irks me to no end every time I think of it. WTH was the 40 points all about? We had that figure tossed at usa gain and again! Turns out that 40 points plus some other finagling will net you a charity donation. ALL RIGHTY!
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6

Back to top Go down

Post by mrschia Wed May 28, 2008 7:18 am

.......not even a token bzz troll?????

sad, sad day

I am really bummed
mrschia
mrschia

Number of posts : 670
Honeycomb : Level 6~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Brea Wed May 28, 2008 7:24 am

hhhmmmmm....
500 divided by 40 = 12.5 ..........hhhhmmmmmm 8pts Rolling Eyes

500/62.5=8
Brea
Brea
Worker Bee
Worker Bee

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Wed May 28, 2008 7:56 am

Brea wrote:hhhmmmmm....
500 divided by 40 = 12.5 ..........hhhhmmmmmm 8pts Rolling Eyes

500/62.5=8

Uh huh!
Clearly, we were robbed. I believe some higher-up cheaped out at the last minute. I'm hoping they have the guts to reverse this decision before June 9th.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Wed May 28, 2008 8:42 am

10 bucks says Joe gets blamed somehow. which is sad, cause the PR person is supposed to make shitty things look good. NOT outright lie.

NO PR person worth their salt would ever tell a bald faced lie. They cant afford to. being a liaison with the media/public means you have to have a semi trust, and that is the first thing they teach you PR school.
SPIN SPIN SPIN. NOT LIE LIE LIE>

UNless of course you are OJ's PR/Agent. then you have to lie. Wink
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Wed May 28, 2008 8:58 am

I hope Joe only gets blamed if indeed it IS his fault. Wonder who gave him the "40" figure to throw around.

Although I don't see anyone getting blamed, at least not by the hive. He'd be a hero for putting an end to the points system with the least amound of payola on their part.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Wed May 28, 2008 10:45 am

I think we all need to remember that Joe is only one member of the team. He just happened to be the spokesman and I would even say a friend to all of us here. Talking is a big part of his job, but he can only talk about what they tell him to. Who knows what info they gave him to pass along? For all I know they could have told him there would be a reward for 20 points and he upped it to 40! We'll never know because I would assume another big part of his job would be taking the hit for the company.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Wed May 28, 2008 11:13 am

On the other hand I am not ready to absolve Joe. I am not so sure he wasn't part of the committee who decided the new rewards system. It is a small company and I got the impression that quite a few of the employees had input and that Joe was part of the group making decisions. Until he tells us he is only the messenger, I am placing blame on him. Also this is now Wed, this rolled out last Thurs, and he has yet to show up here and say anything to us. I have a strong feeling we may never see or hear from him at this site again No Come on Joe, why not prove me wrong????
Honey
Honey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down