Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BzzAgent in Wonderland.. (new BeeLog Post)

+13
Honey
spiritia
itsirC
mrschia
59pearly
cheyandwysmom
Ender5803
mollysmomma
Lori
thebigscott
Rebecca1340
brandiland73
Scar
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

BzzAgent in Wonderland.. (new BeeLog Post) Empty BzzAgent in Wonderland.. (new BeeLog Post)

Post by Scar Thu May 22, 2008 9:15 am

BzzAgent in Wonderland
Posted by Dave Balter
May 22nd, 2008
Way way back in the very early days of BzzAgent, I’ll never forget a very specific stressful moment in the business. Our CTO, Kurt Overberg, was telling us about a massive modification of our technology that would change how we managed the business. To be honest, I can’t even remember exactly what it was we were doing, but I’ll never forget his nod to Alice in Wonderland as the dozen of us sat in silence, thinking about the daunting change: “Well, down the rabbit hole we go.”

If there’s one thing I’m immensely proud of in this business, it’s our willingness to go down those rabbit holes. To take risks to find out what’s on the other side. That day, we braced ourselves, leapt into the hole, and whatever happened down there, it seems to have turned out all right.

And we’re about to do it again. After nearly a year of researching, debating and building, we’re about to head into another rabbit hole for the business of BzzAgent: the transition of our rewards platform.

I can’t emphasize enough how much of a massive change this is for our system – as you’ve sensed over the last few months of BeeLog posts, there are many, many moving parts and we appreciate your patience as we worked to get everything just right. Much like Alice, we may not be able to see what’s at the bottom of the hole, but we bet it will be tremendously exciting.

So much work has been put in to make this new program be a wonderful experience for each and every Agent. We lived by two credos:

The first was to ensure that the transition from the old system to the new was as seamless and fulfilling as possible. We implemented a ‘no point left behind’ policy to make sure all of the energy you’ve put into BzzAgent so far is recognized and valued. We totally overhauled ranking and tiering to make it simpler, more consistent, easier to maintain your status and be recognized for it.
The second credo was to provide you with immediate and unlimited inventory for ‘thank you’s’ for reporting your WOM activities to us. You’ll find that to accomplish this we’ve expanded the types of reward options we offer. You’ll still be able to earn and accumulate points, but now you’ll find there are always reward options. You’ll also see we added an ‘immediate gratification’ concept, where you can receive a quick thank you immediately from us.
The first change you’ll see is the ability to utilize the points you’ve already accumulated. We looked at many models for doing this and considered every idea, no matter how costly to the business. We had to do this right, regardless of expense, and we wanted you to have the ability to leverage everything you’ve done thus far – but also, to gain from everything you will do in the future. The future system should do just that. We’ve done our best to limit compromises and to satisfy every Agent’s interests and requests, and that necessitated something of a balancing act. With nearly 420,000 Agents, we know some won’t be satisfied entirely, but we hope the overall concept and transition is welcomed with open arms and an open mind.

The changes this morning are only the beginning; there’s much more to come, so whatever your feedback, please keep that in mind!

As always, you remain the reason we are able to do all of this – there would be no BzzAgent without your input, involvement and support, and for that we thank you. So, thanks for joining us on this little adventure.

Now it all begins. Close your eyes, take a deep breath and let’s jump into this rabbit hole together.
Scar
Scar
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 1135
Honeycomb : Honey-Freaking-Bee-Finally!
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Back to top Go down

BzzAgent in Wonderland.. (new BeeLog Post) Empty Re: BzzAgent in Wonderland.. (new BeeLog Post)

Post by brandiland73 Thu May 22, 2008 9:28 am

let me stew on this a bit
brandiland73
brandiland73
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 710
Honeycomb : Five....I think
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://home.comcast.net/~brandihampson/

Back to top Go down

BzzAgent in Wonderland.. (new BeeLog Post) Empty Re: BzzAgent in Wonderland.. (new BeeLog Post)

Post by Rebecca1340 Thu May 22, 2008 9:31 am

Here's what I posted on the blog:
So Dave, are you getting the $2 referral bonus from each agent deposited directly into your bank account? Thankyou so much for forcing us to sign up with a spam/spyware site and taking away 40% of my BzzPoints in the process. You know what the most insulting part about the whole thing is? You and the rewards team tried to be sneaky and underhanded about taking that 40% after most of us had been honest about reporting bzz — even when all the Shaloha secrecy was going on. I guess you must have been hoping we wouldn’t notice, right?
I doubt you care, but here’s a link to what over 300 Agents are saying about the transition. http://bzzz.heavenforum.org/shaloha-is-here-f13/
Now I'm back to not even looking over there though. I just couldn't leave Dave's post alone. I guess the good news is there are lots of Boston area guests here today so I guess someone is watching.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Thu May 22, 2008 10:27 am

Well, his post sounds about right, especially if you substitute the word "rabbit" with "your ass".
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Thu May 22, 2008 10:29 am

BzzAgent in Wonderland.. (new BeeLog Post) 88315 That's so funny Karen!
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Thu May 22, 2008 10:31 am

BzzAgent in Wonderland.. (new BeeLog Post) 88315

OMG!
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by mollysmomma Thu May 22, 2008 10:35 am

too fuuny!!!

mollysmomma
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Ender5803 Thu May 22, 2008 11:12 am

yOU SHOULD PUT THAT ON THE BEELOG "YOUR ASS" BzzAgent in Wonderland.. (new BeeLog Post) 88315
Ender5803
Ender5803

Number of posts : 548
Honeycomb : Level 6 to infinity and beyond...
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by cheyandwysmom Thu May 22, 2008 11:52 am

Good lord, someone stop me from posting over there! It's not worth the time and energy, what I say is bound to be misunderstood and someone will take offense to it, and yet another argument will start, and ..... this is feeling more and more like shablahblahblah to me...maybe I should just log off and go do laundry!

BzzAgent in Wonderland.. (new BeeLog Post) 632338
cheyandwysmom
cheyandwysmom
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Thu May 22, 2008 11:56 am

I hear ya Michelle -- every time I think I'm getting over it, I remember again how they're screwing us and I get mad all over again. I think I'm going to log off for a while myself...
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 59pearly Thu May 22, 2008 11:59 am

thebigscott wrote:Well, his post sounds about right, especially if you substitute the word "rabbit" with "your ass".
afro BzzAgent in Wonderland.. (new BeeLog Post) 902459 BzzAgent in Wonderland.. (new BeeLog Post) 88315
59pearly
59pearly

Number of posts : 848
Honeycomb : Level 6 Sweet Bee - Need 13 honeycombs for next key. Sigh.
Registration date : 2008-05-05

http://acommonstreetpeddler.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Scar Thu May 22, 2008 11:59 am

Oh god Michelle I saw that................HOLD ME BACK!
Scar
Scar

Back to top Go down

Post by cheyandwysmom Thu May 22, 2008 12:04 pm

It's funny, because I usually enjoy his posts, whether I agree with him 100% or not. But this one - come on already!? Is he the self-anointed god of all that is good and right with bzz?
cheyandwysmom
cheyandwysmom
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by Scar Thu May 22, 2008 12:04 pm

Self control has never been my strong point.
*sigh*

I posted on the log Wink
Scar
Scar

Back to top Go down

Post by mrschia Thu May 22, 2008 12:09 pm

grumble,grumble grumble....

breath, breath
mrschia
mrschia

Number of posts : 670
Honeycomb : Level 6~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Scar Thu May 22, 2008 12:10 pm

mrschia wrote:grumble,grumble grumble....

breath, breath

hehehehehehehehehehe
I know the feeling
Scar
Scar

Back to top Go down

Post by cheyandwysmom Thu May 22, 2008 12:10 pm

LOL and I haven't logged off like I said I was going to. We make a great team!
cheyandwysmom
cheyandwysmom
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by itsirC Thu May 22, 2008 12:12 pm

I held myself back and was nice in my post on the beelog today.

Quick, someone come pin a rose on my nose Smile
itsirC
itsirC
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2008-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Scar Thu May 22, 2008 12:16 pm

I DID hold myself back too

flower flower flower flower for everyone!
Scar
Scar

Back to top Go down

Post by cheyandwysmom Thu May 22, 2008 12:32 pm

... I guess I kinda did? Rolling Eyes
cheyandwysmom
cheyandwysmom
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by cheyandwysmom Thu May 22, 2008 1:46 pm

Now there's someone who's under 18 who logged on this morning and was told her bzzpoints are worthless, since mypoints won't accept members under 18. How well was this thought out, again???
cheyandwysmom
cheyandwysmom
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Thu May 22, 2008 1:49 pm

That sucks!
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scar Thu May 22, 2008 1:50 pm

I'm surprised BzzAgent allowed a minor to sign up at all. Suspect
Scar
Scar

Back to top Go down

Post by spiritia Thu May 22, 2008 1:52 pm

how old do you have to be to become a bzzagent?
spiritia
spiritia
Worker Bee
Worker Bee

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-05-08

http://medhatmommies.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by cheyandwysmom Thu May 22, 2008 1:56 pm

It says you have to be 13. Glad I didn't ask DD if she wanted to sign up, her attitude is worse than mine!!! lol!
cheyandwysmom
cheyandwysmom
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next