Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will The New Rewards System Affect Your Reports?

+18
rikostan
babyduckie
Ender5803
idatater46
Honey
Kate2456
DisneyKrayzie
tara
Scar
brandiland73
miley
signingbaby
Lucky
Famof44God
cheyandwysmom
thebigscott
chelle
Rebecca1340
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Will the new system change the way you bzz?

Will The New Rewards System Affect Your Reports? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap8%Will The New Rewards System Affect Your Reports? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 8% 
[ 5 ]
Will The New Rewards System Affect Your Reports? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap22%Will The New Rewards System Affect Your Reports? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 22% 
[ 14 ]
Will The New Rewards System Affect Your Reports? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap26%Will The New Rewards System Affect Your Reports? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 26% 
[ 17 ]
Will The New Rewards System Affect Your Reports? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap44%Will The New Rewards System Affect Your Reports? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 44% 
[ 29 ]
Will The New Rewards System Affect Your Reports? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Will The New Rewards System Affect Your Reports? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 65

Will The New Rewards System Affect Your Reports? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will The New Rewards System Affect Your Reports?

Post by idatater46 Thu May 22, 2008 2:10 pm

I guess so much remains to be seen on how well this goes. I am not happy about this change at all, the future still seems unsure as to what I will do. Gift cards are not bad in my opinion but I wish our points would have been worth more. A lot of hard work went into each of my reports as I do NO one liners. And lately, I have been seeing many of those on the Bzz Map. So can we get away with that too??
idatater46
idatater46
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Will The New Rewards System Affect Your Reports? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will The New Rewards System Affect Your Reports?

Post by cheyandwysmom Thu May 22, 2008 2:32 pm

I admit it - I'll stick with bzz, although since I'm pretty disillusioned now, I think it'll be a while before I get back to full-speed-ahead, if at all. It is true that I never really joined for the rewards, but rather for the PT's. But it just bothers me when companies aren't up-front with people. I know it's their job to put a good spin on what they're doing, but I would have preferred honest, no holds barred answers rather than all the smoke that's been blown around lately.
cheyandwysmom
cheyandwysmom
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Ender5803 Thu May 22, 2008 2:53 pm

I'll be the same just not as motivated
Ender5803
Ender5803

Number of posts : 548
Honeycomb : Level 6 to infinity and beyond...
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by babyduckie Thu May 22, 2008 8:32 pm

I just read at bzzagent that if you keep writing reports those points will be converted until June 9.
babyduckie
babyduckie
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 152
Honeycomb : 6
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2008 10:23 pm

Okay, I have to say my two cents here...

First, I feel like the little kid who was just told there wasn't a Santa Claus. There was soooo much hype from BzzAgent themselves about how awesome the new rewards system was going to be. I was trying to not get all caught up in the hype but it was hard not to since it started over 6 weeks ago.

I signed up for Mypoints and it is similar to point systems in Canada like Air Miles or HBC Rewards or even Shoppers. The thing that really bothered me was that I didn't spend my Bzz Points when I could because I was trying to get to 800 points so that I could get an Ipod for my husband. It took alot of effort on my part to build up my points and I was almost there when the system went down and up cam this whole Shaloha thing.

The thing that really really irritates me is that JoeC and the rest of BzzAgent told us that the new rewards system was going to be "Canadian-friendly". I scoured and scoured Mypoints and didn't find anything that was available to Canadian consumers. It is all for US only stores and/or restaurants. That makes me really really angry!!!!! I feel like all my hard work for BzzAgent is just being ignored. It's like all they care about is the US BzzAgents. Sigh.

I did alot of talking with my husband (who is my voice of reason) and we both agree that the Mypoints reward system just isn't very good. We will probably never use it now and will just work on bzzing like crazy to move up the tiers and to get better campaigns.

I think that I will do about the same number of reports as that is a clear way that BzzAgent grades their Agents. The more you bzz, the better you are in their eyes. This is not my full-time job and I do it for fun. But that doesn't mean that I am not disappointed.

*Sigh*

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Thu May 22, 2008 10:56 pm

Nichellelp, as I understand, MyPoints runs low on some of their rewards towards the end of the month, at busy shopping times of the year, etc. I have read several times today that they DO have rewards for Canadians, but that those rewards sell out quickly. So in this, the hive may be telling the truth.

Also, I would like to defend Joe C. just a bit. Joe's job in the hive is not to make policy. He's in their communications department and simply relates to us the information he is given. Frequently when we ask him a question, he's respond by saying, "I asked... and they said that...." He is not the source of the info, just the conduit. And as far as I can recall, he's answered more questions than all the other agents combined.

Don't get me wrong. I'm totally ticked off about the way we were treated by BzzAgent. And I intend to fight for that lost value, too. But I don't think Joe is the one to blame. I'm hoping that when things settle down tomorrow or the next day, Joe will come here to answer some of our questions and hear our complaints and demands. Meanwhile, I'm going to start to think about what I'd like them to do to fix the problems.
thebigscott
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2008 11:10 pm

thebigscott wrote:Nichellelp, as I understand, MyPoints runs low on some of their rewards towards the end of the month, at busy shopping times of the year, etc. I have read several times today that they DO have rewards for Canadians, but that those rewards sell out quickly. So in this, the hive may be telling the truth.

Thanks Karen for the info. It would be really nice if Mypoints would have that in their FAQ for people like me who have questions. LOL! I will keep my eye out and will try to check it out at the beginning of the month.

Back to top Go down

Post by idatater46 Thu May 22, 2008 11:57 pm

Yes, I think it is rather like don't kill the messenger when it is the message we don't care for. He has a job to do - just like any of us who work outside the home. I am not defending Bzz by any means, but I think he is probably a pretty innocent party where this is concerned. Lets not scare him to death.
idatater46
idatater46

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Fri May 23, 2008 9:32 am

I am not forgiving Joe, no matter how you try to spin it.. No way is he off the hook. We don't know if he helped make these dicisions or not really. Sure he answered some questions, it is his job, but he also lied to us and I am not forgiving that so fast. He said we could see prizes before we bought the key. He didn't say he didn't know and would check or anything like that, he YES. He also said there would be a reward for 40, another lie, and that the new system would be Canadian friendly, another lie. I am sure there are more, but those pop into my head. Sorry Joe, you are not off the hook with me Mad
Honey
Honey

Number of posts : 1859
Honeycomb : 5
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by rikostan Fri May 23, 2008 1:58 pm

I actually do not mind the change to Mypoints. I have never used any of my points because there was never a decent reward, so before this point they were useless to me. Now I will be able to use them for a little something.

You do need to be careful with mypoints though. There are a ton of scams on the site, but if you are careful and use common sense, you'll be fine.

I usually get about 5 emails a day from mypoints, so I set up a rule so anything coming from them goes directly into a separate folder. I just go through the folder every couple of days and farm the points.
rikostan
rikostan
Worker Bee
Worker Bee

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-05-23

http://rikostan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by brandiland73 Fri May 23, 2008 1:59 pm

Great Idea Famer Rikostan.....I will put mine in a seperate folder - they usually just flood in with my other email...then again I just rebuilt my system and I knew I forgot something.

Farming points.....
brandiland73
brandiland73

Number of posts : 710
Honeycomb : Five....I think
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://home.comcast.net/~brandihampson/

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlett Fri May 23, 2008 3:42 pm

I voted I don't know yet. I was kinda hoping the hive would have come out of the hive by now to address everyones concerns.

I guess I'll make a decision once I know if thier going to be able to fix some of our concerns.
Scarlett
Scarlett

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2008-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by idatater46 Fri May 23, 2008 7:58 pm

Well with the offers I have had from My Points already, I know why I quit them a long time ago. You start looking at one thing and it mushrooms into a zillion. Then try to get back to the original offer. I just don't think it will be worth it in the end- I want my points I have so far- but after that- its very uncertain as to my future with Bzz or My Points. I hate all the e-mail I have gotten so far- much too much.
idatater46
idatater46

Back to top Go down

Post by eat_a_cookies Fri May 23, 2008 10:27 pm

I will keep going as usual. That is based on everything at this point. I like the fact that I am now working towards GCs from MyPoints. I know that is a legitimate and valid reward, because I've gotten them before. That is a lot more useful to me than the Kitchen Aid mixer I worked my butt off to get through MyPoints, which never appeared on the site again and luckily my boyfriend bought me for my birthday.

I am really excited to see the new system. I have been a BzzAgent for 4 years now, and have done lots of campaigns, but I didn't like when they created the tiered system. Hopefully this works a little better.

Though I am already a MyPoints user, I don't like the way that BzzAgent went about this. I think we were mislead.
eat_a_cookies
eat_a_cookies
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Sat May 24, 2008 7:47 am

I wrote two reports this morning... I Bzzed yesterday and needed something to do while I was leaking furkids out of my room one at a time so as not to ovewhelm Emmie... that worked out well!

I had a Bzz-op yesterday that was too good to miss. One of my reports was too long, and I got the error message that says to keep it to .. whatever.. 3200? I don't remember....
kath
kath

Number of posts : 1338

http://mckaitsbooks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky Sat May 24, 2008 9:28 am

I had a good bzz like that for Harmony One Remote....I was only 2000 characters over the limit. Had to delete a ton of stuff, but I did get a 5/40. Smile
Lucky
Lucky

Number of posts : 1488
Honeycomb : 6 infinity
Registration date : 2008-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Sat May 24, 2008 9:32 am

I had one before too... if I remember coreectly it only got me a 3/35
kath
kath

Number of posts : 1338

http://mckaitsbooks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sat May 24, 2008 1:16 pm

I'm still Bzzing. I owe that to the companies who provided my BzzKits. But I'm not reporting. The rewards are for our reports and surveys, and since they're shorting me on my rewards, I'm shorting them on my reports.

From the BzzAgent FAQs:

Do you award Agents BzzPoints and access to privileged upgrades because they spread Bzz?

No, we thank them for letting us know about their Bzz. For any word of mouth to be credible and powerful, it needs to be voluntary and not due to compensation of any kind. As part of our social fabric, it's in our nature to voluntarily share opinions with people we know. Since Agents volunteer their time to submit reports and answer polls to let us know about their real word Bzz, we think it's only fair we show our appreciation with exclusive upgrades and BzzRewards.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Muggins Sat May 24, 2008 11:52 pm

I voted that I'm thinking of quitting BzzAgent.

There simply aren't enough rewards available that I'm at all interested in and the number of points required to redeem for even a measly $10 GC at most places (and most are US retailers) is far too high in my opinion. My time is worth more to me than that!

I did quite well with the previous rewards system and I'm sorry to see it go.
Muggins
Muggins
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 249
Honeycomb : Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2