Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

today

+4
edbson
Lori
tara
KellyM
8 posters

Go down

today Empty today

Post by KellyM Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:38 pm

It's been a rather uneventful day today ( I am not complaining)..Lately uneventful is a blessing ...and so I don't jinx myself I am knocking on wood..knock knock..

JJ should be coming home from school soon, poor kid, he had a bad week. He went for a bike ride (this may sound like a tall tale, but I'm not kidding)on Tues to a friends house about 5 miles from here. I had told him to be home at 7:30 pm, he didn't leave his friends house until 7:30. Since he left there too late on his way to come home he was riding in the semi-dark, when a bear came out of the bushes and chased him down the road. Bears usually run away, but JJ must have startled it or ticked it off. He pedaled as fast as the bike would go...a car came along and the bear scampered off, but not before JJ flipped his bike and his cheekbone came down on the handlebars.. He gets back on the bike gets almost to the end of the crossroad and had a bat swooping at his head until he turned the corner on to our road. He finally almost makes it home and he was coming down the big hill and came only about 10 feet from hitting a moose that was crossing the road in the dark down in the gulley a few hundred feet from the house. He came in the door scared out of his wits. Luckily he wasn't eaten by the bear or trampled by the moose and all he got out of it was a black eye...this is just my son's luck lol So he gets up the next morning with a huge black eye and wouldn't you know it, it was picture day..they wouldn't let him do make up day for pictures because they said he wasn't absent..I told him that he could look at his black eye in the yearbook in future years and remember how he got it...it didn't upset him too bad, hes a "happy go lucky" kid. Anyway..the farther into the week we go, the worse his eye looks, even though it's healing..

No plans here for the weekend other than being lazy...I have a sinus cold and have been feeling groggy and sneezy the past few days...so I don't plan on doing much..
KellyM
KellyM
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

today Empty Re: today

Post by tara Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:40 pm

today 88315
That poor kid, and it may not have been funny at the moment but he will look back and laugh. Plus it's one hell of a story Smile
'
I'm unpacking from vacation which was great but not nearly long enough. Philadelphia was just amazing and there was so much more to see that we didn't get a chance too. Everything closes fairly early and after we did the kid stuff there just wasn't enough time for me to see the stuff I wanted to see like the Constitution Center and Independence Hall. Well, we saw them but couldn't go in them. We did see the Liberty Bell, again after hours through the glass and you couldn't even see the crack! Thought hubby was having a heart attack and ended up in a scary ER, he is okay now though. However that was our kid free morning to wander and check stuff out we wanted to see and spent the whole thing waiting and earned a huge bill instead of seeing the historical buildings Sad

Yesterday we did Dorney Park and it was fun! It was nice out, cloudy and cool so the weather could not have been more perfect and we got to do all the coasters plus the kids got to do everything a couple times, we all had a good time.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:12 pm

Today is odd, indeed. I took my "baby" down to colege yesterday, so today I have been in his room all day. I swear, I just now found the floor. I have 3 huge bags of clothes to go to Salvation Army, and I haven't touched his actual drawers yet. LOL Lucky them! I found a bunch of hubby's tools in a drawer, too. He was pretty happy about that!

By the way, I did warn him - anything that was out of place when he left would be gone through by me. I found his stash of rap CDs with explicit lyrics. LOL That's about the only interesting thing except for the general teen boy nastiness of bottles, cans, and unidentifiable JUNK.

I haven't tackled actually doing the floors in there yet. I'm gonna take a break a nd go grocery shopping.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:22 pm

Poor kid!

I have been chasing Xman all day, he walks now, looks like a drunk bowlegged old man, but he is walking. OMG He is into everything now.

Took Bay this morning for her tetanus shot, she wasn't happy about the shot, she was happy she missed a reading quiz.
Xmans Bday party is sunday, so later I will head to wal mart and buy his gift. I have actually bought him 3 or 4 gifts, but I gave them to him already.
He is also sick, and finally asleep, and i DARE someone to call or ring the doorbell.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:49 pm

I'm still working on my sewing project this weekend. I brought the pillows in today and hope to get the last of the blankets finished over the weekend. I also have a ton of cleaning to do. My whole house is a lot like Lori's son's room, LOL. Stuff everywhere. Scott is thinking of taking the two little ones with him to his mom's over the weekend so that the older ones and I can make better progress. If so, we'll rent a few movies to watch as we sort through all the clothes and toys.

I'm so sorry that Rob was sick, Tara. Thank God he didn't actually have a heart attack but it sucks that it happened at all and especially on your vacation.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:21 pm

Bathroom renos here. Lucky for me my dad is doing it so I know it will be a good job and I only have to pay for materials and a few beers!
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by trax Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:21 pm

New toilet installation this morning. It went very well, it works, and it does not leak. We are beaming with glee we were able to do it. Laughing
trax
trax

Number of posts : 1470
Honeycomb : In Hold Mode - Level 6
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:53 pm

Look how flippin' busy we all were today!
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:17 pm

nothing exxciting or out of the ordinary (all my days seem to be ordinary LOL), but Kelly.... your's boys night sound like something out a Stephen King novel,

Lori, were is your "baby" going off to college.

Ebson, I defnitely will not be ringing your door bell!

Trax. we had new toilets (2) put in a couple of years ago, splured, got the ADA heigth toidies and the self closing lids/seats... so very, very nice!
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:24 am

My baby is 3 hours away at Ferris State University. We were just there Thursday, and today DH is going down again. After building a loft here at home, disssembling it, and reassembling it down there we found out that the boys really do need a ladder. So yesterday DH built 2 ladders and a divider that has built-in shelves and a corkboard on each side. We painted them last night and this morning I put the cork on. He's taking those down, and I also found some stuff I thought he should have when I was working in his room. Rather than mail them like I had planned, they're being hand delivered.

Self closing lids on toilets? How does that work? Does that mean hubby can't leave the seat up any more?
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:48 am

bizzeedee wrote:Trax. we had new toilets (2) put in a couple of years ago, splured, got the ADA heigth toidies and the self closing lids/seats... so very, very nice!

Self closing SEATS? NO more wet ass in the middle of the night? I am looking into this.

We have the ADA height privy's, but they are too dang tall for short people, your feet dangle.
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by trax Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:58 am

Oh, I can so relate to dangling feet scenario. lol!
trax
trax

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:11 am

Lori wrote:My baby is 3 hours away at Ferris State University.

Great school... many friends who graduated from there. Big Rapids is such a cool city!

Self closing lids on toilets? How does that work? Does that mean hubby can't leave the seat up any more?

I understand there are some that have sensors that detect motion so open or close... but ours, well you do have to at least start closing by hand... just a finger push and you can walk away, and quietly seat and lid are closed.
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:14 am

trax wrote:Oh, I can so relate to dangling feet scenario. lol!

They're really a tad high for me too, but , now don't laugh, I have a short footstool I just move into place if I'm going to be there for more than a minute... otherwise, my cheeks go numb Laughing
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:08 pm

If you want self closing seats, use some of that 3M command stuff to attach something to the bottom of the toilet lid that prevents the seat from coming up all the way. It'll need to be something that doesn't hurt your back when you're sitting on the toilet, but if you do it right, they'll have to hold the seat up when they pee and once they let go it'll fall back into place.

I had a friend who did that because of her sons and she said it worked great. Once they got in the habit, she just took it back off.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:37 pm

I would need something totally automated, I live with retards.
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by trax Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:40 pm

I think bzz should have a new campaign - toilets. We could all help them out, we seem to have great, vast knowledge of the toilet.

Today, we are working on the hot water tank. The problem has been located. Dearest husband went off to the general store...left me here with a hot water tank....I pulled something out connected to a pipe (it was all rusted out, - I have no idea what I pulled), so I placed it back in there and will tell him when he returns "I think this should come out, right"....then, I will hope for the best - water would be nice.
trax
trax

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:33 pm

Good luck Trax! Women always get blamed.... Laughing
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by trax Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:30 pm

The husband returned, I spoke of what I found - ended up saying - let me show you. Here's the picture - there is not much room, nor light. I am on my knees with screwdrivers in each hand, know-it-all damn near on top of me over me with a flashlight. I go on to explained - this - whatever - should not be here - see, I am going to pop it out. I thought I would have to call 911...he starts in...do not screw it up, I don't have the part..blah, blah, blah...I replied - dear, it is too late, it is popped out.

He picked this thing up and I inquire what is that, he says it is a ferrule. I replied
F A I R E L L E, now is not that just a pretty name for a little girl. He spells it back to me. I replied with major giggles, I have had enough of the 'f' words. I must break.

We took a break, then set up everything to turn the water back on.

All systems are go. We had rust water to begin with (we live very rural on well/septic), alas it comes clear. Water abounds! We have hot, we have cold, and we have a new toilet.

I truly hope there are no plumbing/pipefitting jobs for me tomorrow or else I will have to contact my union. Laughing

Oh, by the way - I was born a plumber/pipefitter/business agents' daughter. I do know a few tiny, tiny, things about plumbing. lol!
trax
trax

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:06 pm

Good for you! Some people (men) seem to think that they are the only ones who could possibly know how to handle a problem.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:07 pm

Go trax!