Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I did something today...

4 posters

Go down

I did something today... Empty I did something today...

Post by bizzeedee Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:00 am

That I haven't done in too long of a while. I spent 3 hours outside weeding gardens, trimming overgrown bushes and a tree,and trimming (hand pullling) along the grass/garden edges. I ache all over (yoga this morning didn't cause any of the way I'm feeling LOL)

But when I finished, I felt so good (and yes sore and a little bite pinkish) and looking forward to a longer time tomorrow doing the same out back in what is a huge garden gone wild!

Then Thomas came and mowed and edged, and our 'weedy' lawn looks so nice....

Thank the Lord for lower temps and low humidity! Working in my yard is like meditation for me Very Happy
bizzeedee
bizzeedee
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

I did something today... Empty Re: I did something today...

Post by Connie Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:25 pm

Woohoo! I bet the yard looks amazing and I am soooo jealous! Will you come weed my nightmare? Please?
Connie
Connie
In Need of a 12 Step Program
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://www.katieshugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:18 pm

I spent some time trimming branches yesterday, but I need to spend a good day outside really weeding and cutting shrubs back. The dog's a good supervisor for that kind of thing, but the kids start bugging me about wanting a drink, being hot, being cold, using the branches as swords... I think I might just plug along a little at a time for now and then really give it a go once they go back to school.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:41 pm

I have an area that I've managed to avoid all summer. It would be a new planting, and it would first involve de-grassing and weeding. Not a big deal except our yard is all rocks. When I get the rocks out there won't be anything left as far as soil so I'll have to bring some in. Plus, I just don't have any plants to put in there once I do get the weeding done. It's full shade so I guess I could just keep dividing my hostas.

Dee- I thought of you slaving over your weeding the other day. I bent down to deal with a lone dandelion. When I grabbed it with my bare hands around the base, the whole taproot came up with a gentle tug. It has been that rainy here. Never seen so many toads, frogs, snakes and snails in the lawn. It's a jungle out there. Or a rain forest.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:41 pm

Lori, if we'd get some rain, it would make it so much easier to pull those weeds... isn't a grand feeling to pull out a dandelion with its taproot in tack? Sort of like finding a 4-left cover.

Since I first posted this thread, I've gotten out for 2 more days... and my back is killing me (even though I sit on a short stool while pulling and tugging), so took today off and instead leaned over toilet bowls, cleaned sinks, countertops, did 2 loads of laundry and spot cleaned the kitchen floor.

I'm kind of thinking working outside is more fulfilling/satisfying Laughing
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down