Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

trying to get myself going this morning...

5 posters

Go down

trying to get myself going this morning... Empty trying to get myself going this morning...

Post by KellyM Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:33 am

I spent the better part of last night catching up on grading JJ's homework and tests (i was a month behind in every subject). I was able to get his History and his Health completely done and up to date. Today I have to tackle his Civics, Literature, and Art. I also have to make a visit to go to a local plumbing place and talk to them about having them replace the shower for the master bathroom here (one of the things I promised the buyer of my place that I would have done). So I have to go talk to them and see if its cheaper to buy the shower myself from Lowes and just pay for them to install it, or if I have them get it from their supplier and install it if it's cheaper. I also have to go pick up JJ's new vocab course plan at my sisters house. At some point I need to go to the hardware store to get a couple wood strips that I need in JJ"s old room. Then I have to start priming (something I was supposed to do last week sometime but I didn't have everything I needed to do it. That's the plan for today. I don't know that I will get it all done, but I will try
KellyM
KellyM
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

trying to get myself going this morning... Empty Re: trying to get myself going this morning...

Post by KellyM Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:54 am

BTW to top that all off it's -25 with the wind chill here this morning..can you say "BRRRRRrrr!"
KellyM
KellyM

Back to top Go down

trying to get myself going this morning... Empty Re: trying to get myself going this morning...

Post by Lori Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:04 am

Just having a list like that really helps as far as getting things done. I'm a list maker.

I woke up with a headache. It feels like the sort of headache I get when I'm trying to kick coffee, but I'm sitting here with my 3rd cup. I have to get into town and back by 11, when our neighbor is coming to fix the washer. Well, he said some time between 11 and 1 - whenever the part gets delivered. If I have time I want to grab some paint chips from the store. Might as well paint when DS is away rather than wait till his crap is all over the place again.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by aurora04 Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:17 am

I had a hard time getting up this morning (no kids, got to sleep in until 9), but I had to get up. Overtime started at work, so I am now working 12-12, so I have to get up if I want to get anything done (need new cell phones). Oh and I hear you with the cold! It is -25C here with the windchill.
aurora04
aurora04
In Need of a 12 Step Program
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 766
Honeycomb : Level 6, Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:23 am

Kinda cold here, in the 40's and I also woke up with a headache....and Bay being a PITA. She missed 3 days of school last week to a virus, and was up late finishing make up work. UGHHH more to come today i am sure.

I would just install the shower myself, I hate paying for stuff like that..
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:39 am

Well, we don't know the first thing about plumbing stuff, and I don't want to play messing with pipes and water in the negative temperatures. That could be disasterous..
KellyM
KellyM

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:45 am

I can see where that would make it hard.
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:36 pm

I agree, I'd install the shower myself. Plumbing is one of the easiest things to tackle. But I'm cheap. I refuse to pay someone if I can fix it myself.

which is why we just put a new front end under BR's truck (Thank GOD for DIY books and the internet), have learned to build chicken coops and buildings, install my own phone lines, and did all 1/4 mile of our waterlines and plumbing. LOL I dont blame you for not tackiling it, most folks in my family wont either.. But their poor too so they call me instead. ROFLMAO!

TOday hasnt been too bad- other than my kids all having alergy attacks. They just stay coughy and runny.
Matt was sick to his stomache this morning at 5:30, the meds and drainage I fiqure.
Rayleys school called at 10- her eyes were hurting, they put some drops in and I told them if she came back to call, I'd come get her. They called at 2.. The kids get out at 3, and I'm 20 minutes away and me and Bow are NOT dressed. LOL
MIL is gonna get her and bring her home so she doesnt have to spend 2 1/2 hours on the school bus.

I did pick up the house, a little.... and have watched a few DVR'd shows, plus, I have played on my farm in Facebook. LOL
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:54 pm

If the weather were Spring weather we might try, but the forcast is calling for -40 tonight with the wind chill and its going to be in the -20s all week and 1 or 2 degrees for the high temps ..not a good time to play around with water and pipes when you don't know what you are doing.
KellyM
KellyM

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:09 pm

LOL- I know, when we were in the 20's for almost a week, BR and I had one underground pipe bust. had to dig it up and put in a patch. we were there maybe 30 minutes and the mud froze before we could cover back up the hole.

I also ended up cracking that pipe a little when I cut it. then when I was doing the busted pipes under my inlaws house (I am the only skinny person who can plumb)- The pipes were so old, they were so cold that I had to be very careful cutting the pipe. I would use a hacksaw where ever possible instead of the pipe cutter. the squeezing action would crack the pipe. But there were some places where I had no choice.

But if anyone does ever decide to do their own plumbing. just some advice. If you wear artificial nails, DO NOT get the glue on them. It will literly MELT them. LOL I found that out the hard way years ago.

Today I get to deal with TWO kids home from school. One had a miagraine last night and an ear ache, the other had really red alergy eyes yesterday and coughed all day.

this morning Hoover (miagraine and earache kid) turned on 'the singing bee' when he woke up at 7, and Bertha Sue was in her room caterwaulin... BR woke up at around 6am when she was in there 'singing' and said "well, I guess SHE feels better".... either that or she was wailing her death song.. that poor child cant carry a tune in a bucket... LOL
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:53 pm

Fake nails are also flammable, learned that some years ago myself.
MINUS 20? Holy crap, I am taking Maine off my bucket list, it was only on there because of steven king
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:51 am

Erin...lol we don't get -double digits all winter long...Usually it's only about 2 weeks in February that are cold like that.
KellyM
KellyM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down