Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Busy morning

+4
KellyM
Lori
chelle
thebigscott
8 posters

Go down

Busy morning Empty Busy morning

Post by thebigscott Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:33 am

I haven't even had breakfast and it's already been a productive day. I just dropped off one of my cats (Hermione) and one of my dogs (Cupcake) at the vets. Both of them are getting fixed. Our other dog is already spayed, but I still have more cats that aren't. I wish I could afford to get them all done at once. But it costs over $100 a cat and we have to get three other cats fixed. In the lifetime of the cat you'll save money, but in the short term it's freaking expensive.

They both had litters recently and Hermione had such a hard pregnancy. She lost weight and scratched herself until she bled in multiple places. I think it was allergies flaring up. Once the kittens were born she was OK but I can't risk her going through that again.

Now if I can just keep up my productive streak and clean the house we'll be set.

What are you guys doing today?
thebigscott
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Busy morning Empty Re: Busy morning

Post by chelle Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:38 am

making a high heel shoe for a cake- making a shoe box with coach on it for a cake,

making a frog cake-

Teachign the kids their lessons-

listening to Rayley cry because she has to clean her room to go to my cousins house. and fixing to give her something to cry about.

and thats about it..
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:54 am

Dealing with a return - dress shoes I got for hubby. I ordered his regular size, but they were way too narrow. Come to find out, the box states Med width, which for men is normally a D, right? Inside the shoe it says it's a C width. GRRRRR!!!

Shopping for groceries, picking up a paint order (DH wants to try to paint a countertop), maybe doing some light organizing/packing for our trip next month.

And the biggest question is, will I be able to continue ignoring the quilt I should be working on for my sister? Or will I finally confront it? Rolling Eyes
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:31 pm

Busy this morning trying to figure out since I homeschool, if I could be eligible to sign up with scholastic for book orders. I'm not quite sure yet, at one point there was a message saying the school could not be verified even though I had checked the homeschool box. Then I got an e-mail welcoming me. So I'm not sure if it went through or not. I requested some book order flyers, which are supposed to arrive in 7-9 days. What I plan on doing is ordering the good priced books from each flyer as I can afford to and put them away for presents and also put some away for a future grandchild. They do have a book order for older kids 7th grade and up, though I don't know yet until I get the flyer if it's anything JJ would read or not..probably not, we'll see. If I do get the flyers, I will find out with my first order whether or not they will let me order. I don't know why I shouldn't be able to, as far as the state of maine is considered I am my son's teacher, and teachers are eligible for the book order program from scholastic...

I can't wait until I have a grandchild to read to someday... I might even make a gift of a book or two to SIL's kids. However SIL Rani, does not read to her kids, and I don't ever see them reading, they are always plopped in front of the TV, or playing their Nintendo DS's (even the 4 yr old plays a DS all the time). They should be reading or be read to, but since I know that they aren't and don't, I wonder if it's assholian to buy them books.

My other SIL Sunny does read to her son Ethan, he isn't old enough to read on his own yet, but he LOVES being read to...so I know he would be thrilled to get some books.
KellyM
KellyM

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:47 pm

It's hubby's birthday today so I got up early and picked up some bagels before he left for work this AM. Grabbed the kids and my camera and went to the bird sanctuary about half an hour from here. I didn't get any great bird shots, but did get some ok shots of a derelict barn and silos and abandoned farm machinery.
I was hoping to catch the meteor shower tonight, but I think it's going to be too cloudy here.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:26 pm

I got up, called Stanley steamer and had them come do my couch/loveseat...they did a good job, it is almost dry and so far doesn't smell oddly.
Went to the Credit union, and tomorrow I have to go school clothes shopping. I hate school colothes shopping more than i think I would hate having my fingernails ripped off with pliers.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:00 pm

I was lazy today, cleaned and did laundry. Spent the rest of the day reading, and relaxing.

I have a friend that works at the Scholastic warehouse. She gives us some really cool books and craft projects.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:10 pm

I'm hoping that since I am considered my son's teacher, and I have to follow the Dept of Educations guidelines, etc, that I will be able to order through them.
KellyM
KellyM

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:14 pm

Karen, good for you for doing your part in keeping the animal population down...it's expensive, but can make a different in animals that might get live as opposed to those who get put down because no one wants them!
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:40 pm

I didn't get much else done today. Picked up the pets from the vet and then mostly sat around feeling yucky. But I'm still considering it a productive day since getting my babies fixed has been something I've been meaning to do for a long time.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content