Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the cake I made this week, and Matts from last week.

+2
bizzeedee
chelle
6 posters

Go down

the cake I made this week, and Matts from last week. Empty the cake I made this week, and Matts from last week.

Post by chelle Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:01 pm

I made this cake this week. Its for a friend of mine that is a deer hunter. she jokingly said she wanted a deer stand cake for her birthday. So I made her one.

Then on opening morning she was sitting in the stand and a freakin squirrel tried to get it, it scared the crap out of her. So at the last minute I decided to sculpt a squirrel and throw it on there. Literly, her birthday was yesterday and this happened yesterday morning. LOL

Everything is edible except the sticks and the deer. I have never 'sculpted' anything, and knew a deer was way beyond my abilities.

For those not familier with deer hunting, the deer is standing by an oat patch. Deer love patches of greens, oats, corn.. whatever. adn the cylender with yellow under it is a deer feeder, typicaly its a can or bucket with a motor under it that you fill with corn, then at set times it spits out the corn, which the deer eat.

I did use fondant for the first time, the stand is made of cake, stacked 3 deep and fondanted then painted. the tin roof is made of gumpaste

all in all this cake was 8 mixes.

I made 4 bowls of buttercream, and used a bag or so of gumpaste.

the cake I made this week, and Matts from last week. Photo010

the cake I made this week, and Matts from last week. Photo011

the cake I made this week, and Matts from last week. Sany0010

the cake I made this week, and Matts from last week. Sany0011

the cake I made this week, and Matts from last week. Sany0012

the cake I made this week, and Matts from last week. Sany0810

the cake I made this week, and Matts from last week. Sany0811

the cake I made this week, and Matts from last week. Sany0812
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

the cake I made this week, and Matts from last week. Empty Re: the cake I made this week, and Matts from last week.

Post by chelle Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:13 pm

welll crap. they are way too big. I dont know why this place screws up pictures so badly.

I'm sorry, but you'll have to go to my blog to see pics of matts cake, and pictures of this cake. I dont have this cake up yet. But will as soon as I can. till then, you can see them on facebook..
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

the cake I made this week, and Matts from last week. Empty Re: the cake I made this week, and Matts from last week.

Post by bizzeedee Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:46 pm

Well I was able to see them fine,just hit F11 to get full screen, and Chelle, the cake it outstanding.. I'm sure you're friend was stunned!
bizzeedee
bizzeedee
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:03 pm

I love Matt's cake, I saw it earlier on your blog. This one is just awesome! I have fullscreen and they are still too big- same thing when I post them. I dunno know either.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:05 pm

Looks great, where do you get your gumpaste?
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:43 pm

Thank y'all very much Smile I had a blast making it. it would have been easier had I actually got to set down and make it, and not had other things going on to cut all my time short on it.

I just buy the wilton crap at walmart erin LOL

and I did post the pictures of this cake on my blog. so you can see full pictures. Smile
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:23 pm

I fixed the pictures here. I think. Can you guys see them right?

That cake is awesome! I bet she loves it.

Last edited by thebigscott on Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:50 pm

you amaze me chelle! you should do this for a living!
agaphmou
agaphmou

Number of posts : 4523
Honeycomb :

Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:06 pm

Thank you Karen Smile

and yes, she did, although she is plotting against me I think.. She keeps swearing she is bringin half of it back to the house.. LOL

Awww agaphmou, thank you, but although there are some really neat things that didnt come out in the pictures (the water looks like its really running, and has white places like rough water, plus it is very shiney and looks real- the camo in the windows of the deer stand and such)
I really couldnt have sold this, there were too many places where it just didnt look profesional. But I did enjoy doing it Smile

Oh and I think the deer stand itsself weighed about 4 pounds. It was a 3 layer cake with fondant. Its foot print was a little bigger than the box of butter that you buy with 4 sticks in it.
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down