Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Made it's way here..

+3
chelle
thebigscott
Missy
7 posters

Go down

Made it's way here.. Empty Made it's way here..

Post by Missy Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:17 am

Everyone's been sick, and now it is Timmy's turn. It was bound to happen. He is in school, and he hasn't been sick in over a year. Woke up around 3 am to him crawling next to me in bed He felt warm, but I thought it might be because he was snug in bed. Woke just before 8 am and felt him again. This time I knew he was sick. He was super warm. But before I could get out of bed to get him some Tylenol or anything, he got sick. Did not get the can to him in time for the first part, but the rest yeah. My poor baby. We cleaned the bed and brought the TV from his room to ours, so he is watching Spongebob right now. Okay, he just got sick again, but luckily in the wastebasket. My poor baby!

I haven't given him anything just yet, because I do not want it to come back up, but as soon as Tim gets the pedialyte and I am able to give him some dry toast, I will then be able to give him some medicine. He is laying in my bed, all nice and snug. This is how I really know he is sick (besides the obvious)- Tim told him that if he can get more sleep, to go ahead. Timmy said, "okay" instead of the usual "No sleep!" lol

So, we will keep him home tomorrow. I will be on and off for the next day or so. Gotta keep him comfy, so I get to lie around with him often today.

He just told me, "Timmy okay, Momma. Stupid water!" awww... poor child!
Missy
Missy
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 2031
Honeycomb : Level 6- The Abyss
Registration date : 2008-04-25

http://www.cafemom.com/home/missmissy

Back to top Go down

Made it's way here.. Empty Re: Made it's way here..

Post by thebigscott Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:36 am

Poor Timmy! Poor you and Tim for having to wake up that way! I hope he feels better soon.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:55 am

Sorry he is sick Sad

Get some fruit cocktail. Give him a teaspoon of the juice. nothing else.

repeat every 10 minutes till he keeps 3 or 4 teaspoons down. Then let him have some of the fruit. if he keeps that down for 30 minutes give him more.

I honestly do use this. With 4 kids I have only had one of them throw up the first helping.

Dont even give him the pedialite while you do this. Once you get him past the nausia you can give him the pedialite, and he wont throw it up.
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by aurora04 Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:13 am

I'm sorry he's sick. I hope he's feeling better soon!

I'll have to remember the fruit salad. I just dealt with this the last couple of days (luckily it was very short lived).
aurora04
aurora04
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 766
Honeycomb : Level 6, Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:15 am

I will have Tim pick up a small can of fruit cocktail and see how that works. It's just once Tim goes to the store, he will drop off everything, and then he has to take the car to a friend's to get worked on. Power steering is about to go, and they need to get to it before it does. Stinks. But at least I will be able to call him if I need to.

He has been drinking water, I am only putting in about a 1/4 cup and having him drink it slowly. It has been an hour since he last got sick, so I am hoping his belly starts to feel better soon.

I had a feeling someone was gonna get sick soon. Just a gut feeling I had, but I thought it would be Tim first because of how he felt yesterday. At least my instinct is good, even if I was wrong on who. lol

He has just fallen back to sleep, so I am hoping that helps him out too. What an angel.

Last edited by Missy on Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Missy
Missy

Back to top Go down

Post by BeachyBum Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:22 pm

The only time Dalton's ever thrown up was in my bed too. I think it's parental initiation!

I'm sorry Timmy isn't well Sad Rest up both of you!
BeachyBum
BeachyBum

Number of posts : 791
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~ 2 Golden Keys ~ Bzzing since 2003
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:57 pm

Aww I hope he is better tomorrow
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:03 pm

Well, I was able to get a nap in, which was nice. Ate a little bit and when I was cleaning up, Timmy woke up. He went up to his Dad (who just left to take care of the car) and told him he feels better.

But now, a 1/2 hour later, he is telling me he feels sick, that his head hurts. So I guess it is time for the Tylenol. and the fruit. yum. :-) Thanks everyone.

Beachy- we had to get a new mattress because about 2 years ago, he was sick for almost 2 months straight. Every flu, cold, stomach bug that went around, he got. And with that, Tim and I had many sleepless nights. And Timmy insisited on sleeping with us, and since his bed was next to ours (we had to live at my MIL's for a bit, in her basement), it wasn't like we could put him back in his own room with stuff. But anyways, he got sick so many times, the mattress stunk, and no matter how much we cleaned it, or tried to shampoo it, it wouldn't work. And since it was a pillowtop, we couldn't even flip it! Tim's Mom got us a new one right before we moved out here, so it worked out.
Missy
Missy

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:41 am

He is still sick. Called him out of school today and when he wakes up, we will see how he is if we go to the DR or not. He and I were up all night. And he kept getting warmer, so I finally got him to take some Tylenol. He cools down a lot after giving him the Tylenol, so it may be hiding what is wrong with him. My poor baby. I am so tired, I got maybe an hour or so total of sleep. I actually did not sleep until Tim got home from work, around 7 am. I was just so worried about my little guy. I still am, so I am gonna try and get some rest so I can continue to take care of him.
Missy
Missy

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:46 am

Rest up, Missy, and try to keep your own health in mind.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:01 pm

It's one thing after another. Tim ran out and called me up near in tears. He had gotten a flat. Fine and dandy, so he changed it. Not even 50 feet later the spare blew! UGH....

Luckily, we have made friends in this town, and my one friend went to go get him. He had to park the car down a not so desireable street, so he is hoping she will just take him to get a new tire so he can change it and get my car back home.

Someone send out a prayer for us please....
Missy
Missy

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:19 pm

I said a prayer, Missy. Made it's way here.. 820607 I know things look overwhelming now, with Timmy sick and you not sleeping, plus having to buy a new tire that you can't afford right now. It will be OK. It will.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:36 pm

praying for you too Made it's way here.. 820607
KellyM
KellyM

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:36 pm

Thank you. I and Tim just both felt so overwhelmed this morning. Luckily, our neighbor did not go into work, so she took him to get a new tire. Thank goodness on that.
To make matters worse though, as he was driving home, he was so upset still that he had forgotten to take the emergency brake off, so he slid down a hill trying to stop. Thank goodness no one else was on the street at the time. He didn't realize it until he pulled into the drive.
He came in, cooled down, and it was my time to run out. Grab some food and some Motrin for Timmy. When I came home, he just let it all loose, and he felt much better. He let me get a nap in so that I could take care of Timmy while he slept. And now is his turn.

Of course Timmy is acting like he isn't sick, but if you feel his body, it is warm. Just gave him some more medicine, and will see how he is through the night. If he can get back to school tomorrow that would be great. He is asking for his teacher and his classmates today. lol

Got most of the house cleaned though, while I was waiting for Tim to get back, and before Timmy woke up (he woke at 11 am-wow), so that is a good thing. I just need to finish 2 rooms and I am done. whoo hoo!

Thank you everyone for the prayers. I was at a loss this morning, and as soon as I hung up with Tim, I was in tears myself. Cause when it rains, it pours. and the irony of it all... it's an actual rainy day today.
Missy
Missy

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:19 pm

I wish I were there to give you a hug. But thank goodness the day is almost over. Tomorrow will be a fresh start.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:34 pm

so sorry its been so bad lately.

have you tried getting the fever down with a luke warm bath? Alot of times, during the day, unless my kids are raging with fever I dont give them meds for it, cause there is a reason for the fever (fighting infection). As long as they are alert and not hysterical or falling apart. (sickness makes them cranky.. LOL) Then come bedtime I will dope them up.

They seem to get better quicker if they just have a low grade temp and their body does its work. Of course I also take each illness differently. I dont have a set in stone rule about meds.

and your doing right alternating tylonal and motrin. thats the best way.

A rub down with rubbing alchohol works too to reduce fever. Or at least thats what my grandmother used to do with us.
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:40 pm

Thanks for the info! He is doing MUCH better. He is a little stuffy, so it is time for blowing his nose and a little Benedryl. Which he didn't seem to mind. lol

But I think I am starting to get a little sick now though. My head just feels stuffed. Could be with all that has been going on though. lol

Well, off to go get some fall/winter clothes from the basement... it totally dipped in temperatures here!
Missy
Missy

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:29 pm

Glad to hear he's doing better, Missy. Now we just have to keep our fingers crossed that you aren't getting sick, too!
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down