Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This made my day!

+3
BuzzNut
Lucky
Honey
7 posters

Go down

This made my day! Empty This made my day!

Post by Honey Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:16 pm

Ok I have been going through a super bad time for many months now. Things are starting to look up, but I am not quite out of my depression. So the other day I decided it might cheer me up if I colored my hair. For years I had one of my daughters put highlights in my hair. I like the kind that has a cap and you pull the hair through with a hook. She moved to Miami though, so for a few years now, I have no one to do my hair. So last summer I gave in and bleached all my hair a lighter shade. I liked it, but of course I had roots showing for some time now. I was ignoring them for a very long time, but finally pulled out a box of hair color on Sun. It was medium ash blonde, but it looked like light drab brown to me n I finished. So on Mon I dug through my stuff and found a highlight kit I bought on clearance. I had not used it because I don't really like the look of the evenly spaced highlights and that was the kind this was. I went for it anyway, but wasn't sure I had done a very good job with it by myself. I did like that I managed not to make lots of lines, but thought maybe I had not put in enough. I was kicking myself for not drying it and adding more before I threw the left over away. So today I was standing in the Post Office going through the trash pulling out coupons people had thrown out (not too proud for that lol) when I heard a lady say to her friend - Hey wait for me. I stopped to look at how pretty that ladies hair is. I looked up and found she meant me Shocked I doubt she knows how much that meant to me, but I am still smiling Very Happy
Honey
Honey
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 1859
Honeycomb : 5
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

This made my day! Empty Re: This made my day!

Post by Lucky Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:20 pm

So let's see pictures!

Always great to get a compliment you weren't expecting.
Lucky
Lucky

Number of posts : 1488
Honeycomb : 6 infinity
Registration date : 2008-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by BuzzNut Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:28 pm

Well, that was a nice surprise. I have found that most things I don't like others do.
I have been having a hard time dealing with mine lately too. My hair was to my waist (natural curly and thick), and I got it cut to my shoulders right before Christmas. I wanted shorter, but a friend of mine who does my hair wouldn't cut it as short as I wanted. She said it would be too shocking.... I'm not sure who would be shocked, cuz I knew I was getting my hair cut.
Anyway, I wasn't happy with that cut, and a few weeks later my hubby seen her and was telling her I was not happy with it, so she called me, and cut it the way I wanted. I still am not happy with it, but I do like it better than the last one. I always want the style I can't have due to my hair being curly. I want the ones that need straight hair to look good.
BuzzNut
BuzzNut

Number of posts : 1737
Honeycomb : Level 6 ....the endless doom
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:39 pm

Lucky wrote:So let's see pictures!

Always great to get a compliment you weren't expecting.

I went and tried to take one of myself, but that didn't work lol. Will try to remember to ask dh to take one when he gets home.
Honey
Honey

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:47 pm

That is so cool, Honey! I would be happy about that for weeks. (And I'm not too proud to snag good coupons out of the trash either. If anyone questions you, just ask them how they'd feel if it was cash. To someone who can use them, coupons are just as good.)

BzzNut, I want pics of you, too! My daughter Caly has wavy hair that can go either very straight or somewhat curly all on it's own and she's had quite a variety of cuts over the years. One of the best ones was a very short bob that was slightly longer towards the front than in the back.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:58 pm

Thats wonderful HOney! Smile

Buznut, I had the same thing happen when I tried to cut my 'under my butt' hair. Noone would just cut it all off. till I called my long time bueatician, early one morning. I told her, Its in a pony tail and I am cutting, she freaked adn told me to get there RIGHT THEN! LOL I LOVE it. I wish I had money to keep it cut like it should be. Wink
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:08 pm

Funny but I have had people not want to cut my hair when it was long enough to sit on too. One time she kept asking me if my husband would be mad. I told her when my hair starts growing on his head, he can have a say. My husband always tells me to wear it the way I like it anyway, so I never consult him on how it will be cut. He always says it looks great when I get a new cut, because he is a smart man lol!
Honey
Honey

Back to top Go down

Post by BuzzNut Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:30 pm

Honey wrote:I told her when my hair starts growing on his head, he can have a say.
Oh my word that sounded like it came out of my mouth...lol

As for my pic, well, I did as Honey did, and that doesn't work..lol
BuzzNut
BuzzNut

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:52 pm

I hope that you who had hair below the butof close to, donated it to Locks of Love when you did get it cut!
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

Back to top Go down

Post by BuzzNut Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:58 pm

I would have loved to, but mine was many layers due to being thick, and it was also highlighted (many times). I have been told in the past they would not accept color processed hair.
BuzzNut
BuzzNut

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:54 am

It sounds like you did a great job Honey. So good to know you did it right! How cool is it to know that random strangers are admiring your hair? I'm living what I call a bad hair life (basically a perpetual bad hair day) so I'd probably be mesmerized by your pretty highlights, too! cyclops
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down