Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whats your to do list today?

+7
trax
thebigscott
aurora04
edbson
agaphmou
tara
KellyM
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Whats your to do list today? - Page 3 Empty Re: Whats your to do list today?

Post by Lori Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:04 am

Well that frickin' pisses me off that there are so many hours to be worked and they don't hire someone in need of a job.

I am playing a waiting game with whether or not my Dad is coming today. He said he would call if he decided to come and he didn't call, but he's not at home to answer the phone so I wonder. Gonna go make up a bed and put my sewing away just in case.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:07 am

It is, I called. I thought it was 13 on 1 off but according to them they have to have one consecutive 24hr period off a pay period (Sun-Sat). They can play with shifts to get around it but they haven't. They are now in week 4 and told to forget about this Sun- they are working that too.

I'm not sure what I am going to do about it yet. I can write a letter and report them. I can do nothing. I may write that letter but wait a few months to mail it. I can do it anonymously but I'm still nervous. I don't want hubby to lose his job. He needs a day off, my kids miss him (he works 2nd, so Saige sees him for 20 mins in the morning), I miss him, and he is just tired, still kicking the lingering flu symptoms, and sick days are a firing offensive- if you are alive you go to work.

On the other hand no one will speak up- All these guys work in constant fear of getting caned for no reason at all. They need a union but they keep firing everyone who tries to start one (his is one of like 8 plants- the only one without a union, but each one is relatively small, 2-3 hundred employees each. So they don't say anything when they are being mistreated out of fear and in turn the company takes advantage of them.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:08 am

That's another part of it Lori, this is the busy season and they are seriously understaffed. Instead of hiring some seasonal employees and training them they just work the guys they have like dogs.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:33 am

Here they cannot find enough people to do the job, and it is a dangerous job. My Dad, is a crane operator, and it is highly specialized. The thing is, the economy is not as bad here as it is other places, there IS work, there are jobs for those that want them.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:41 am

it aint illegal here either. I've seen BR, my father in law, grandfather, all of them work shutdowns or just normal jobs with out days off for months and months. when Br worked haulin logs he could work 7 days a week, 20 hours a day if they called for it. but, now that he works in the oil haulin he has to take a day off after drivin like 72 hours in 7 days. its federal law. you can only be on the road so many hours a day, with so many hours in a week before you take a 24 hour break.

other than the dishes and moppin my house is done.
but I do have to call the DPS office about Br's hazmat. it expires in febuary and it takes an act of congress to get a new one.
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:56 pm

I can't imagine how hard it is to work every day like that. Sad I hate it that companies take advantage.

Chelle, we had a major cleaning of the kitchen over the weekend. We got a ton done, but I still have the rest of the house to do. However, I'm not doing it. At least not today. I need a break.
thebigscott
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3