Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's on your wish list?

+3
thebigscott
cozyasacat
KellyM
7 posters

Go down

What's on your wish list? Empty What's on your wish list?

Post by KellyM Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:50 pm

Hubby was asking me earlier tonight what I wanted for Christmas..normally we don't shop for each other..but this year since I bought all the gifts for his nephews and his sisters, and some for one of the kids, that freed up some of the money he was going to use for those, so he asked for some ideas.

So.if you have a wish list for x-mas, what's on it? It could be something super big, or something small, or even something like a visit from a loved one far away, etc.. Obviously we all wish for health and happiness of our loved ones, friends, etc.. and to have a nice holiday spent with our families..those are a given..everybody wishes for those..

Or maybe your wish is something really off the wall and wacky that no one could ever imagine (chelle, expecting you to throw something in here Smile )
KellyM
KellyM
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

What's on your wish list? Empty Re: What's on your wish list?

Post by cozyasacat Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:59 pm

I want a new roomba.

cozyasacat
Bzzing
Bzzing

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:02 pm

I saw some great wardrobes at Ikea. Our house is an older one and there are only three closet in the whole place. Two of them are only about a foot wide, so there's no place to hang clothes or store stuff (or hide junk). I'd love to get a pair of inexpensive wardrobes, but I'll have to save up. No way Scott would remember how much I liked them.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:33 pm

KitchenAid Mixer. And my desire is to buy it for myself using Amazon gift credits.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:54 pm

Lori wrote:KitchenAid Mixer. And my desire is to buy it for myself using Amazon gift credits.

I kick myself in the butt at least once a week. When we got married, cousins gave us a KitchenAid Mixer... took a lot of counter real estate so kept it on a shelf in the basement.... then when we downsize and moved from MI, sold lots of stuff thru ads posted on grocery store bulletin board, the Mixer was one of those, probably for about $25. There isn't a week that goes by the I don't rue the decision... it would even knead bread dough... but I just deal... won't buy another... just don't have the room.
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:38 pm

I have a Kitchenaid Mixer, and it survived the flood, the beaters didn't but the mixer and bowl did. I ordered now blades from amazon.
I LOVE IT! DH's grandparents died, and noone wanted it so i took it, was Brand freakin new.

My Wish List includes
New pair of custom Converse, mine are old
PS3, mine didn't swim well, and I know dh bought one
New set of silicone baking pans
Para ordinance 9 mm carry custom....
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Connie Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:26 pm

Dh hates this time of year, he asks and I always want the same things. He can't go out and buy them.. so he hates them..

I want the garage cleaned out so I can get to my darkroom, I want the artroom cleaned out so I can scrapbook. I want a massage.

The one money based thing I want is a new pair of glasses. I've had the same pair for eight years now and they just aren't as good as they used to be. Wink
Connie
Connie
In Need of a 12 Step Program
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://www.katieshugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:23 am

I am hoping to get a Nintendo DS and games for Christmas. My hubby, son and I are all into video games. I told hubby I would like a DS so while I am on the go I can play. Like if I am in a waiting room....or waiting in the car while one of the family is in the store..and even at home. I want it mostly so I can play the puzzle type games like Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box, Scribblenauts, etc. But I also wouldn't mind getting The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks for the DS either. I love the Zelda games. I bought hubby a pre-order game for x-mas, it won't be out until Jan 5, but I will just write the official game website on a piece of paper and put it in an envelope and give that to him on x-mas. He bought 2 games that he will have time to play on his Christmas vacation, so he can wait for the one I bought him.
KellyM
KellyM

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:45 am

Bay has informed me that she would like an Ipod Nano/video. I am not sure, she broke her lappie ( it did not survive the drop from her bed to the floor) and she is NOT putting a bunch of music on my computer. I did send her computer in to be fixed, and hopefully they can fix it, and then she can put crap on hers.

Dh is tough, he doesn't do video games, he has been buying tools left and right, and the tings he does need/want he has to get himself.
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:06 am

JJ doesn't know it yet but he's getting a 120gig Classic Ipod..he's going to flip out! He is such a good kid and never asks for anything and never complains....I wanted him to feel special this year and hubby agreed. We put the money aside back when hubby's work decided to do away with the pension plans. They gave everyone a check for the money that had been put into their plans since they became exempt. We bought our fuel for winter, paid off our credit cards, and JJ's gift, we also had to put a good chunk of it in savings because it will need to cover the taxes. It will be his only gift, but he won't care... Hubby also doesn't not want the IPOD stuff on his computer so JJ will have to download all that Itunes crap on his when the time comes.
KellyM
KellyM

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:15 am

I looked at bay's list, it's the Ipod touch that she wants.....still not sure about it..LOL

She would also like her eyebrow pierced....um, no, she is 12
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:20 am

My husband loves his ipod touch. It does a lot of things. Plays his music, picks up internet in wifi areas, has game applications - some are free and some you have to pay for (you can pay with an itunes gift card). You can read books on it, too. Like I said, he loves it.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:26 am

JJ mentioned the Ipod touch or the 120g classic as being his dream gift...he is accident prone..so we figured the classic would be more durable for him...also he's more hard core music listener and the amount of music he could fit on the classic compared to the 8 gig touch (cause that's the one he would have gotten had we gotten the touch) we decided the best bet for him was the classic..

yup Erin...Wynonna bugged for the longest time about getting her nose, her lip, her eyebrow, everything pierced but her ears. First I told her it probably wasnt a good idea, she had her ears pierced twice and had problems, no matter what she used they would get infected, so I told her about the time her nose got infected and fell off, How attractive would she be then? lol..then I told her if she came home while living in this house with anything pierced that I would rip out the earrring, ring, bar...whatever the case may be..Now that she's on her own, it's her choice, her problem...actually suprisingly..she did consider getting her tongue pierced a little while back since she was no longer living here and being repressed. She chickened out because she was worried how much it would hurt...
KellyM
KellyM

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:59 am

KellyM wrote: since she was no longer living here and being repressed...

This cracked me up. Reminded me so much of Monty Python's "Help! Help! I'm being repressed!" LOL The Independent Film Channel had a Monty Python-a-thon last week to honor Monty Python's 40th anniversary so they're fresh in my mind now.

Kelly, if JJ gets his dream gift, I wouldn't go with the 8 gig. They actually have 32 and 64 gigs now. SO worth it considering what they can do.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:17 am

I would SO not get my toungue or nose pierced, or have genital piercing. Those piercings have a much, much higher infection rate and many times they don't ever fully heal. Not fun.

I also advise people to not get tattoos removed unless they are leaving a gang and want to have the gang markings removed. The techniques for tattoo removal actually puts all the ink in your bloodstream and redistributes it all over your body and into your vital organs. The ink is safe for what it's used for, being just under the dermis. But they don't have any idea how safe it is to have it in your blood, and that's exactly what laser removal causes. Make up is a much safer option.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:35 pm

Lori, I LOVE the Monty Python and The Holy Grail movie. "Are you suggesting that coconuts migrate?" lol

We already bought the 120GB classic for him and had it laser engraved with a special message. He wanted either the 120 GB Classic or the 8G Touch...we determined after thinking it over the classic was the better choice for him...it did cost a little more but not much.

Piercings are not for me...nope. I do have my ears pierced twice on each earlobe and one in the upper ear that I had done in my teen years..I'm not an earring wearer now though..not very often. I don't know why..I wear little studs once in a while. If I wear anything bigger than a stud I feel like I have two hubcaps hanging from my ears. I would never consider getting anything else pierced.
KellyM
KellyM

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:41 pm

I'd be happy for a subscription of Yoga Jornal, or any other Yoga magazine! I don't want for or ask for much... Heck, if I want something, I just go buy it... which leaves Chuck with little to buy me for Christmas (but it works both ways LOL)

It's hell getting older!
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:23 pm

I have a friend who had a couple of tats surgically removed, because his Dr would not do the laser. I had a small one removed with a laser, and you honestly cannot tell it was ever there...however, I am now sensitive to hair color and other things that never bothered me before....go figure.
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:27 pm

It bothers me that so many Drs. aren't bothering to warn people before they have this done. I'm sure a small one would be safe, and I know that removing gang tattoos is documented to improve your chances for a longer life, but some people are having large ones removed for vanity's sake and no one tells them that the dyes are just going into their body.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:33 pm

I agree, mine was tiny, smaller than a dime...
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down