Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

whats the weirdest thing you LOVE to eat.

+11
Missy
edbson
maryt288
KellyM
trax
Rebecca1340
Lori
tara
BeachyBum
Sharon
chelle
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

whats the weirdest thing you LOVE to eat. Empty whats the weirdest thing you LOVE to eat.

Post by chelle Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:20 am

I know we all eat some funny stuff. I am betting that y'all eat lots of things I wouldnt even think about putting anywhere near my kitchen. But I dont really mean pork chops and kiwi syrup. more like what do you mix that normal folks wouldnt mix.

LIke I know most of y'all would not eat a squirrel, (really good by the way), might not even eat aligator (dont like it, its greasy) or even deer (OMG, its to die for.. and dip some in some sugar cane syrup with breakfast... ohhh I could die.. ) BUT, thats normal stuff.. I mean I wont eat liver. or brain, or tripe..

BUT, I am thinking more odd stuff.

Like right now I am eating pringles chips, and dipping them in peanut butter and pace picante sauce. This grosses my husband out. and NO I am not pregnant. I have just ate this for years.

I also salt all my fruits. oranges, apples, pickles, cucumbers, tomatoes,
( I didnt think that this was wierd till the other day I got a fruit salad thingy at the school and salted it.. freaked out all the healthy people..)

so what is your 'indulgence?"
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

whats the weirdest thing you LOVE to eat. Empty Re: whats the weirdest thing you LOVE to eat.

Post by Sharon Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:56 am

Yes your right (LOL) would never eat a squirrel or a gator or deer meat --sorry to say --- Living in the Boston area we don't see that types of food.. Every once in awhile you may see a deer in the back of a truck and I am sorry to say it saddens me...

Here in New England area it's all about seafood like steamers -fish-crab-lobster -which I don't eat either- I can't seem for the life of me to gag a steamer down!

But I do like cucumber sandwiches -toast the bread -smear mayo on the toast and slice up a cuke and there you have it -- it is so yummy it could make your brains fall out (LOL)!!!

I also like frozen pizza with pickles on it --only frozen pizza not fresh pizza....
Sharon
Sharon
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Number of posts : 319
Honeycomb : level 6 -1 gold keys
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

whats the weirdest thing you LOVE to eat. Empty Re: whats the weirdest thing you LOVE to eat.

Post by BeachyBum Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:05 am

Peanut butter and bacon on toast!
BeachyBum
BeachyBum
In Need of a 12 Step Program
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 791
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~ 2 Golden Keys ~ Bzzing since 2003
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:09 am

nothing, lol. I am a super super picky eater, especially when meat of any sort is involved. Maybe limes and lemons- I LOVE them, eat them like oranges (minus the salt of course Smile
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:21 am

Maybe pickled stuff. I've eaten pickled bologna, pickled asparagus, pickled eggs, pickled pigs feet, pickled beets...
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:33 am

Pigs feet are real big down here. I just cant go there. and dont eat all the other pickled stuff.. so you got me there! LOL

seafood is all pretty normal. I love lobster and crawdads.

ohhhh peanut butter and bacon sounds wonderful!!
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:36 am

Hmmm... can't say I'd eat a squirrel, but I've got plenty in my back yard burying nuts for winter if you want to come get them!
Deer's pretty good if it's cooked right and I love moose. I'm too far south to get moose very often, but every once in a while my butcher goes hunting and gives me some moose meat with my regular order.
I don't think I eat anything too weird, just at weird times. I love having leftover turkey, stuffing, squash, and mashed potatoes for breakfast. I'll even eat lasagna and speghetti first thing in the AM. Breakfast of champions!
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by trax Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:11 am

Geez, I rightly don't want to make any of you have to rush away but at one time I loved to eat strawberries and ketchup. Makes me gag now, thankful I grew out of that one. I love vinegar/ketchup/salt with french fries. I enjoy a good venison roast (agree with Rebecca, it must be cooked correctly). Every now and again, there is nothing finer than a peanut butter and dill pickle sandwich.
trax
trax
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 1470
Honeycomb : In Hold Mode - Level 6
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:47 am

When I was pregnant I got a craving for this and still eat it today. Make up a box of Stove Top stuffing and refrigerate it. Once it's cold spread it on bread with some Miracle Whip in there and "Walla" you have a cold stuffing sandwich! Yummy
KellyM
KellyM

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:18 pm

Kelly that sounds really good. I should pass that on to my son. He's a die-hard Stovetop fan.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by maryt288 Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:16 pm

I love deer and moose...roast, steaks, burger...you name it:)
I eat escargot, which grosses a lot of people out. I had it once at a restaurant, dripping with garlic butter and thyme, and served with grilled banana! Awesome!
My husband and I both like peanut butter on rye toast. I thought it was disgusting until I tried it:)
maryt288
maryt288
Bzzing
Bzzing

Number of posts : 66
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:01 pm

I eat escargot, I eat raw oysters, I LOVE sushi, and I especially like Nutter butters dipped in cream cheese frosting
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:11 pm

People get grossed out when I say I eat mussels. I don't get the aversion to them.

I have never eated crayfish (or crawdads, or whatever you want to call them) or those crabs that I think they fry up and you eat whole. I want to try them so bad! I am willing to travel to New Orleans to try them.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:24 pm

My Aunt eats this spice cake that has some kind of vinegar sauce (eww)
KellyM
KellyM

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:36 pm

all this seafood talk is making my stomach flop. snails? raw fish? ewwwwwww LOL
tara
tara

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:49 pm

I am hungry, yet not at the same time... lol

This is kinda normal, but I love to mix my mashed potatoes with sweet corn, and then heavily put on pepper.

I like to eat tuna, can of sweet peas and a can of cream of mushroom soup, warm it up and put on toast.

I used to eat scrambled eggs with ketchup, can't do it now.

I like to put crushed red pepper on a lot. Ramen noodles, spaghetti and of course pizza.

I like to put plain potato chips in between the bread of a PB&J. Yummy...

I can not think of anything else at the moment... I am pretty picky on my meats. I won't eat seafood.
Missy
Missy

Number of posts : 2031
Honeycomb : Level 6- The Abyss
Registration date : 2008-04-25

http://www.cafemom.com/home/missmissy

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:52 pm

Heck Lori, you aint gota go to NOLA, come over here to where Erin and I are. We can get you some crawfish Wink

Missy, I mix my mashed taters, sweet corn and them little round peas things..

I also like to put tater chips in my pork and beans.
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharon Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:49 am

What is a crawdad ??

I hear ya Tara --- Everyone in my family eats seafood -I just can't get pass the smell-- growing up on Fridays during lent was fish day-god did i hate it!! I had to sit there until it was done-- so I came up with really good idea out of getting out of eating it.. About after 2 hours or so my parents would leave the dinner table and my parents have a sunken diniing room off the kitchen which when they were in the living room they could not see me -- so i have buried sea food in the plants then after they went to bed dug it up and flushed it down the toliet. In the dining room there are sky lites so I would have the remote control in my lap under the napkin and when they went to the living room and I had to sit at the dining room table for hours until it was done -- so anyway I would use the remote open the skylites and huck the sea food on the roof(lol) it's still a laugh in my family -- but I ended up getting caught - about 3 months later since- dad could not figure out why there were birds on the roof and him being a roofer went on the roof and saw food up there-- so after that I never had to eat it again.. You would think (now that I look back and now that I have kids) that after about Oh I don't KNOW the 4th time or so when your kid is screaming she hates it and starts to gag that would be a tell tale sign there not going to eat it.. (LOL) I never make my kids eat anything they don't want to.. Since over the seafood deal growing up -I have been scarred for life!!! (LOL)

Last edited by Sharon on Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:59 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added another sentance)
Sharon
Sharon
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharon Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:56 am

lori-- pickled pigs feet -- My aunt Sophie loved them she always had a jar of them in her frig right next to MOXIE cans....

Last edited by Sharon on Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)
Sharon
Sharon
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Back to top Go down

Post by cens0rship Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:58 am

Well it's not so much a weird food but a weird way to eat food. When I get a hamburger at a restaurant or fast food place .. I have to eat it in layers. It just tastes better that way.

Crawdads are so good! Mmmmmm.
cens0rship
cens0rship
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 175
Honeycomb : Level 3
Registration date : 2008-10-07

http://shessupercrafty.etsy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:58 am

LMAO Sharon, that's too funny. I only remember being forced once, my parents insisted that I eat the shrimp for dinner- I argued and fought, they insisted, I puked on my plate. End of story, they NEVER pushed the issue again.
tara
tara

Back to top Go down

Post by chjoed Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:40 pm

I love sliced onion with shredded lettuce with melt mozza cheese on it
chjoed
chjoed
Worker Bee
Worker Bee

Number of posts : 122
Honeycomb : Social Bee Level 5
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:49 pm

Crawfish ( crawdad)= little lobster things, Best consumed boiled and spicy with copious amounts of beer.

" Those crabs you eat whole" BBQ'd crabs = Softshell crab, in it's moulting state, actually fried whole with BBQ seasoning on them....yummy.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by babyduckie Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:04 pm

tuna fish sandwich with corn chips and cabbage kimchee inside it. Yummy
babyduckie
babyduckie
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 152
Honeycomb : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:13 pm

crawdads, they are also called mud bugs. cause sometimes you can find them in holes they dig in the soft mud. They are about 4 inches or maybe 5 long

you eat the tails, sometimes you can crack the claws and eat the meat out of them, you boil them in spicey spicey water. and lots of folks suck the heads. (thats where all the flavor goes)

I really dont like seafood, so very little of it do I eat.

Oh back to weird foods. I also put frito's on a bologna sandwich, and tater chips on a tunafish sandwhich (which I DONT put celery in, or ONions, I use apples instead. )
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next