Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

so whats up with Capri Sun?

+3
edbson
Lori
chelle
7 posters

Go down

so whats up with Capri Sun? Empty so whats up with Capri Sun?

Post by chelle Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:12 am

so from what I understand, someone got a capri sun, it had nasty in it, they put it out to the world, and now capri sun has had it tested and its 'just mold'.

I dont buy capri suns. AT ALL. I dont like the water gun potential they have, nor do I like the nasty sticky mess.

but now people are saying they are made in china... Uhhhmmmm HELLO- dont get me wrong, half my shit comes from china, but I am not buying food products from china. I dont even like buying fruit/veggies from mexico- (you know what their main fertilizer is dont you?? )

I am nto a health nut, I am not a freak about much things, I do prefer healthy, but mostly I go for cheaper. Like in the instance of lots of boxed premade stuff I used to buy and make as staples of our diet. I chose to stop buying them due to cost. But damn the perservatives in stuff like mac and cheese. Money has started to dictate alot of the purchaces I make, but I seem to be eating less proccessed foods in favor of what I can grow.

Dont get me wrong. Taters are dug and thrown under the house. Some rot, some get mold, some take sprout. you dig through, get the good ones and throw the rest to the hogs.

I'm not scared of mold, I knwo shit goes bad, apparently this one was leaking, but made in china?? thats my problem, WHY? Not to be a bigot or predujuce, but I really think they are out to kill us. Seriously. they have NO quality control over there- NONE. they are inhumane people on the whole, they dont care about the health of their people or others. Hell, they had almost a whole school/village die or get sick or whatever from lead poisoning, because they dont regulate.
WHY in the hell do companies HERE, who sell HERE insisit on making shit in china?

Am I missing something? my TV bulb is going out and I try to keep it turned off as much as possible. and lately I havent had much time to be on the net. to research the tidbits I read and get the 'whole story'..

Last edited by chelle on Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

so whats up with Capri Sun? Empty Re: so whats up with Capri Sun?

Post by Lori Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:48 am

Chelle, I've been following this on Facebook. They source some of their apple concentrate from China, but it's all made in the USA. The pouch had a hole in it and was leaking and something nasty grew. People see the pictures and they're saying that the "thing" is clearly....fill in the blank: a hand, an eye, a piece of human flesh. It's been entertaining me for a few days now.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:01 pm

I saw the pics too, nasty nasty. We don't do Capri sun, because 1) it is flavored sugar water, and 2) they squirt really well.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:24 pm

I don't buy them for the exact same reasons. But honestly, I don't know what the fuss is over. Any food will rot. I don't think I want to buy anything that DOESN'T rot.
thebigscott
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:33 am

I'm with you Karen on the rotting part.

Capri Sun makes 100% juice that I buy all the time. Not for home but it's the cheapest, easiest option for snack after soccer, girl scouts, or spending the day at the park/beach. I drink diet pepsi likes it going out of style and I bet that a rotten capri sun is healthier than diet soda, or any soda for that matter.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:19 pm

edbson wrote:I saw the pics too, nasty nasty. We don't do Capri sun, because 1) it is flavored sugar water, and 2) they squirt really well.

AMEN!!!! LOL and I beg others not to buy them and waste thier money
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:49 pm

Capri Sun makes 100% juice varieties, so it's perfectly healthy and not just sugar water. And Chelle, didn't you say you drink lots of soft drinks? Those are truely empty calories and a waste of money.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Connie Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:52 pm

We buy tons of capri sun. Katie loves their flavored waters and I have always felt good about them.

The one thing I LOVE about this lady is that she clearly states that things happen, she isn't suing kraft she just wants to know what happened. Nice to see someone who isn't sue happy.. Unlike a respondent on page who screams in all caps that she had a box with something slimy in it..
Connie
Connie
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://www.katieshugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:52 pm

I don't like the squirt factor, and our Ped says no juice at all. We do alot of flavored waters, with little or no calories...I do NOT do artificial sweeteners at all.
I like Wateroos, it's in a box..so not as squirtable, and it has no calories. A little more expensive than capri sun etc, but it tastes good, and is portable.
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:20 am

Lori wrote:Capri Sun makes 100% juice varieties, so it's perfectly healthy and not just sugar water. And Chelle, didn't you say you drink lots of soft drinks? Those are truely empty calories and a waste of money.

She said DIET pepsi....that's what I live on also. At least there are no calories. I feel like I need a diet pepsi with lunch and dinner. Fruit juices have alot of calories,although some may argue that the 100 percent fruit juices contain antioxidants and fructose instead of added sugar,they are still not good on a regular basis especially if you're on a diet
agaphmou
agaphmou

Number of posts : 4523
Honeycomb :

Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:19 pm

I said diet pepsi- it's horrible stuff but it tastes oh so good : )
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:47 pm

I prefer Dr pepper yself, and at $4 a case, I figure it is 12.5 cents each....and I drink 2 a day......fairly economical
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:50 pm

LOL my brother drinks DR pepper too,diet dr pepper though.Personally I don't like the taste
agaphmou
agaphmou

Honeycomb :

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:27 pm

Oh god, no diet...BLECH.
I really don't do any artificial sweeteners, and prefer to not have it in the house. I am convinced they are bad for you....since I have proof and all.
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:10 pm

Connie wrote:The one thing I LOVE about this lady is that she clearly states that things happen, she isn't suing kraft she just wants to know what happened. Nice to see someone who isn't sue happy.. Unlike a respondent on page who screams in all caps that she had a box with something slimy in it..

Amen to that! I hate how people are so eager to sue anyone for anything, and never take into account that accidents happen and sometimes there isn't a bad guy.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:16 pm

I just read an article on facebook saying alot of the fruit juices and fruits have been tested and found to contain high mercury levels! be careful!!
brands included motts,welchs,Dole and more,and they haven't even tested all of the brands!!!
agaphmou
agaphmou

Honeycomb :

Back to top Go down

Post by Connie Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:54 am

Does the blog writer have PROOF of that? Seriously.. if you don't want that crap in your food.. grow it yourself.. I read labels.. I spend hours creating my own grape juice every year and am afraid to serve it to my kid because I am SURE I screwed something up!
Connie
Connie

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://www.katieshugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:59 am

It's not the blog writer there is an actual article,I'll post it.I wouldn't say anything if I wasn't sure.
agaphmou
agaphmou

Honeycomb :

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:27 am

I finally found the article ,here it is for everyone to read,especially if you have kids:

http://www.modernmom.com/hottopic/2010/jun/17/lead-found-in-popular-baby-food-and-juice-products/
agaphmou
agaphmou

Honeycomb :

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:58 am

LOL, yea, I am addcted to caffine. anyway I can get it. Dr Pepper, a gallon of tea with a cup and a half of sugar, coffee. I was raised getting them. - But for the kids There is always orange juice and apple juice in the house. along with milk, water and koolaid.

I detest artificial sweetners. HATE them. I refuse to drink them, and like Erin, I'm convinced they are poison.. LOL

I do buy chrystal light drink mix since BR is on this diet, and the kids do drink it. We do alot of koolaid, and water.

What I eat and drink is NOT good for me. I know that. But I am trying to get my kids meals healthier. I am just convinced that since there wasnt ADHD, autism, as much cancer, as much health problems in general 50-60 years ago, its GOT to be the crap we put in our bodies on a regular basis.

Do you know that at the chicken processing plant if they drop your chicken on the floor, (and they do) they dip it in bleach? I dont know what all they put in the feed- I dont want to know. I do buy commercial feed. and am NOT sure whats in it. BUT anything we butcher is put on a strait corn diet for at least 2 weeks before we butcher it.

But any box of anything you pick up has more words on it that you CANT say or spell than it does actual recognizable ingrediants. Are those things really safe? seriously? or are they altering us?

I wish I could switch to everything being fresh, but, I'm too lazy, too spoilt, and LOVE the taste of the crap you buy. I hate that, but am too worthless to change it. LOL
I try to add as much good stuff as I can. Plus, I make my kids sweat, hoping that gets rid of alot of the toxins that I am shoving down their throats.

I just dont buy alot of convince packaged stuff. I give my kids koolaid, but wont buy those little bottles, (again, a great squirt gun).

hell, I make cakes that have at least 4 cups of CRISCO on them. 4 CUPS. that is NOT healthy. LOL
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down