Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Today

4 posters

Go down

Today Empty Today

Post by KellyM Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:01 pm

Not many people leaving much for comments/posts today. It's probably hot everywhere else like it is here and no one wants to stay in the house. It's 89 inside my house with 90% humidity in the air, its been this way for almost two weeks now and is supposed to stay the same through the rest of the week. I never say this but I am so ready for fall. Anxiously awaiting a PT this week, and something being sent to me for a study this week too, who knows if they will come today or not. I will know because UPS is going to stop here for a backpack my son ordered and the delivery is in transit and on time for delivery today. Maybe if I am lucky there will be more than one package. Still waiting for word on Eagle, it's driving me nuts now because now that we made the decision that we were able to take him in, I am worried that someone else might take him. Not that I want to deny him a good home, it's just that I think we could love, baby, and take care of him better. So since I am awaiting UPS and a phone call/e-mail from Kris about the dog I don't dare leave to go anywhere. Which means I am stuck in this oven. Man I wish I had enough money to buy my sister's house that is up for sale. She has an indoor- in ground pool, diving board and all. I haven't gone swimming since high school literally. What I wouldn't do for a swim right now. I would even consider asking her for a swim except they haven't been heating the pool. I don't even know at this point if they have water in it because they aren't living in the house, and she was talking about draining it so they didn't have to frig with it until the house sold.

So now you have heard all about my day, what are you doing with yours?
KellyM
KellyM
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Today Empty Re: Today

Post by edbson Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:23 pm

I went shopping, took bay to walmart and the mall.
While elaving Wm there was an F1 tornado, freaked me the hell out, and I had 2 screaming kids.....

The thing is we DO NOT have tornadoes, ever.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:34 pm

That would scare the heck out of me, we don't have tornadoes here either...
KellyM
KellyM

Back to top Go down

Post by Connie Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:52 pm

I put in a good 10 hours today and accomplished a LOT. Thankfully it was only in the high 80's here today. My eldest took Katie for a sleepover and dh is working so I have had a nice peaceful evening!

I hope you get Eagle. I know the feeling. There is a pasture behind our house and all summer there have been two horses.. zip and amigo. I absolutely fell in love with Amigo. He is a VERY powerful horse but also has a terrific personality. Last week I heard the owner complaining about him and wanting to just give him away. Like all horses, amigo doesn't like to see the halter and will bolt. Zip on the other hand can be led by the jaw with no halter. I called my ex father in law who has a farm Sun night to see if he would be willing to take him. Last night.. the first time I got to see the owner, he haltered Amigo (who didn't fight) and put Zip in the corral. Next thing I know.. there is some guy with his two girls taking Amigo away.. I was so sad we didnt' get him.

I hope you get Eagle! I also hope it cools off for you!
Connie
Connie
In Need of a 12 Step Program
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://www.katieshugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BuzzNut Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:18 am

I seen on the news about the tornado that hit in the Walmart/Kohl's parking lot. Geez I'd have had a heart attack. I grew up in Ohio where tornado's are pretty common. I have always been scared of storms for that reason.
BuzzNut
BuzzNut

Number of posts : 1737
Honeycomb : Level 6 ....the endless doom
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:07 am

Yeah Connie, still no word on Eagle as of this morning. I am trying very hard to be patient. I love animals, but at this point I am not ready to start on another 16 year commitment. We decided that if the opportunity ever arose that there was a smaller breed dog around Jesse's age (9) and if it was friendly to other dogs then we would make room in our home for another furry kid. This opportunity doesn't come around very often. We have been keeping our eye out for about 2 years now and this would be that opportunity. The fact that we haven't heard from anyone isn't encouraging though. As far as I know though, we were the only ones from my hubby's company to ask for the contact info of the person that sent the bulletin. But it may be that the word was put out elsewhere too...

I love horses, they have such beautiful eyes....
KellyM
KellyM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down