Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My sick dog another UPDATE

+9
trax
Rebecca1340
thebigscott
Lori
edbson
chelle
tara
KellyM
BuzzNut
13 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

My sick dog  another UPDATE - Page 5 Empty Re: My sick dog another UPDATE

Post by BuzzNut Mon May 18, 2009 10:44 am

Just another update.
Sam is still doing good, and acting so much more like himself. He is taking prescriptions meds daily to help his kidneys. Before getting them refilled next month, I am going to see if she will do another blood test to see if it is helping. It is a generic people med, and it is $30 a pop. So if it is helping, I don't mind getting it for him. It is funny though to go to the drug store to pick up a med with his name and my last name and then (DOG) as the name..lol She gave us three refills, and said he may be on this for life. We sprinkle it on his eggs and mix it up, and he CAN tell it is there.

He's still eating good, and going to the bathroom. I haven't had to do any IV's since he had the one at the vet Thursday. That is good, because we were having to get them every two days. He would feel good and then on the second day, he'd start moping around and just sluggish, and we knew he was needing help. He is back to going for his daily walks twice a day, and eager to get out the door. I can't believe he has made such good progress. We almost lost him, and I can't think of what would have happened had we not moved him from the first vet.

We still get emails from his vet asking about him and wanting us to stay in touch with updates for her. I am not real sure she thought he would pull out of it, because his blood work was off the charts, and continued to climb. I would still like to know what happened to him, but I guess we will never know. We have spent almost $800 to get him better.

Thank you all so much for your thoughts and well wishes, it surely has helped and meant alot, and thank you for letting me ramble to get it off my chest.
BuzzNut
BuzzNut
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 1737
Honeycomb : Level 6 ....the endless doom
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Mon May 18, 2009 10:51 am

Wow, that stinks that he may have to be on meds for lfe. I think it's a good idea to get him retested occasionally, just in case he may not need the meds anymore.

I'm so happy that he's doing better. He's a cutie-pie!
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by BuzzNut Mon May 18, 2009 10:52 am

Thank you Lori. Gary says he is eating like a small pony..lol
BuzzNut
BuzzNut

Number of posts : 1737
Honeycomb : Level 6 ....the endless doom
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Mon May 18, 2009 11:51 am

I'm so glad he's finally getting well. And I'm so sorry about the cost. Vet care can be so expensive. Thank goodness you're working now.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content