Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am soo sick...

+3
Rebecca1340
tara
KellyM
7 posters

Go down

I am soo sick... Empty I am soo sick...

Post by KellyM Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:25 pm

Wynonna had to go to the orthodontists today to get her new retainer, the one she had wouldn't fit in her mouth due to swelling from her being on steroids. We went and got the retainer and were on our way home. My dad was driving cause he had some errands to run so we went with him. We get on our road and we are like 3 miles from home. We were going by this house and the next thing we knew, there was a dog right in front of us and we had no time to swerve or stop. It was horrible. We are all animal lovers, treat our animals like our children. We stopped and went over to the dog, Wynonna was hysterical, the man came out and cradled the dog in his arms, his 4 year old kid watching from the porch. My dad was devastated. He kept saying "In my 50 something years of driving I've never hit one animal, and when I do it ends up being someones dog." I helped the man's wife load the dog in their car so he could drive it to the vet (i don't think he will probably make it). We profusely apologised and cried, but the woman said she saw the whole thing happen and knew we couldn't have avoided it (though it doesn't make it any easier). I came home and hugged my dog and bawled my eyes out. Please if you have a dog keep him on a runner or leash if you live near a road...None of us could eat dinner this evening we are all so sick to our stomachs, I spoke with mom to check on dad a little while ago and she said the same, that dad didn't eat becuase he was severely nauseous and jittery. What a terrible day...
KellyM
KellyM
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

I am soo sick... Empty Re: I am soo sick...

Post by tara Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:02 pm

Oh Kelly I am soo sick... 820607

How awful, I know I would be heartbroken in your place too.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:28 pm

At least is sounds like the family understood that there was nothing your dad could have done. I would have felt awful too though.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:29 pm

I felt bad for the man and his wife, I felt horrible for the boy, but what was the worst was how heartbroken I felt looking into this poor pup's brown eyes as I picked him up and to see him hurt so badly. It's just awful. I am a really sensitive person and I just know that I am going to have nightmares and that I will be bothered by this for quite some time..Wynonna too
KellyM
KellyM

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:16 pm

Oh Kelly, I'm so sorry! I hit a dog once, years ago. I had been driving to town and he jumped out in front of my car. I swerved and missed, but just barely. Then on my way home two hours later he did the exact same thing. Only this time there was traffic in the other lane and I couldn't swerve. I was so upset. But he was OK. At least, he got up and ran away. I pulled over and tried to find him but he was long gone. I can't imagine hitting one in front of his family! Sad
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharon Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:36 am

Hi kelly I am so sorry but it was by mistake --- I thought I had hit a german sherpard puppie once and it turned out to be a coyte -- I was freaking out and I went and pulled my husband and my kids out of bed it was like 2am in the morning and I was coming back from my friends house.. It ran out of the woods and right under my car I pulled over and it was trying to get up. I was screaming thinking OMG--then my house was like 2mins away dragged jeff and the kids out and my husband looked and yelled it is a baby coyte get in the car it's mother is looking for it -- then had to go to the police station and they had a truck come and it get -- I felt so bad.. Come to find out from the police that was the 3rd one hit in 2days in the same area --- I also hit a water rat when I was in my 20's no loss there (LOL)
Sharon
Sharon
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Number of posts : 319
Honeycomb : level 6 -1 gold keys
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:56 am

I am so sorry you had that happen I am soo sick... 820607 We are huge animal lovers too. We have 5 dogs, so I am very happy that we don't live on a road at all. We are in the woods. The biggest problem is the UPS driver, for me lol.
Many years ago I took my girls to a parade in town. We were sitting in our car waiting for the parade to begin. There were still a few cars on the road though. As we sat in our car waiting, we saw a little dog be let out of a house on the other side of the street. I watched him slowly walk down the sidewalk, then he went right into the street and a van hit him before I could do anything. No one did anything, everyone just looked, and the van did not stop. I had seen the family had some little girls and I did not want them to come out for the parade and see their dog in the street. I jumped up and ran out and picked up the dog and went to the door. I knocked on the door and handed him to the lady. He died in her arms, but she was thankful I had picked him up. It was very sad! I always wondered it anyone would have done a thing, had I not ran out and got the dog out of the road? It would have upset me way more to keep seeing the parade floats run over it, so I had to do something.
Honey
Honey

Number of posts : 1859
Honeycomb : 5
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:06 am

It's heartbreaking even thinking about it, but Kelly, if the family saw it happen and knew you weren't at fault, imagine how they're feeling. They must be wishing they'd never let the dog get in the road. They're the ones who could have made a difference, although what a dog is going to do is very unpredictable.

My dog has an electric fence, but there are times when even that is no guarantee that she'll be safe. Sometimes the collar has a dead battery and you don't realize it, or the sight of a big juicy rabbit hopping along will make her decide to take the short electrical jolt for the pleasure of chasing it down. She's a hound, and she can't turn her nose off. I see people walking their dogs w/ithout a leash all the time and it amazes me.

Sharon - coyotes do look just like German Shepherds when I see them around here. Sometimes I'm not sure what I'm seeing.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down