Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy news

+5
tara
Connie
Missy
edbson
thebigscott
9 posters

Go down

Happy news Empty Happy news

Post by thebigscott Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:23 pm

For the first time in a long, long time, I have insurance. And we just got it. I was looking over the paperwork today and trying to figure out the Flex-Spending account. Him employer puts in $1500 a year and I was nervous that if the year runs Jan to Dec, the $1500 for this year wouldn't be used and we'd lose it. But I called and they told me they'll roll it over, so if we don't use it this year, we'll have $3000 in the account next year, which is more than our deductable. I'm tickled. I was going to spend it all on over the counter meds if it ran out in Dec, but I'd rather it go towards next year's deductable.
thebigscott
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Happy news Empty Re: Happy news

Post by edbson Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:08 pm

MIL spends all of her on OTC meds at the end of the year. I will never have to buy Motrin, Aleve or bandaids ever again!
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:57 pm

That is so cool! Tim's does not roll over, so we have to make sure it's all spent. We have spent all but $11 of it. But we are okay with that. If we buy something OTC in the next couple weeks, we'll just submit it.
Missy
Missy

Number of posts : 2031
Honeycomb : Level 6- The Abyss
Registration date : 2008-04-25

http://www.cafemom.com/home/missmissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Connie Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:23 pm

Congrats! That has got to be such a weight off your shoulders!
Connie
Connie
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://www.katieshugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:15 pm

That is good news!

I haven't done an FSA yet, I'm scared, lol. I should have for next year they hiked the rates so we have to switch to the lowest level and our deductibles are really high but his employer is also giving 1500 so hopefully that will help.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:29 pm

Thats great!! Smile

My MIL called me, FIL had a major health scare last month. went to the Dr to get checked and have a angiogram or somesuch.. (the one where they go in your groin), well they found some serious problems, so they sent him across the parking lot (lieterly) in an ambulance to the hosp. where they put him in ICU to do a more intrustive thing, and in anticipation of openheart surgery just in case.

well she got in the bills, they were well over 140,000.00 plus 700.00 for the ambulance ride. LOL

So, they were VERY thankful for the insurance, they still have to pay in about 6 grand.

Well, then FIL who NEVER does anything for himself. LITERLY, she lays out his clothes and puts his socks on him in the mornings, was talking to a friend cause they told him to get a sleep apnea test. Friend told him to go to the other big town close to us, not to Lufkin, where his Dr is, and where he was treated for all the heart stuff.

SO, he called, made the appt, and came home and told her he had done it. She got the bill, she owes THEM 4000.00. cause that idiot didnt make sure they were in the network!!
So the ins company paid them 730.00 and that was IT.

I swear, insurance is such an agervating thing. I never could fiqure it out!! And there was no such thing as a Flex spending account when I used to have it.
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Connie Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:51 pm

We don't have a flex spending acct either but I have friends who do and they love it.. ANYTHING that will help is great.. otherwise.. Im in the same boat as Chelle.. no insurance makes our life he** and while we COULD get insurance through dh's work, it would be around $700 a month!!! Which is just ridiculous.. you shouldn't have to work two weeks to ONLY pay for health insurance. It's incredibly aggravating. Thank goodness for the Albertsons doctors... $45 a visit.. THAT I can do.
Connie
Connie

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:09 pm

Oh yes, Connie. We were in that boat for years. I had no insurance even though I could have gotten on Scott's. It would have taken almost the entire paycheck. So we did without. I don't get sick often, but I did get kidney stones so we are still paying on those hospital bills. The only other reason I've been to the doctor in years and years is my allergies and to have babies. I had medicaid for the babies, thank goodness, so the only thing out of pocket was allergy shots. But I saved up for those and it was worth every penny. The good thing is that my allergy shots will be covered under my insurance now and count towards my deductable. And even though the insurance doesn't cover dental, the Flex Spending does. I'm very, very happy to have it.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Connie Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:11 am

You should be! It is so awesome! I am very happy for you!
Connie
Connie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:10 am

That sounds like a great plan. I wish more companies offered a flex plan. We've been lucky, with no major problems since our oldest was in the hospital with asthma when he was young, but DH had a series of hockey "incidents" last winter. He was coaching, and one of the boys jumped over the rail to get onto the ice. His skate grazed hubby's arm, and he says "Sorry coach!". Hubby's arm felt wet pretty quick, and when he looked down, of course his jacket, shirt, and arm had been slit open. Needed a bunch of stitches and a trip to the ER. Then he dislocated his shoulder while he was playing, and still has a huge bump on his shoulder from that. (It's so gross!) Hockey isn't just expensive because of the ice time, equipment and travel. You have to figure ER runs into the final cost.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by crystajewel Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:55 am

wow that's great to hear finally someone got some great news

crystajewel
Queen Bee
Queen Bee