Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy preschool news

+5
chelle
Maggie
tara
Honey
thebigscott
9 posters

Go down

Happy preschool news Empty Happy preschool news

Post by thebigscott Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:56 am

They just called and Zoe will be able to go to the preschool that we wanted. I'm so relieved because it's the same school building as her brother and sister and she really wanted to go to school with them. Plus, not as many extra trips to town!

The only drawback is the home visit is day after tomorrow and I'm just getting over a cold and my house looks like a tornado hit. But they'll just have to get over it. I'm a great school mom. I volunteer and I bring snacks and all kinds of stuff like that. So even if I make a crappy impression with the home visit, they'll come to appreciate my other good qualities in time.
thebigscott
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Happy preschool news Empty Re: Happy preschool news

Post by Honey Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:11 am

Happy preschool news 554303 Great news Happy preschool news 554303
Honey
Honey

Number of posts : 1859
Honeycomb : 5
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:19 am

yeah!
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggie Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:04 pm

cheers
Maggie
Maggie

Number of posts : 1181
Honeycomb : Level 6, 1 Golden Key
Registration date : 2008-03-22

http://moneyandfreebies.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:08 pm

congrats!

I just cant get over this home visit stuff.. it just tickles the shit out of me.

Rayley hasnt said much about the boys going back to school. When Brett went to Kinder, Matt was very upset, but they are like twins. One has never gotten to do something the other didnt. But I convinced him I needed the help with Rayley at home (she was brand new), and made him feel like it was his idea. Mine have never been eligable for prek and I think Kinder is early enough to start school.

Of course when she starts next year I will have 3 kids in 3 schools. all on differnt sides of the town. LOL Then I will have 3 years of that, and when Bow starts kinder at the Primary, Brett will be a freshman, Matt will be in Middle School, and Rayley at the elemetary.

I fiqure by then I wont have to worry about stretching my time between the PTA's. I will either be crazy as a loon and no good to anyone, or gas will be so high I have to ride the horse into town.
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:18 pm

Sounds great! Gload it all worked out!
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:38 am

We had that home visit today. I already knew both the ladies who came because the teacher is Zaven and Caly's swim coach and the aide is the mom of one of Caly's friends. It went fine. The front part of the house was nice and neat, and although the rest was trashed, I had put Quinn down for a nap and so I kept the door shut and told them I was trying to not wake him, LOL. Zoe somehow managed to get herself filthy about 10 minutes before they arrived, but they are both used to kids and didn't care a bit. The funny part came when Zoe kept scratching at her back and finally told me she had an itch and could I look at it. She turned around, hiked up her dress and bent over so I could see her back. And she'd stripped her panties when she went potty just before they came so she mooned us all. They just laughed and really there wasn't much to do about it because all the clean panties were in the room where Quinn was asleep. And even covering her butt for her teacher takes back seat to a sleeeping baby. Later when they asked if there was anything they should be working on with her I said it might be a good idea to work on keeping her panties on, LOL. I would have been freaking out, but I know these ladies. Back when Caly was in preschool I came in and volunteered a lot and even came in at the end of the school year and helped them clean out and repack their storage building for the summer. They were shocked because school was over, but I told them I felt like if everyone did what they could the world would be a better place so I tried to do what I could. Zoe's teacher is one of the ones who I helped that day and I firmly believe that this was a big part of the reason we were allowed to stay in this school system when others were turned away. I never suspected I'd have another kid in her class back then, but it paid off for us in a big way this year.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:06 pm

Timmy does the same thing. I told Tim last night it was a bad idea nicknaming him Nature Boy because it has really stuck! lol

I am nervous on my home visit, but I yet to get a call, and if she knocks out of the blue, I will have to turn her away. Tim sleeps, and we both want to meet her.

But we will see! I am buying some of his school supplies this weekend, and waiting on meeting the teacher for the rest.
Missy
Missy

Number of posts : 2031
Honeycomb : Level 6- The Abyss
Registration date : 2008-04-25

http://www.cafemom.com/home/missmissy

Back to top Go down

Post by BeachyBum Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:20 pm

I'm with you Chelle, these home visits freak me out.

When Dalton started in daycare/pre-school, I just interviewed the school, the school didn't interview me.

Karen, glad everything worked out in your favor!
BeachyBum
BeachyBum
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 791
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~ 2 Golden Keys ~ Bzzing since 2003
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Connie Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:54 pm

Congrats! Im glad the visit went well and is all over!
Connie
Connie

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://www.katieshugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down