Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need some help! My mind is SOOO forgetful! Tara, I know you know!!

+2
tara
chelle
6 posters

Go down

Need some help!  My mind is SOOO forgetful!  Tara, I know you know!! Empty Need some help! My mind is SOOO forgetful! Tara, I know you know!!

Post by chelle Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:34 pm

Okay, Tomorrow Bow goes to get his one year shot.

Which ones are the controversial ones? I wouldnt let him get one at his 9 months shots, (pissed off the dr too) and need to make sure I am up to par on this set.

THanks! Smile

Chelle
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Need some help!  My mind is SOOO forgetful!  Tara, I know you know!! Empty Re: Need some help! My mind is SOOO forgetful! Tara, I know you know!!

Post by tara Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:41 pm

12 month...MMR and the chicken pox vaccine, IMHO. But those are on my list, I don;t know that you guys have the same schedule where you are... is it the same everywhere? I refused the chicken pox all together forever and the flu shot too. There shots were not thermisol free or I would have considered it because the flu can be a huge deal here.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Need some help!  My mind is SOOO forgetful!  Tara, I know you know!! Empty Re: Need some help! My mind is SOOO forgetful! Tara, I know you know!!

Post by chelle Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:12 pm

AHHH chicken pox!! I refused the MMR last time. I will ahve to make srue they dont sneak it in too.

and no, I dont want the chicken pox shot either.

This Dr office (although for the most part I do love them) agervates the hell outa me. I have to ask like 8 times to find otu what shots are on the schedule. GGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRR

Thanks!
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:45 pm

Scott had to be hospitalized with Chicken Pox when he was a toddler. He had sores all over, and even in the whites of his eyes and on the inside of his lungs. They thought he would die. Not saying you have to give this to Bow... just saying to think it over.
thebigscott
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:31 pm

We don't do the MMR or the Pox shot either, and No gardasil, ever. Kristin is seriously considering keeping Xander vaccine free.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:45 pm

Karen, BR got it at 19. It almost killed him. But as a kid he had gotten the gama goblin (sp) shot. It kept him free from even a common cold for years.

I dont really trust the chicken pox shot, partly cause of the ingredients, part because of personal reasons.

I just know too many people who got a small dose of pox as a kid and suffered from it later on (only got one pox, later have shingles as adults, or got a few pox and got the pox as adults cause their body never became immune)

I know that some people get a bad bad case of them, but for the most part its not like that for everyone.
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:45 pm

well, I called in this morning, cause I knew I had to take BR to town around 3 and didnt want to drive in twice. SO I asked to change the time.

The woman (same one I made the appt with) said that we could change it, then asked when he turned one. I told him next thursday. She said I couldnt get his shots till the DAY OF or after he turned one. REFUSED to let me. EVEN though I tried to explain taht my dad will be in that next week, I cant come, after that is Thanksgiving, or preparing for. I will be very busy, or have all 4 kids.

heck, then I get into Dec, where I will be at the school almost every day. On those days I really dont want Bow with me. PLUS on the days I DONT go in for school, I dont want to spend the gas to go back.

By the time I remember that I didnt get his shots he will be 3 years old.. ROFLMAO

seriously, I have been known to forget shots . since my kids are basicly healthy I very seldom ever go to the Dr. So making an appt for no reason doesnt ever cross my mind. LOL

But I am DAMN glad that I called to cancle. I asked the dumb idiot why she had asked me his BD yesterday, and then made the appt. and told her that i had asked the nurse if I could come back before all hell broke loose around here. (I knew my schedule when I went in and got his 9 month shots last month... (see told you I forget...) She had said I could.

so I told idiot all this, "well, had you came in we would have done the shots, but they would be null and void and you would have to redo them the day after his first birthday. "

So, they were willing to take the 200.00 and then insist that the shots were not any good cause he was 96 hours too young... Give me a freakin break...
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:50 pm

Go to the health dept and get them, or the WIC office...they don't charge....
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:57 pm

I heard that before erin, and I called about 40 times to find out when I could get an appt. (for Rayley) ONE time I got someone to answer the phone.

They told me I had to come in and sit and wait, that it was usually a 3 or 4 hour wait, so only bring the kids I really had to. I said okay, when do you open? They said "oh, well you might need to wait till next month, we are out. matter of fact, we havent had any in about 6 weeks. "

Maybe I will try again. I know its hard to come up with the money.. Suprises the hell out of me, that we can 'give a dollar a day' and vacinate 87 kids over seas, but it takes 7 months worth to pay for one kid in the US.. LOL

*I am NOT really complaining about the health system of America. I feel its a free enterprise system and as such we have to do supply in demand.. *
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharon Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:29 am

OMG $200.00 for your child shots?? that is insane..... how can anyone afford that....
Sharon
Sharon
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Number of posts : 319
Honeycomb : level 6 -1 gold keys
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:47 am

That is such bull. I swear, we have so many regulations that people no longer know how to use their brains. But at least you found out in time. What's with the 3 hr wait for shots? I've had my kids get shots at the health dept and they only waited a half hour to get in, then a half hour afterwards to make sure they didn't have a reaction.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharon Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:05 am

I hate to be Nosey but-- doesn't your heath ins cover the shots and you just have to pay the co-pay?? is your co-pay $200????
Sharon
Sharon
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharon Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:08 am

another question in your child's dr office is there a sign that says no child will denied there shots? Here in MA those signs are in the Dr. office so couldn't you just get the shots there for free??
Sharon
Sharon
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:20 am

SHaron, We dont have health insurance, we pay as we play so to speak. which is fine.

And I dont knwo about any signs. BUT, I am not going to go into an office, that is paidfor by the people who use their services and demand mine for free. Do they just have to give me that? with out me paying? I cant go there. At least at the Health Dept you they are a county entitiy, and not a 'for profit' business. I fiqure I will pay on the sliding scale, (if I can ever get in) and it will cost me about 100.00. maybe a little more. That is to offset the costs.

Karen. I dont know. But I have talked to a few people, and they have all said its like that. Heck, at the Dr Office I have waited for 4 or 5 hours to see a Dr. This is about the same. Smile
Other times (very few) I was in and out in 15 minutes. That was how it was lst time. I got a phone call as I was going in, told her I would call her back when I checked in, checked in, called her, they imediatly called me back. we did the weight/height thing, then they put me in a room, I called her back (it was really really important), the nurse came in, 2 minutes she left, said 'the dr will be with you soon" so I called friend back. he walked in the room within 45 seconds. I called her when I left, she was in shock. Heck, as I left I felt that I was in a time warp.. LOL This is the same place where we sat for over 5 hours for Bows 3 day checkup.
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:35 am

chelle don't you get WIC? I thought you could get the shots at the WIC clinic.
If you don't get WIC, maybe you don't know that you don't have to be super low income to qualify. In Texas, for a family of 6, you need only make under $52,540 to qualify. You can get it until your child is 5.
Honey
Honey

Number of posts : 1859
Honeycomb : 5
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:46 am

honey, no I dont. but I do know that a few years ago I tried to get chips for the kids. we made like 50.00 a year too much. LOL and yet insurance would cost us almost 600 a month, so it was a catch 22. LOL

and after seeing that amount, again we make a little too much. Thanks though Smile
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down