Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ouick! Need Morning sickness remedies

+15
KellyM
honcho
59pearly
edbson
Rebecca1340
olivefrm
amybeccaz
Missy
mrschia
chelle
thebigscott
BeachyBum
Lori
tara
Ender5803
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ouick! Need Morning sickness remedies Empty Ouick! Need Morning sickness remedies

Post by Ender5803 Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:02 pm

I have been somewhat MIA since I got pregnant. I had such a hard time getting pregnant and now I am and I am so sick. I have horrible headaches and I am just pooped. I feel like I have the flu. I am looking for some safe remedies OTHER THAN GINGER it makes me barf.

But so far my little peanut has a strong heartrate of 185 on ultrasound so at least he or she is doing better than me.
Ender5803
Ender5803
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 548
Honeycomb : Level 6 to infinity and beyond...
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Ouick! Need Morning sickness remedies Empty Re: Ouick! Need Morning sickness remedies

Post by tara Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:53 pm

I have no advice, sorry Sherry. BUT.... I am thrilled to hear the baby is doing well!
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Ouick! Need Morning sickness remedies Empty Re: Ouick! Need Morning sickness remedies

Post by Lori Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:12 pm

One thing that helped me is drinking lemonade instead of water. It just went down better. If there are particular smells that really get to you, by all means go out of your way to avoid them. With pregnancy number one it was the smell of barbeques...with number two it was the smell of chlorine in drinking water. I've been using a Brita filter ever since.

Some people say nibbling on crackers helps. You've probably tried that already, though.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by BeachyBum Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:19 pm

If you can't stomach ginger, than the lemon drop candy might help.
The sourness of the lemons causes you to produce more saliva, and the saliva helps to neutralize the acids in your stomach.

I never had any morning sickness ... but I've heard that girls are more likely to cause it than boys Wink
BeachyBum
BeachyBum

Number of posts : 791
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~ 2 Golden Keys ~ Bzzing since 2003
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:22 pm

For me, morning sickness acted a lot like hunger pangs. If I didn't eat frequently, I would get so nauseous. But if I ate a little bit at a time and nibbled all day long, I was OK.

I am so happy to hear the baby is healthy! I really, really hope all goes well.
thebigscott
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:30 pm

With all of my pregnancies I was sick all day every day..

Differnt things helped with differnt kids.

McDonalds french fries

Pepermint

orange soda

hot tea

hot coccoa

peanut butter

but I had really weird cravings too.

and I ate ALL day, EVERY day.
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by mrschia Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:56 pm

I have have never tried it, but my sister swears by canned peach juice, the stuff in the can after you take out the peaches.

Congrats again to you
mrschia
mrschia

Number of posts : 670
Honeycomb : Level 6~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:09 pm

I used to suck on butterscotch discs when I was pregnant. I had morning sickness day in, day out, through most of the pregnancy. I also nibbled on crackers a lot.

If I think of anything else, I will let you know! Good luck, and again, CONGRATS! :-)
Missy
Missy

Number of posts : 2031
Honeycomb : Level 6- The Abyss
Registration date : 2008-04-25

http://www.cafemom.com/home/missmissy

Back to top Go down

Post by amybeccaz Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:59 am

Several things: take a B6 vitamin & a unisom pill.

I also drank lemonade as that really helped w/ my morning sickness. Also, for some weird reason, my doctor told me greasy potato chips helped as well.

Umm... Altoids has a ginger candy, try sucking those. Or, make ginger water (slice some ginger off and let it steep in water, then chill the water).

And finally, papaya enzymes. These are really yummy to eat anyways, but they do help w/ the sickness.
amybeccaz
amybeccaz

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2008-04-12

http://www.twocuteblondies.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by olivefrm Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:15 am

What kind of sick is it? do you actually throw up? If you are down right puking this won't help, but Every morning everytime I was preg. (3 times) When I would brush my teeth, It would trigger my gag reflex and I would gag up a yellow bile type substance. After that, I was fine. Mind you It was more that a tablespoon, but not a bowl full. ( just a indication of amount here). I don't know if it will help if you are seriously vomiting. Just getting that stuff out of there helped me tons!

Hope that was helpful, and didn't make you feel sick just reading it.
Sorry if it did.
Hope you feel better.
olivefrm
olivefrm
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 175
Honeycomb : 6
Registration date : 2008-04-29

http://materialgirlstuff.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:10 am

Glad the baby is healthy, but I'm afraid I'm no help on the morning sickness question.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:12 am

Plain almonds worked for me. I had severe morning sickness and a PICC line for fluids. I carried a bag of almonds everywhere I went.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by 59pearly Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:25 am

I was sick all day everyday too. I threw up too, everything. Smell of cigarettes and my hubby's work boots were so prominent it was awful. I ate crackers, just to have something on my stomach. All in all, nothing worked and I gained no weight at all. The doctor said it was all in my head.
59pearly
59pearly

Number of posts : 848
Honeycomb : Level 6 Sweet Bee - Need 13 honeycombs for next key. Sigh.
Registration date : 2008-05-05

http://acommonstreetpeddler.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by honcho Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:22 pm

59pearly wrote:The doctor said it was all in my head.

affraid ohhh I would have smaked him upside his head and said "There now its in your head too!"
I hate Dr's that pull that one.

I was in the hospital for 2 weeks because I threw up constantly. Even zofran didnt help.

We tried...

Dry toast before even getting up...hubby had to make.
B6/B12
Ginger (yech!)
nibbling crackers
sea bands (for motion sickness)

Also if you are taking prenatal vitamins they can cause it...they had me switch to
Flinstones childrens vitamins plus a seperate folic acid. They also have a prescription
one that is meant for people with morning sickness.

Good luck, I feel for you because it SUCKS! But worth it in the end flower
honcho
honcho
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Number of posts : 461
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:28 pm

I had no morning sickness with my son... my daughter was awful and nothing helped. I lived on chicken broth for months simply because it was the easiest in the way back up.
tara
tara

Back to top Go down

Post by 59pearly Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:42 pm

Yep, Honcho, that's what he said alright. I was quite miffed but women's lib hadn't kicked in yet and I had no one to back me up! LOL at your reply. Wished I had thought of it.
59pearly
59pearly

Number of posts : 848
Honeycomb : Level 6 Sweet Bee - Need 13 honeycombs for next key. Sigh.
Registration date : 2008-05-05

http://acommonstreetpeddler.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by honcho Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:59 am

ohh one more tip...if there is a food you really like...DO NOT EAT IT!! Uhh
I cant tell you how many of my favorite foods that I still cannot stand even
the smell of because I got sick on them while PG.
honcho
honcho
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Number of posts : 461
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:10 am

I agree Honcho, lol.
tara
tara

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:56 am

honcho wrote:ohh one more tip...if there is a food you really like...DO NOT EAT IT!! Uhh
I cant tell you how many of my favorite foods that I still cannot stand even
the smell of because I got sick on them while PG.
This is so true! LOL
While in early stages of pregnancy I made dozens of these gorgeous blueberry muffins to help my MIL out with a huge family reunion she was hosting. I still can barely stand to think of them. An awful, sick feeling comes over me, and I can remember exactly what I felt like while I was baking them.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:00 am

59pearly wrote:I was sick all day everyday too. I threw up too, everything. Smell of cigarettes and my hubby's work boots were so prominent it was awful. I ate crackers, just to have something on my stomach. All in all, nothing worked and I gained no weight at all. The doctor said it was all in my head.
Not work boots, but along the same lines, I was hyper-sensitive to the smell of sweat. I could barely tolerate the smell of my husband and my 3-4 year old. Weird!
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by Ender5803 Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:18 am

Oh Lori... now i'M CRAVING Blueberry muffins, lol. Still sick but I have made a grocery list of suggestions and will let you know if any of these things will help
Ender5803
Ender5803

Number of posts : 548
Honeycomb : Level 6 to infinity and beyond...
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:31 am

LOL
Sherry, you are welcome to them. Please enjoy one for me, too!
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:17 pm

when I was pregnant with my daughter (17 yrs ago) I had morning sickness for a long time, these helped me:
-Saltine crackers
-peppermints (I think chelle mentioned these too, they really do work) though the ones that work the best are the Canadian Mints pink peppermint candies. If you can't find these, it would be worth it to find someone who might be able to purchase them for you and mail them to you. (if you look up the natural properties of peppermint, it is a natural remedy for stomach upset) My gram even gave these to me when I was little and feeling sick...
-flat gingerale

actually, still to this day when I am sick and get nauseous I still use these
I never had a day of morning sickness when I was pregnant for my son...
good luck!
KellyM
KellyM

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Momto3 Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:53 pm

I had horrible MS with all of my pregancies and can sympathize with your predicament. I know you said that Ginger makes you sick. I found a Ginger Peach tea from the Republic of Teas that isn't very gingery, but it made me feel better every time I had it while I was pregnant. I also had a friend who swore by the pressure point wrist bands, although I can't remember what they are called.

Hopefully this will pass quickly!

Momto3
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:36 pm

I was told, and it helped me, the trick to saltine crackers was you have to eat them, not onlt before you get out of bed, but before you lift your head in the morning. Once the fluid in your ears moves lifting your head off the pillow, it's too late to help.

Peppermint is good, but you have to be sure to get real peppermints, not just the sugary candies painted with red stripes.

My first child I really had a problem with raw meat. I would take meat out of the freezer, and let it defrost and my husband had to start cooking it when he got home and I had to leave the room, many times actually going outside or upstairs. After it was almost cooked I could handle it.

My second I had terrible heartburn, all 9 months. My baby moved all the time (still does), except when I was in to be checked if he was moving. Shocked They wanted to shock him to see if he moved, and I wouldn't let them, since he moved constantly. They were a bit shocked that I refused. Doh, why shock the poor thing resting for once?

One thing to remember, this too shall pass, and if you are very sick in the beginning it means a healthy pregnancy, so keep that in mind.

If you have lots of heartburn, it just means a full head of hair. geek
Lucky
Lucky

Number of posts : 1488
Honeycomb : 6 infinity
Registration date : 2008-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next