Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well... that home visit..

5 posters

Go down

Well... that home visit.. Empty Well... that home visit..

Post by Missy Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:32 am

Went very well. They were here about 40 minutes. Timmy loves his teacher and the aide. And I do too, they changed the school list down to only Kleenex and Paper towels. Phew, glad I did not do my shopping yet. lol

They got to know Timmy, he showed them all his toys, and then we asked questions. I offered to help out since I am a SAHM, and was told that I can stay with him at school anytime I wanted. First day, Daddy and I are taking him to school, and from there we will see how things go.

Now, I am just nervous about him going to school. How well is he going to be for them? Is he going to be defiant, or an angel? Is he going to eat his lunch (he is a picky eater)? Will he learn as well as the other kids?

First time Mom, and I have not been separated much from him, so guess who is starting to go through the separation anxiety?? lol I just have to remember that this is good for him. To be around other kids is what he needs. And me to have some time for ME is what I need too.

I need to find an emoticon that shows someone biting their fingernails...lol
Missy
Missy
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 2031
Honeycomb : Level 6- The Abyss
Registration date : 2008-04-25

http://www.cafemom.com/home/missmissy

Back to top Go down

Well... that home visit.. Empty Re: Well... that home visit..

Post by Rebecca1340 Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:44 am

I hear ya! We meet Devon's teacher on Tuesday and he starts school on Wednesday. I think for me a lot of it is that I hated school and I feel guilty for having to send him at all. Hopefully he'll like it more than I did and won't get bored with it. I've also managed to stay home through the week with him and Sam and am just not convinced that I'm ready for him to be away from me yet!
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:19 pm

Don't worry Missy. If he has a good teacher, he will most likely love it. My kids always did.

I also did the volunteering and I would recommend that you pick one day of the week that will be your day to go in. It doesn't have to be every week, but always the same day of the week. That way, Timmy will start to get a feel for the schedule and also get used to the idea of being away from you. You will get used to time away from him plus have the advantage of being able to schedule things and know which days you will have free. The teachers can plan on having extra hands that day, so they can do special projects that they wouldn't otherwise be able to. And when Timmy wants to you to come with him all the time, you can just say, "Today's not my day. Remember, I come to school with you on Wednesdays."
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:24 pm

I am glad it went well.

have you thought about sending his lunch with him? make him a PB&J or what ever HE likes.

My kids have ALWAYS taken a lunch. mostly cause I cant afford school lunches. 1.75 each. but I also know what they are eating, and know they like it. Smile
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:42 pm

I got approved for the reduced lunch, and will pick up a lunch menu when I take him the first day (they forgot to bring it with them for their visits today- teacher and her aide) but I know the first day I will send a sack lunch with him. That way he can eat what I know he will eat and from there, see how it goes.

I want to look for part time work, but the hours would not work, unless I did temp office work. i do not know of any offices looking for that, and I did apply at a few temp agencies, but I am being realistic. With Tim working nights, (which a few of you know what I am talking about and can understand) I can not ask him to mess up his sleep schedule. I got afternoons for Timmy in school, just in case Tim gets morning overtime. Any nighttime overtime, I will drive him and pick him up the next morning, or he'll get a ride.

He needs his proper sleep and I can not risk him getting hurt at work. That is another reason why i would love to help out at Timmy's school.

I had asked about field trips, but sadly, it is not in the budget to do more than walk down the street to the fire station, but I am hoping I can help with something. Maybe a Halloween party or the Christmas party. I love Halloween, so I would have a blast doing that with him!

I would probably choose Mondays as my day to help out since that is Tim's early day home. I like to keep our Fridays open since that is the end of his week.
Missy
Missy

Back to top Go down

Post by BeachyBum Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:02 pm

That's great that it all went so well Missy!
I'm sure it's a big relief at least having all the information and the home visit complete.

My son is my only one, he's almost 11 now, and he LOVED day care and still LOVES schoolo ( although he'll rarely admit it! )

Oh, and I always make him buy lunch, mostly because it's the only way he'll ever try anything new! At home, he's eats kinda vegetarian. He won't eat meat here. At all. But with all his friends munching on hamburgers at school ? Well, he'll follow suit.
BeachyBum
BeachyBum
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 791
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~ 2 Golden Keys ~ Bzzing since 2003
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:44 pm

BeachyBum wrote:

Oh, and I always make him buy lunch, mostly because it's the only way he'll ever try anything new! At home, he's eats kinda vegetarian. He won't eat meat here. At all. But with all his friends munching on hamburgers at school ? Well, he'll follow suit.

My Mom and I think that my son is a vegetarian because he won't touch meat. When we make him try a bite, he acts like he will die and choke. He prefers peanut butter (no jelly) sandwiches. He LOVES Nutripal bars and granola bars too. Of course, he loves chips and candy too, when he can have some. lol

I just hope that he will follow suit of the other kids when it comes to lunch. Tim thinks "monkey see, monkey do". 2 weeks from today is his first day! wow.. affraid
Missy
Missy

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:48 pm

Today was supposed to be Zoe's first day. And of course she had a fever yesterday so even though she feels great today she stayed home. Sad
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by BeachyBum Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:57 pm

Missy,

I'd do my best to fins some kind of meat he likes now. Dalton used to eat cold cut pieces when he was 3, but no meat at all now. I chose not to argue too much over it when he was young, now the kid lives on fruit, pizza and pb&j, with an occasional mac&cheese.

Although, he will eat raw sugar snap peas. Can't my kid just eat a piece of chicken ? Thanksgiving is a nightmare, cuz it pisses the parental types off that he won't eat the meal.

Karen, will she go tomorrow ? You're good for keeping her home eventhough her fever was yesterday Smile
BeachyBum
BeachyBum

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:21 pm

No preschool on Fridays, and Labor Day is Monday so no school then either.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:39 pm

BeachyBum wrote:Missy,

I'd do my best to fins some kind of meat he likes now. Dalton used to eat cold cut pieces when he was 3, but no meat at all now. I chose not to argue too much over it when he was young, now the kid lives on fruit, pizza and pb&j, with an occasional mac&cheese.

Although, he will eat raw sugar snap peas. Can't my kid just eat a piece of chicken ? Thanksgiving is a nightmare, cuz it pisses the parental types off that he won't eat the meal.

He used to love chicken nuggets (fast food or store bought) but now wont touch them unless we make him think it's a french fry or onion ring or something. He has eaten White Castle burgers (size) but it has been a year since he did that. I try with everything, we make up a plate for him and he picks at it, or cries or just clamps his mouth shut.

Tim's mom used to be able to get him to eat. he adores his Grandma's, and when we lived with her, she'd come home from work and he'd sit in the kitchen with her, while she had a little snack before bed (she would get home between 8-9pm). We got him to eat a little hamburger a few weeks ago, but it was by force. He wasn't allowed something unless he took one bite. then he acted like it was so gross.

I am looking to find an affordable food processer and pick up that Jessica Seinfeld cookbook- it has great recipes to hide stuff in foods, but I don't have a way to mash it all up. We have thought of buying some baby food again and trying to get him to try that way. He used to eat EVERYTHING when it was baby food, but once he got on solids, then it all went down hill.
Missy
Missy

Back to top Go down

Post by BeachyBum Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:54 pm

Sounds just like Dalton. lol
BeachyBum
BeachyBum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down