Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yippee - My Grandkids Are Coming To Visit

+5
thebigscott
chelle
edbson
tara
trax
9 posters

Go down

Yippee - My Grandkids Are Coming To Visit Empty Yippee - My Grandkids Are Coming To Visit

Post by trax Wed May 19, 2010 2:19 pm

This weekend, in Canada, is a long weekend. Just received word our grandkids are coming to visit. Happy days - such a fun time we will have. We always have a marathon of the card game Go Fish. On Sunday is our community bake sale, there is a raffle for children and if you win - the prize is a huge basket of toys! I hope one of our grandkids wins - that would be great.

I always have special treats for the kids; stuff they do not get at home. Fruit twists, roll ups, and always Bean Casserole. I am so looking forward to their visit.
trax
trax
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 1470
Honeycomb : In Hold Mode - Level 6
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Yippee - My Grandkids Are Coming To Visit Empty Re: Yippee - My Grandkids Are Coming To Visit

Post by tara Wed May 19, 2010 2:24 pm

that's great Trax! I hope you all have a wonderful visit!
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Yippee - My Grandkids Are Coming To Visit Empty Re: Yippee - My Grandkids Are Coming To Visit

Post by edbson Wed May 19, 2010 3:07 pm

cheers
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Wed May 19, 2010 3:10 pm

wonderful!! I'm glad they are coming and it sounds like y'all are gonna have lots of fun!
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Wed May 19, 2010 5:34 pm

That's wonderful, and so nice that you get along with them. All kids should have grandparents who love them and look forward to seeing them.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by trax Fri May 21, 2010 8:15 pm

Ouch - the kids were on the road when they received a telephone call - my daughter-in-laws' Mom was rush to hospital. My stepson called to inform us they would not be arriving. They were on the way back home. This is the third stroke for her Mom; so chances are not that good. I hope for the best. It is important now - that the other side of the family be close.
trax
trax

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Fri May 21, 2010 9:47 pm

Sorry you are going to miss your visit Trax and sorry about their other grama Sad
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Fri May 21, 2010 9:48 pm

Sorry to hear that...
KellyM
KellyM

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Fri May 21, 2010 10:33 pm

Sorry to hear it didn't pan out. I hope you can enjoy the long weekend anyway.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Fri May 21, 2010 11:23 pm

I'm so sorry the grans won't be there afterall... except for the crock pot cooking today, everything else can wait, but still a disappointment :-)
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sat May 22, 2010 2:41 am

How awful! I hope she is OK. And kudos to you for being supportive of your DIL. I'm sure it's making a world of difference to their family to know that you understand.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by trax Sat May 22, 2010 7:54 pm

My stepson emailed me this morning to say he and the kids will be driving today. My daughter-in-law will stay with her Mom. That is good news, I look forward to their visit. My DIL's Mom is not doing well, I don't know any details as yet; but will hope for the best.

I appreciate everyones' kind words - that's nice!
trax
trax

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Sat May 22, 2010 8:54 pm

Sweet of you son to come with the grans... and it's so nice that you have such great compassion for our DIL's mother.... Perhaps getting the grans out of the environment will be easier on them... in fact, I'm sure it will be. Enjoy the short time you have with them this weekend!
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Sat May 22, 2010 9:31 pm

I'm glad you get to spoil them a little after all. Have a good time!
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sat May 22, 2010 11:34 pm

bizzeedee wrote:Sweet of you son to come with the grans... and it's so nice that you have such great compassion for our DIL's mother.... Perhaps getting the grans out of the environment will be easier on them... in fact, I'm sure it will be. Enjoy the short time you have with them this weekend!

Exactly what I was thinking! I hope it all works out.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by trax Mon May 24, 2010 2:34 pm

oh, eh, and wow - I had a great time with the grandkids, we had such fun! They loved all the special treats I had for them and loved all the food I cooked for them.

We attended our community bake sale on Sunday, it was a major hit! We entered our names for the prizes and you will never believe it - my granddaughter won for the childrens' basket and I won for the adult basket! Holy smucksville, Kayla was so happy - she was beaming. All the folks in the hall clapped for her and she had photos taken of her and her prize.

Her prize was a big basket full of toys - everything a child would love - it was mega christmas for her. There were coloring books, chalk, crayons, socks, skipping rope, candies, chocolate, gum, computer paper, lots of stuff.

The basket I won consisted of mainly canned good and lots of 'em. Soups, canned vegetables, cake mixes, chocolates, even a pair of slippers!

When the telephone rang at just past 11 a.m. - I knew someone here won something. The president says....Bev - you won the prize for the adult basket but that is not all - your granddaughter won the kids prize. Geez, our home exploded with yippees! It was a very special day for Kayla and I.

I asked the kids if they would like to go for a ride around the lake; sure they said. I had something up my sleeve, a plan. As we were walking up to the van - I threw the keys at my oldest grandson (16) and said, here Colbey - you drive! Man, he was thrilled. He did very well and yes, he does now have a learners' permit. We drove the dirt roads and I asked him to pull the van over. I said to my other grandson - okay - Jaden (13) - your turn. You guys switch places. Jaden was ....oh gramma, can I, really. Yes, I replied. I let him drive for a short distance and then I told him to pull over, Colbey could finish off the drive home.

It was a wonderful weekend. I also talked to my daughter in law, because when Kayla won the prize, I promised her she could call to her Mom. My daughter in laws' Mom is okay. They are still continuing to look at the circumstances and she will be in hospital for sometime. I hope for the best.

Thank you all for caring so much for me and my family - you folks are special!
trax
trax

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Mon May 24, 2010 2:49 pm

trax, what a relief for your daughter in law to have the kids away from home and being taken good care of while she was caring for her mom. Been there, done that with a dying parent, and the angst is something awful. You want to be at home so bad, but you're needed somewhere else. Missed chaperoning the big trip to Washington, DC with my youngest and missed his elementary school graduation. Those few days that he was away were actually a relief to me, though. I knew he was having fun and wouldn't have to cope with my absence & crying jags.

I think that's so cool that you and Kayla both won baskets of goodies! The stars were all aligned in your favor, that's for sure. It sounds like you had a great time after all. Very Happy
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Mon May 24, 2010 7:59 pm

Oh Gosh, just reading this post, my heart is full and the tears are flowing... you are so lucky to have such a wonderful relationship with your grandkids (if only)... And for you to let not only the eligble grandson drive, but the younger one, well he'll never ever forget that experience. How old is Kayla? How did you win? Was it a drawing or had you entered something to be judged?

Do tell.
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by trax Wed May 26, 2010 3:23 pm

eh, I did not mean for you to cry - I know - tears of happiness. Kayla is 11. The draws - there was a free draw for children - a big huge basket of toys, everything an 11 year youngette would love. The adult, you paid $1.00 per ticket, I purchased two. It had everything a 50+ youngette would love.
trax
trax

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down