Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mypoints gold level

+2
kleenaechs
briteasafirefly
6 posters

Go down

Mypoints gold level Empty Mypoints gold level

Post by briteasafirefly Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:31 pm

It appears mypoints now has a gold level and they tell you the approx. value of your current number of mypoints on your mypoints homepage.
Gold level seems to give you extra point earning opportunities if you make a certain number of purchases in each quarter...exclusive offers, 750 bonus mypoints when a referral hits gold level, and 25 points for every 500 points earned for shopping.

If you are already gold, then 2 qualifying purchase of $20 of more before 12/31, keeps you at gold status for all of 2013. otherwise, you have to re-earn gold membership after 3/31/2013.
It has all of your details listed and broken down in the account section.

Opinions?
briteasafirefly
briteasafirefly
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 625
Honeycomb : the doomed level 6
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Mypoints gold level Empty Re: Mypoints gold level

Post by kleenaechs Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:04 pm

I see on my page that I am gold also. The only purchase I made is OpenSky, so I guess they have that recorded, just not posted yet. Looks like it means extra points on that purchase. Wow Shocked
I do wish they would show what are the exclusive gold offers so I can decide if I need to maintain gold status.

kleenaechs

Number of posts : 641
Registration date : 2009-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by briteasafirefly Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:30 pm

it started on Oct. 1st, so I doubt the recent OpenSky deal will count...its probably from previous points earned from other things or just to try to get you excited for gold and wanting to mantain it.

It does mention the bonus opportunities for this quarter and I mentioned them above...750 points when referrals reach gold and a bonus 25 points for every 500 points.
Exclusive gold offers could possibly be opportunities like the Opensky one again(not likely though) or maybe double points from certain merchants. They will maybe have a couple in this quarter to encourage gold members to maintain their gold status.

I think I might make the two purchases before the end of the year, just so I can have gold for all of next year.
briteasafirefly
briteasafirefly

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:03 pm

Holiday shopping season is still ahead, so I hope they can come up with some good offers. Last year underwhelmed me.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by kleenaechs Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:47 pm

briteasafirefly wrote:it started on Oct. 1st, so I doubt the recent OpenSky deal will count...its probably from previous points earned from other things or just to try to get you excited for gold and wanting to mantain it.

It does mention the bonus opportunities for this quarter and I mentioned them above...750 points when referrals reach gold and a bonus 25 points for every 500 points.
Exclusive gold offers could possibly be opportunities like the Opensky one again(not likely though) or maybe double points from certain merchants. They will maybe have a couple in this quarter to encourage gold members to maintain their gold status.

I think I might make the two purchases before the end of the year, just so I can have gold for all of next year.

Me being gold has to be due to the Open Sky purchase because I have not made any purchase in many years. I usually use Ebates for shopping instead of MyPoints. I don't think this is brand new because Dee mentioned last year. Here are the rules I found:

Gold Member

At the beginning of each quarter we will announce the latest Gold Bonus opportunities.

For 4th quarter 2012 (October 1st - December 31st), Gold benefits will be:

Get 25 Bonus Points for every 500 Points earned for shopping or booking travel
Get 750 Bonus Points for each of your member referrals who achieves Gold membership
Access to exclusive offers for Gold members

If you're not already Gold, make just one qualifying purchase* before 12/31/2012 and earn Gold status through 3/31/2013. Make two qualifying purchases* before 12/31/2012 and you're Gold through 12/31/2013.

If you've already qualified as Gold, your membership status is good through 3/31/2013. To extend your Gold Membership through 12/31/2013, just make two qualifying purchases* by 12/31/2012.

*All shopping and travel purchases (excluding Amazon.com, games and discounted gift cards) of at least $20 each (excluding taxes, shipping & handling and special processing fees) made through the MyPoints.com website and emails (including BonusMails®) are eligible toward this promotion. Any purchase returned or exchanged will be subtracted from the total purchase count. Multiple transactions made with a single brand on a given day count as one transaction.

kleenaechs

Back to top Go down

Post by briteasafirefly Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:04 pm

it may have been in the works when Dee mentioned it, but it was definitely launched recently and became official... do you remember where Dee mentioned it because this is the first I heard of the gold levelw hen I logged onto mypoints and then got the email about it.

I think they may have gave everyone(or at least those who have been mypoints memembers for a while) the gold level to start with to encourage us to maintain gold status....
briteasafirefly
briteasafirefly

Back to top Go down

Post by kleenaechs Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:34 pm

briteasafirefly wrote:it may have been in the works when Dee mentioned it, but it was definitely launched recently and became official... do you remember where Dee mentioned it because this is the first I heard of the gold levelw hen I logged onto mypoints and then got the email about it.

I think they may have gave everyone(or at least those who have been mypoints memembers for a while) the gold level to start with to encourage us to maintain gold status....

You are likely correct. Sorry I don't know the post title but she mentioned it was up in the corner and said something about making a couple of purchases by a certain date to receive a bonus - I think. I didn't pay too much attention as I didn't really use that feature much in the past.

kleenaechs

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:13 pm

Yeah, I do remember Dee saying that! Now I can finally see what she was talking about. And yes, I'm gold too.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by vglory Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:50 pm

I guess I'll go gold when the opensky thing is processed....

vglory
Worker Bee
Worker Bee

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2012-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:06 pm

I get so tired of MP and BA constanting changing things up.... guess I'm getting to old for all the changes! I buy thru MP in Nov for Christmas gifts, so if I qualify to keep my "good" status (when did I get that?) in tack, so be it.
bizzeedee
bizzeedee
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyssa Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:33 am

I kinda agree with you Dee. I'm really not seeing what's so wonderful about this Gold status. Sort of like the credit cards that went to Platinum from Gold. Same card, same due date.

My neighbor (who I referred to BA and Swagbucks) has started doing her shopping through Swagbucks since she isn't very active on MP and wants to consolidate her points with one site for the best payoff. Since BA is the only other way I earn MPs, I guess I'll stick with MP for my (very few) online non-amazon purchases.

The potential Gold status with MP is rather unexciting to me unless they ship out some real gold with the membership card. lol

Nyssa

Number of posts : 525
Honeycomb : Just entering the Black Hole
Registration date : 2008-06-17

http://nyssa.cnc.net

Back to top Go down

Post by briteasafirefly Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:33 pm

So I guess gold level got dropped... or well its still there, but the quarter benefits haven't been updated for me since the Feb to March benefits.
I think I might occasionally get a mypoints email that has the special gold level member logo, but whatever the deals are, they aren't something I'm interested in.

Its either been dropped or once you reach gold status, they stop caring about giving you incentives... kinda like Bzzagent!
briteasafirefly
briteasafirefly

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:14 pm

I recently contacted MyPoints about the stupid Gold Level. I was asking when the website would be updated to reflect the current quarter's benefits. The first time they responded by listing the benefits for Feb and March. I countered that by thanking them for that information but asking for the benefits for April, May, June, July, August, September and October. Here is their response:

Thank you for contacting MyPoints Member Services.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Please be informed that since no program was defined for the second quarter of 2013, no points were awarded to any members for the purchases since April 01, 2013.

We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you. Thank you for being a loyal MyPoints member.

Sincerely,

Shawn D
MyPoints Member Services

What a sham!
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by briteasafirefly Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:38 am

so in other words...

we changed our minds about gold level or it was just a plot to get us spending and now we(bzzagent) are too lazy or could care less to update our website to make it disappear altogether.

The incentive mypoints weren't that great(from what I remember it has been 7 months) , but it did motivate me slightly to consider purchasing online just to get the little bonus mypoints.
briteasafirefly
briteasafirefly

Back to top Go down

Post by briteasafirefly Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:45 pm

And its officially been dropped... just read the email. Its been cancelled... they want to do promotions like Lucky Leaf and the Pumpkin thingie.

I didn't even bother with whatever the Pumpkin promotion was since Lucky Leaf ended up being a disappointment that was gone within minutes of posting.
briteasafirefly
briteasafirefly

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:23 pm

Imp sticking with my 5 MP emails... they add up ... click open close... easy peasy LOL
oh and the MPs I receive for bzz reports... 50 at a time Very Happy 
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content