Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OpenSky Bonus Mail from MyPoints - woohoo

+4
agaphmou
tara
kleenaechs
Lori
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

OpenSky Bonus Mail from MyPoints - woohoo Empty OpenSky Bonus Mail from MyPoints - woohoo

Post by Lori Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:27 am

On Aug 28th I cllicked on a MyPoints email for OpenSky. It's one of those members-only shopping sites like Gilt Groupe. I got 25 points for signing up, plus $10 in my account. I referred my sister and I got $1 for that (I think she got $10). I got an email yesterday about a 3-day Labor Day sale event that promised $10. I clicked on it today and had $21 in my account. So, I just started looking at the items for sale from my "curators". I was looking for something cheap, or preferably FREE. BINGO! I follow Devin Alexander because she wrote one of my favorite cookbooks of all time - Fast Food Fix. I snagged a set of 3 food storage containers that were on sale for $15. With $6 shipping, I still got it FREE!

Sometimes it PAYS to click on those MyPoints emails! I'm doing a happy dance!
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

OpenSky Bonus Mail from MyPoints - woohoo Empty Re: OpenSky Bonus Mail from MyPoints - woohoo

Post by Lori Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:32 am

OpenSky Bonus Mail from MyPoints - woohoo D625ef10

This is it, but I got white. The lids are clear, and each container has a sliding lever so you can indicate the month and date that you prepared the food.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

OpenSky Bonus Mail from MyPoints - woohoo Empty Re: OpenSky Bonus Mail from MyPoints - woohoo

Post by kleenaechs Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:59 am

Do you know who was the exact sender on the sale email? I belong to Open Sky but havem't paid much attention. I have $11 in my account and would like to get the $10 more form that email but can't seem to find it.

kleenaechs
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 641
Registration date : 2009-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by kleenaechs Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:15 pm

I did a search in my email and I don't think I got that email. I did see I missed a $5 back to school credit though. Going to have to pay more attention to the emails. Congrats on yoru bargain Lori!

kleenaechs

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:18 pm

It came yesterday (Thurs) and it said Enjoy the last days of summer with a $10 credit ... from OpenSky
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:53 pm

Great deal Lori!
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:43 pm

I just got an email from OpenSky that someone I referred (it must have been my sister) placed an order, so I had a $20 credit. When I placed the order yesterday, I was given a $5 credit that expires tonight at midnight. So with my $25 credit I ordered a set of 9 Two Degrees snack bars. They were $20 + $6 shipping - my $25 credit = I paid $1 out of pocket.
OpenSky Bonus Mail from MyPoints - woohoo 554303
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by kleenaechs Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:18 pm

Good for you Lori OpenSky Bonus Mail from MyPoints - woohoo 78280
I figured it out & looked around. I have had lots of credits that have expired it seems. I had a $10 credit and it was the Labor Day one, not my sign up bonus - lost that lol!. I ended up ordering a photo chain. It hangs on the wall and you clip photos to it. It is different looking & I think one of my dd's will love it for her baby's room (baby coming in Dec). It was $10 and $6 shipping. I am pretty happy with it for $6. It was from Project Nursery. I did get a $5 credit, but don't think I am getting anything else this weekend (it expires Mon).

kleenaechs

Back to top Go down

Post by kleenaechs Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:10 pm

Well I used my $5 credit & now they gave me another on lol. I realized it is time to get my Dad's wife her birthday gift. Found some nice mirrored frames (also in Project Nursery) on sale for $25 w free shipping. I thought they looked like a nice gift and a bargain at $20 & free shipping. Now I have another $5 credit in my account. I say I am not going to use it, but I better never say never Razz

kleenaechs

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:40 pm

LOL I know, it's like being sucked in. My sister said she ordered some soaps featured by Alicia Silverstone. I told her I'd split the snack bars with since I only got them because she purchased something.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by kleenaechs Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:42 am

Looks like they are pretty generous with the credits because I got another $10 yesterday. It is good until Mon I think.

kleenaechs

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:21 am

I got that, too. LOL I don't think I'm biting this time. I thought about the Barney Butter, but it's cheaper on Amazon for 2 10 oz. jars.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by kleenaechs Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:01 am

I am not planning on using it. I want to see how I like the two items I ordered. However, I like the idea of having generous credits. You never know what will pop up on sale & free shipping!

kleenaechs

Back to top Go down

Post by kleenaechs Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:14 pm

I just checked my account and neither item has shipped yet. In fact the one I ordered for my Dad's wife says it usually ships in 4 weeks Shocked I wanted this for this week. Her bday is not for 2 weeks yet, but I am going to see my Dad this weekend. He just went in a hospice & is not going to live much longer. I didn't want to have to mail it to her, but now I am not even sure it will ship in time to mail it to her. I am not happy about this. I should have looked at shipping info, but never thought it would be an issue.

kleenaechs

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:11 am

Sorry to hear that, kleenaechs! I didn't have any time constraints on my orders, but I did receive an email from them re the first order (the leftover containers) within a couple of days of ordering that said they would be delayed a week or two. And I received an email that the snack bars had shipped.

I don't know if you've tried NoMoreRack but I've had a bad experience with them time-wise that they totally made right in the form of extra credits. It more than made up for the delay in my case. I'm wondering if you should contact their customer support and see how they deal with the situation. Test them out a little. I know NoMoreRack had very helpful CS. They wanted desperately to make it right so only good word got out about their new company.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by kleenaechs Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:36 am

I might contact them about it, but I don't feel up to it before I go visit my Dad. They can't get it to me to take with me like I expected anyway. I complained to Harry & David about not shipping peaches to my Dad on time for his birthday. I explained he is sick and might not live much longer. He did get the peaches and is enjoying them, but their cs didn't even say they were sorry, just that they had no control over the peaches getting ripe. They didn't even call me about it, I had to call them! I am not up to another company letting down while I am feeling so depressed anyway.

kleenaechs

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:01 am

I hear you on that. It's just too much on some days. I went down to my son's yesterday and helped him get situated in his new digs. I watched him call Comcast to get his Internet service. OMG, he was just drained after the experience. He was on the phone for an hour, and at the end of the call he was put on hold and eventually patched through to another customer who had also been placed on hold. She started to explain her situation to my son and he had to say "I'M A CUSTOMER TOO!"
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by kleenaechs Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:31 am

I just called them and they have no idea when either item will ship. I left my orders open for now, but may cancel if they don't ship soon. They have no idea when they will ship and all they say is they are sorry and understand why I wold be upset - gosh what a help Rolling Eyes

kleenaechs

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:19 pm

I hear somewhere that Harry and David is not doing well,I think they filed chapter 11 is it??
agaphmou
agaphmou
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 4523
Honeycomb :

Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:39 pm

I am SO mad at harry anddavid right now...GRRRR! I order some stuff, was supposed to be here today, and it has not shipped, and they have billed me
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:43 pm

Well I had deleted the mpts email but I bit when I got an email for it from inbox dollars.10 dollar credit.I happen to look around tonight and saw the most adorable and practical earbuds called zipbuds.apparently the wires are impossible to ravel up.I didn't get a great deal like you all,just 10 dollars off but they look great and I think I will love them .I got them for 28
agaphmou
agaphmou

Honeycomb :

Back to top Go down

Post by briteasafirefly Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:15 pm

I got those too Athena!!!

I had some $10 bonus deal, so I got $20 off and thought yay new headphones for running and they are only going to cost me $8! After $7 in shipping costs and sales tax, they are costing me $17.17.

I got the pink and white set...it was hard for me to chose which i liked best!

I like what I have now and untangling them isn't too hard to do on my way out the door, but the little earpieces are loosing their staying power and I'm constantly having to adjust them to get them to stay, which while running is a pain in the butt!
I hope they don't take forever to get here....
briteasafirefly
briteasafirefly

Number of posts : 625
Honeycomb : the doomed level 6
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:22 pm

I wish they'd have free shipping once in a while. I'd be a lot more tempted, especially when I have a $10 credit just waiting for me to pounce on something.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:36 pm

I have such a difficult time with any brand of ear buds... I have weird ear canals...my doctor just laughs (which is okay because I know) .. I have a hard time putting in soft ear plugs at night so to get beyond hubby's snoring LOL If I'm using my MPG player while walking and the wind is blowing, they fall out, and I have to push the buds back in... it's frustrating to say to least to have deformed ear canals :-(
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:59 pm

briteasafirefly wrote:I got those too Athena!!!

I had some $10 bonus deal, so I got $20 off and thought yay new headphones for running and they are only going to cost me $8! After $7 in shipping costs and sales tax, they are costing me $17.17.

I got the pink and white set...it was hard for me to chose which i liked best!

I like what I have now and untangling them isn't too hard to do on my way out the door, but the little earpieces are loosing their staying power and I'm constantly having to adjust them to get them to stay, which while running is a pain in the butt!
I hope they don't take forever to get here....

HAHA Jessica!!! We have the same taste! lol I ordered the pink/black although they're both very pretty.I also checked on amazon and they have them for 40 ,so I saved 12 dollars and tax,but they also have more colors (all black,blue and white and blue/black) It's all good though.As for shipping,,so true Lori! I don't see myself shopping much more if at all on this site,depends on how much they'll pay me to shop there lol Laughing
agaphmou
agaphmou

Honeycomb :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next