Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So what time does your mail usually come?

+6
chelle
edbson
Scarlett
Connie
Honey
bringthechaos
10 posters

Go down

So what time does your mail usually come? Empty So what time does your mail usually come?

Post by bringthechaos Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:40 am

My mail lady used to be a lot more reliable, coming somewhere between 10 and 11 every morning. Now she comes at a mix of times, anywhere from 11 to 3 in the afternoon. I'm constantly looking out the window to see if the flag is down yet!
bringthechaos
bringthechaos
Worker Bee
Worker Bee

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

So what time does your mail usually come? Empty Re: So what time does your mail usually come?

Post by Honey Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:44 am

Aprox 3pm, give or take an hour either way. Yesterday I didn't get any mail delivered because of flooded roads.
I can't see my box from my house either. I have to go 1/4 mile to check on it.
Honey
Honey
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 1859
Honeycomb : 5
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

So what time does your mail usually come? Empty Re: So what time does your mail usually come?

Post by bringthechaos Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:48 am

Honey wrote:Aprox 3pm, give or take an hour either way. Yesterday I didn't get any mail delivered because of flooded roads.
I can't see my box form my house either. I have to go 1/4 mile to check on it.
Oh no Sad ...I would have been majorly disappointed if I was you! I'm constantly waiting for product tests, survey checks, etc. It's like the highlight of my day! Sad huh? Laughing

I remember when I was 6 years old my dad was an assistant manager of a gigantic elderly apartment complex. All of the apartments faced the mail center in the middle and the mail man/lady would turn a light off to signal that the mail had come. That way all the old folks that obsessed over their mail could just look out their windows every five minutes without getting up.
bringthechaos
bringthechaos
Worker Bee
Worker Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by Connie Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:49 am

Usually between 12:30 and 1:30 Every now and then they will be really off and it won't show up until around 5 but that's pretty rare.
Connie
Connie
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://www.katieshugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlett Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:57 am

between 1-2pm. However the UPS dude doesn't show up til between 6-7pm!
Scarlett
Scarlett

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2008-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by bringthechaos Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:01 pm

Scarlett wrote:between 1-2pm. However the UPS dude doesn't show up til between 6-7pm!
lol what's his deal!?

A while ago I had sent a laptop out as part of my service contract and it was supposed to arrive on a Saturday by 7 p.m. Thinking, "He should have been here at 12...he's not coming..." I left my house around 6:30 to go to a friend's for dinner and I came back home to a note on my door saying "sorry we missed you." It was timed at 7. I understand WHY they would refuse to leave it without a signature but it still sucks.
bringthechaos
bringthechaos
Worker Bee
Worker Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:21 pm

We get mail anytime between 8 am-5pm, and every once in a while we don't get it at all, but get it twice the next day. Our regular/reliable mailperson retired, so now we have a long string of subs who don't have a clue!
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by bringthechaos Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:29 pm

Haha! that must be tough.

Mail lady just came Wink Got a $5 check from pine cone and a bunch of junk mail.
bringthechaos
bringthechaos
Worker Bee
Worker Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:16 pm

Regular mail between 12-1

UPS? around dark thirty.

I live in the country, and down the next road is alot of my great aunts and uncles. I was down there visiting and he happened to drive by. He stoped in to ask me where someone lived.

about a week later he came by here and needed a signature, I wasnt home, he went back to my aunts and gave her the package. And he had 3 that I needed to give him directions on.

She told him to just leave them, she went to church with 2 of them and would be going that night and the other I would deliver the next day. She did and I did.

My mail man and normal ups drivers all know if MY truck is gone, dont knock on the door. cause BR sleeeps during the day. But if they need a signature they will try to track me down.
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:30 pm

LOL chelle. My UPS packages used to have directions drawn on the box. Now they know me, but not my husband lol. Once there was a package in his name and they were like - who is Paul, we only know Rochelle lol!
Oh and UPS can come early, but usually dark thirty here too. What is up with that? We are all on the end of the UPS route confused
Honey
Honey

Number of posts : 1859
Honeycomb : 5
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:07 pm

again, chelle lol!

I get mail by ten am most days.. Of course it may not be my mail, but what the heck, eh?

UPS ? No idea, it comes all times of day and evening.. So what time does your mail usually come? 363723
kath
kath

Number of posts : 1338

http://mckaitsbooks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by aurora04 Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:40 pm

Our mail comes anytime between 9 and 10:30. We saw her this morning putting mail in at 9:00, but the last time we checked at 10:00 she hadn't been there yet. Either way it's fine with us, since we usually don't get home until after 10:30 from driving my daughter to preschool.
aurora04
aurora04

Number of posts : 766
Honeycomb : Level 6, Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by fergui Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:25 am

Honey wrote:LOL chelle. My UPS packages used to have directions drawn on the box. Now they know me, but not my husband lol. Once there was a package in his name and they were like - who is Paul, we only know Rochelle lol!
Oh and UPS can come early, but usually dark thirty here too. What is up with that? We are all on the end of the UPS route confused

LOL...I'm in town and there are still directions drawn on most of my UPS packages. But if I know that a package is coming I'll usually just stop them wherever I see them in town and get it from them. I've been known to call the main office and have them call the driver to meet me at McDonald's or somewhere if I know I'm not going to be home to get it. LOL

But the PO mail usually comes by 10:30.
fergui
fergui
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:46 am

fergui wrote:
Honey wrote:LOL chelle. My UPS packages used to have directions drawn on the box. Now they know me, but not my husband lol. Once there was a package in his name and they were like - who is Paul, we only know Rochelle lol!

LOL...I'm in town and there are still directions drawn on most of my UPS packages. But if I know that a package is coming I'll usually just stop them wherever I see them in town and get it from them. I've been known to call the main office and have them call the driver to meet me at McDonald's or somewhere if I know I'm not going to be home to get it. LOL

But the PO mail usually comes by 10:30.

Good grief! Stop them in town??? meet them at McD's? So what time does your mail usually come? 102
I would have never dreamed of doing that!!! lol!
kath
kath

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:44 am

Honey wrote:What is up with that? We are all on the end of the UPS route confused

Yes. The route goes... first, leave to deliver packages, second, as soon as you're out of sight take a coffee break or a nap So what time does your mail usually come? 87272 , third go to a double feature So what time does your mail usually come? 684433 , fourth deliver packages.

OK, he doesn't really do that. But I swear that no one I know gets UPS packages in the daylight. Maybe that's when they do corporate deliveries?
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by fergui Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:53 pm

kath wrote: Good grief! Stop them in town??? meet them at McD's? So what time does your mail usually come? 102
I would have never dreamed of doing that!!! lol!

The pleasures of living in rural america.... lol!
fergui
fergui
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:55 pm

I guess so!

Very Happy
kath
kath

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down