Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tivo & hubby issues grrr

4 posters

Go down

Tivo & hubby issues grrr Empty Tivo & hubby issues grrr

Post by Honey Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:27 pm

I was watching a show I had recorded on my Tivo, when the power went out due to tornadoes in the area (this was Sun). When the power came back, I got a message saying a fatal error had occurred and it was trying to repair itself. It started working again, but would reset itself about once an hour. That night I turned it off all night and tried again in the morning. Well it was worse and kept resetting every few minutes. You really can't watch anything like that, because it takes 10-15 minutes for each reset. So I turned it off and watched the tv and Tivo in my dd's room. I was having a bad day yesterday and decided not to call Directv and aggravate myself more. Dh decided he would call after dinner. I know better, but let him do it anyway (why do I do that???). Anyway, he found out we had to have the unit delete everything and clean itself. That was a bummer to lose all we had recorded, but we couldn't watch it like it was, so it was worth a shot. So dh gets off the phone and comes to tell me that Directv has said we need to upgrade all of our units or we will be losing our local channels. I freak out because we have 2 Tivo units that I do NOT want switched to the crappy sucky Directv Plus units. I ask him if he ordered anything? He says of course not, but proceeds to explain the deal to me of why we must get these new boxes. He makes no sense, so I go look it up. It does look like we may have to do this at some point, but our area is not currently on the list needing to change n 2009. I told him we don't have to switch yet and I am waiting until Directv has new Tivo boxes. He said he asked about that and they said they are not available yet. Ok, we will wait then. Then he says I need to call and cancel the three boxes he has set up to go in on March 25th. OMG you said you didn't place any orders!! He repies this is an upgrade, he didn't order anything. He then tells me they said we had to do this (sure maybe one day, but not this day, they just want us to do it to make things easier on them). God help me not to kill him! I told him he better call and cancel, I am not calling them, but we do not need those boxes and now and I don't want to lose my Tivo!). He called and canceled and now says he will not talk to them again. Thank God!
Then as I am going to bed he says, oh yeah we aren't getting any local channels on this unit. Wtf is wrong with him? I told him to call and fix that because I better have local channels when I get up in the morning. I guess he did, because I have all the channels this morning.
Honey
Honey
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 1859
Honeycomb : 5
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Tivo & hubby issues grrr Empty Re: Tivo & hubby issues grrr

Post by tara Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:35 pm

Tivo & hubby issues grrr 820607
I am sorry Honey. I've been through it with Direct Tv, Time Warner and worst of all Dish Network who apparently hires no one with an IQ over 11. My hubby wouldn't call any of them, it was always me. Nothing has been better for my blood pressure than going to the converter box (my tvs are all digital ready but pick up more with the box) and using the internet as my dvr. I can't tell you how pissed I would get when it randomly deleted everything. With dish network alone we went through 4 sets of equipment in 21 months, bumps on my forehead from banging it against the wall and countless stupid people oh and a brand spanking new white carpet that the repair guys ruined with their muddy boots (refused to remove their shoes or wear booties) that was two days old. Ugh, I feel the stress just talking about it.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:41 pm

OH no Honey! That sucks!! Sad

I have a feeling that I will have to be dealing with Dish in the next few weeks. I had an issue Sunday night. Pissed me off.
But BR refuses to talk to anyone. He just sits beside me and hollers and cusses cause I cant answer HIM and the tech on the phone. LOL
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:25 pm

Now the Tivo just tried to freak me out lol. It had a mind of it's own and was recording all kinds of crap. I forgot everything about it was reset and wiped clean, so I had to tell it not to record any things it thinks I might like Rolling Eyes I can pick my own shows thankyouverymuch!
Honey
Honey

Number of posts : 1859
Honeycomb : 5
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:33 pm

LOL! I like the idea of that feature, but I've never had a genuine Tivo box so I've never gotten to try it.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content