Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friday the 13th... the movie

3 posters

Go down

Friday the 13th... the movie Empty Friday the 13th... the movie

Post by Missy Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:27 pm

I will not hijack Karen's thread on the school dance, so here is my take on the movie...

I love love loved!! That movie. I went with Tim and my neighbors, who are our really good friends.

We got to sit pretty close, but still far enough to get a good view.

The only thing I hated was that there were 2 little girls (under 18 ) sitting next to Tim that jumped and screamed at every little thing, and complained when there were topless scenes. THAT angered because we went at about 1pm to buy the tickets and got asked for ID for all the tickets we were buying. BULLSH**. We had to go back to my friend's work and get her and another's id to go back and buy their tickets. THEN when we get there, there were so many underage people there, I was LIVID. They even held up the movie a bit to seat 8 of them because it was a sold-out show. I am going to send them an email or if that is not possible, go back up and complain to management. I felt very discriminated against and harassed because of that. All these kIDS and no adults for a rated-R movie BUT I, who is clearly over 21 even, can not buy all 4 of my tickets ahead of time WITHOUT an ID?? Oh, and some wonderful parents decided to bring their little 3/4 yr old little girl with!!! After the movie, hubby and I got up and stood in an empty seat aisle to wait for the crowd to clear, when I notice that a little head poppin' along, i look down and it was a little girl around my son's age. I would NEVER allow my son to watch anything like that. UGH

But that all aside, It was a good movie. A little predictable, but as someone who enjoys horror movies, I liked it. GOOD ENDING too.. WOW. I will not say much else for those that want to go see it, because I am NOT a spoilsport like that, but it was bomb-diggity. lol .

Afterwards, since my babysitter was grounded except to sit for us, we went with my friends to watch her Dad play at a banquet hall/restaurant. It was nice. I at first started out with a soda, since i thought we were heading home soon. But nope. My one gal had other plans in mind. She let me sip off her Cosmo. Then, hubby got me a Chocolate martini. I can say that DAVID BOWIE made me a chocolate martini. lol The bartender's real name is that! :-) After that, I realized I sorta am a lightweight because I had a nice buzz going. So, my gal and I, her Mom and mom's friend, and 2 of the bartender's all had a jager bomb. Then I had a Caribou Lou made for me... mmm.. That was SO YUMMY!! But at that time, it was time to head home.

So, I had a good night and really enjoyed the movie. I honestly would love to go see it again.

For the Freddy VS Jason movie, chelle, it happened to be on later that night! I thought that was weird. It was also supposed to be the movie that Tim and I were supposed to go see for our first date, BUT they were sold out, so I couldn't go. But I am glad on that because Tim and I ended up talking and getting to know each other all night that night, so it worked out.
Missy
Missy
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 2031
Honeycomb : Level 6- The Abyss
Registration date : 2008-04-25

http://www.cafemom.com/home/missmissy

Back to top Go down

Friday the 13th... the movie Empty Re: Friday the 13th... the movie

Post by edbson Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:06 pm

Jason and Jager Bombs, sounds like my kinda night! Glad you enjoyed it!
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:54 pm

Sounds great, Missy! I also hate seeing little kids in scary movies. I know that some kids are not scared, but I still think it's a bad idea. I would never, ever bring Zoe to a movie like that, and I would think a long while before I let my older kids go to one. Scary movies are much more graphic and there's a lot more torture (rather than just killing) than there was when I was a teen. I know my older kids are very tender-hearted for their age so I always take that into account and encourage them to avoid stuff that I know from experience that they aren't likely to do well with.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content